Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landry Jones > Dalton
Wow
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Wow

I don't know about that, but great W for the Steelers today.  You guys won the turnover battle and that's what you have to do to have a chance against good teams with your backup QB.  Props to Landry Jones for making Tomlin look like a completely inept coach that can't even properly evaluate the players on his own team.  Congrats!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't know about that, but great W for the Steelers today.  You guys won the turnover battle and that's what you have to do to have a chance against good teams with your backup QB.  Props to Landry Jones for making Tomlin look like a completely inept coach that can't even properly evaluate the players on his own team.  Congrats!

It was Jones' first snaps of his career. Bryant's first game back this year. And Boswell was 4 for 4, 3 of which were between 47 and 51 yards. Unlikely heroes for sure.

Jones' struggled beyond belief all this preseason, and this was by far his best preseason of his career. I'm not sure how he managed to be better than great today.
Reply/Quote
Landry Jones > Ben Roethlisberger
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:30 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It was Jones' first snaps of his career. Bryant's first game back this year. And Boswell was 4 for 4, 3 of which were between 47 and 51 yards. Unlikely heroes for sure.

Jones' struggled beyond belief all this preseason, and this was by far his best preseason of his career. I'm not sure how he managed to be better than great today.

I don't think most people realized how big the Suisham injury was, because Heinz Field is place kicker hell.  Hitting that many at that range is a great day for anybody.

In fairness with Jones, though,Bryant bailed him out on a circus catch on the first TD and the second was good RAC/terrible pursuit.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals' victory over the Bills was more impressive than the Steelers' victory over Rosie Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think most people realized how big the Suisham injury was, because Heinz Field is place kicker hell.  Hitting that many at that range is a great day for anybody.

In fairness with Jones, though,Bryant bailed him out on a circus catch on the first TD and the second was good RAC/terrible pursuit.

Suisham got a touchback on basically every kickoff last year. Boswell is consistent, but only gets them between 4-6 yards deep. It's worth the risk to run it out, even though the Steelers coverage has been really good this year.

I agree with how both of the TDs went down, but Jones also had a great back shoulder throw to Brown with Peterson in perfect position and dropped another perfect pass to Byrant over the linebacker and between 2 defensive backs. That 2nd TD was 2nd and 8 from his own 12 with 2:15 on the clock. It takes guts to pass in that situation. His only mistake was bouncing a 3rd and short cross route to an open brown. He has shown no signs of life his entire 3 year career so his performance was more surprising than anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:01 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Suisham got a touchback on basically every kickoff last year. Boswell is consistent, but only gets them between 4-6 yards deep. It's worth the risk to run it out, even though the Steelers coverage has been really good this year.

I agree with how both of the TDs went down, but Jones also had a great back shoulder throw to Brown with Peterson in perfect position and dropped another perfect pass to Byrant over the linebacker and between 2 defensive backs.  That 2nd TD was 2nd and 8 from his own 12 with 2:15 on the clock. It takes guts to pass in that situation. His only mistake was bouncing a 3rd and short cross route to an open brown. He has shown no signs of life his entire 3 year career so his performance was more surprising than anything.

Hopefully Jones moves ahead of Vick on the depth chart.  I got sick and tired of every Steelers game being turned into a "Resurrection of Michael Vick" human interest story.
Reply/Quote
QB Controversy in Pittsburgh.
I think Jones is putting some pressure on RapeBurgler! Wink
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hopefully Jones moves ahead of Vick on the depth chart.  I got sick and tired of every Steelers game being turned into a "Resurrection of Michael Vick" human interest story.
Truth.  

Nobody gives a **** about Vick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hopefully Jones moves ahead of Vick on the depth chart.  I got sick and tired of every Steelers game being turned into a "Resurrection of Michael Vick" human interest story.

You think a guy being 3rd on the depth charts stops the media from talking about someone nonstop? Ever hear of Manziel or Tebow? Vick's journey that led him to the Steelers was a still bigger storyline this game than the fact that it was Byrant's first game of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:45 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You think a guy being 3rd on the depth charts stops the media from talking about someone nonstop? Ever hear of Manziel or Tebow? Vick's journey that led him to the Steelers was a still bigger storyline this game than the fact that it was Byrant's first game of the season.

True, but it's a bigger deal when he gets a chance to start. Otherwise, you just get the sideline shots and "You have to wonder if the Steelers will turn to Vick.  This offense needs a spark." commentary when the offense struggles.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:00 PM)Whatever Wrote: True, but it's a bigger deal when he gets a chance to start. Otherwise, you just get the sideline shots and "You have to wonder if the Steelers will turn to Vick.  This offense needs a spark." commentary when the offense struggles.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, more so speaking to how ******** the media is. Ben could be back next week so I'm hoping the depth chart order is a moot point.
Reply/Quote
Hats off to Pittsburgh. Impressive 3 games without Ben.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hats off to Pittsburgh.  Impressive 3 games without Ben.

Damn steelers just wont go away. But with the ravens crapping the bed again, and the browns finding new and creative ways to lose, it has officially become a two team race for the division.
Reply/Quote
I gain satisfaction from living in CLE and seeing the sad factory faces.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: Damn steelers just wont go away. But with the ravens crapping the bed again, and the browns finding new and creative ways to lose, it has officially become a two team race for the division.

The Browns are the anti-Steelers this year.  The Steelers have been finding ways to pull out ugly wins and the Browns have been finding new and entertaining ways to find a way to lose.
Reply/Quote
Landry Jones = Mark Malone's lovechild
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Wow

That was a big win today and Bryant is a stud find.

The backups kept the Steelers in it and a dangerous team once he returns
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 09:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That was a big win today and Bryant is a stud find.

The backups kept the Steelers in it and a dangerous team once he returns

Bryant will smoke himself right out of the league.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote