Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar tears ACL: Offer Gio to Texans?
It appears Lamar Miller has torn his ACL in practice and is out for the season. Lucky for the Texans, they had already traded with the Browns to sign Duke Johnson. I wonder if Gio would be of interest for them. It would have to be a pretty decent draft pick or maybe they would part with a LB?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmm, Luck retiring does help free up the top slot of that division so they may be looking to make a quick move.
Reply/Quote
I think they already have the same guy in Duke Johnson. To me it's more likely they sign Jay Ajayi to give them more of a between the tackles runner to compliment Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It appears Lamar Miller has torn his ACL in practice and is out for the season.  Lucky for the Texans, they had already traded with the Browns to sign Duke Johnson.  I wonder if Gio would be of interest for them.  It would have to be a pretty decent draft pick or maybe they would part with a LB?

While...  Rodney Anderson and Javien Williams look GREAT!!!!… . they both had the same issue in college of staying healthy..   

But if your gonna trade GIO   this is the time.
Reply/Quote
Hell I might be willing to part with Mixon for Zach Cunningham and a pick.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Texans have a glut of OL and they need a RB. I would think/hope they'd be willing to trade an OL to get RB help.
The starters at OT look to be Kalil and Henderson with Roderick Johnson, Julien Davenport, Tytus Howard, and Max Scharping all backing up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Texans have a glut of OL and they need a RB. I would think/hope they'd be willing to trade an OL to get RB help.
The starters look to be Kalil and Henderson with Roderick Johnson, Julien Davenport, Tytus Howard, and Max Scharping all backing up.

...and they could just wait until cut day and pick through the left overs to pair with David Johnson.

A guy like TJ Yeldon could be available because the Bill's have alot of running backs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:51 PM)Synric Wrote: ...and they could just wait until cut day and pick through the left overs to pair with David Johnson.

A guy like TJ Yeldon could be available because the Bill's have alot of running backs.

They could, but you don't know who will be available.
The Bengals could just wait to see what OL the Texans could cut too, but should they?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Texans have a glut of OL and they need a RB.

Didn't the Texans have one of the worst O-lines in the league last year?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They could, but you don't know who will be available.
The Bengals could just wait to see what OL the Texans could cut too, but should they?

I believe they would have alot better chance getting a RB thry can pair with Johnson than the Bengals have finding an Offensive linemen.

The league is hurting bad for quality offensive line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Tytus Howard or Scharping definitely are thoughts I would entertain in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 01:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tytus Howard or Scharping definitely are thoughts I would entertain in a trade.

My guess is Houston goes after Lesean McCoy
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't the Texans have one of the worst O-lines in the league last year?

So it's a "yes"?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't the Texans have one of the worst O-lines in the league last year?

Lol yup they are in worse shape than us the last thing they would probably do is trade an offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
[quote='ochocincos' pid='746558' dateline='1566834285']
Texans have a glut of OL and they need a RB. I would think/hope they'd be willing to trade an OL to get RB help.
The starters at OT look to be Kalil and Henderson with Roderick Johnson, Julien Davenport, Tytus Howard, and Max Scharping all backing up.

Houston would have to trade a player for a rb. Their trade for duke Johnson was a 4 rounder that could become a 3rd. Unfortunately Giovanni isn’t really what they need and our other backs are unproven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 01:27 PM)Blazer7051 Wrote: My guess is Houston goes after Lesean McCoy

I agree

Bills would likely trade McCoy and he hefty salary for a draft pick

A healthy McCoy is better than a healthy Bernard
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

And still do; rumours abounded that they would only take an OT for Clowney, in a trade.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 01:36 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Lol yup they are in worse shape than us the last thing they would probably do is trade an offensive lineman.

I wouldn't say they are in worse shape.
They are in about the same shape for this year.

Their OL was worse than the Bengals last year though.

All of their OL last year were rated about the same as the Bengals have now.
They spent their first two draft picks on OL Tytus Howard and Max Scharping.
It doesn't sound like they are going to start Howard or Scharping at OT (this year) unless an injury occurs.

I liked both Howard and Scharping as backup OT pickups.
I don't think the Bengals would be looking for starters anyway, they seem set at those spots.
What they need is OT depth, as their only depth is Andre Smith.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Texans have a glut of OL and they need a RB. I would think/hope they'd be willing to trade an OL to get RB help.

I know the Bengals really liked Tytus Howard coming in to the draft.  
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Howard a first round pick? If they offered Howard for Bernard I would say yes.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote