Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of moving
Vancouver Island is no where close to the city of Vancouver, BC.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 11:00 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I've heard good things...and from what i've seen it looks like a great city.  real estate is apparently worse than here.  Toronto is insane as far as housing prices go.

Well, I don't know if I could live in the city itself, but more out in the small townish area.  I'm more of a country bumpkin that way. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:36 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: If I had to move to Canada, it'll be on the west coast, Vancouver.  Ya, give me some of that please.

(04-20-2016, 12:39 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Well, I don't know if I could live in the city itself, but more out in the small townish area.  I'm more of a country bumpkin that way. 

I don't know, I enjoyed the time I spent in Haliburton, which is in Ontario. There is a scout reserve nearby that I spent a good deal of time at over a decade ago now. Really nice area, especially for us country bumpkin types.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 12:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know, I enjoyed the time I spent in Haliburton, which is in Ontario. There is a scout reserve nearby that I spent a good deal of time at over a decade ago now. Really nice area, especially for us country bumpkin types.

Haliburton is what we consider in Toronto "up north".  That's cottage country for us.  If you are OK with tough winters you'd be fine.

lot's of good fishing, hunting and fresh air.  I've caught a lot of nice fish up that way.  Lied about the size of every single one of them :)
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 10:56 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: i'm in a condo so i can't have all of you over at once but we can definitely have a get together at the Brass Rail.

Just need a place to hide out for 4 years. The wife and I will be quiet. Only request is that you let us watch Hockey Night and eat Kraft Dinner.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 04:12 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Haliburton is what we consider in Toronto "up north".  That's cottage country for us.  If you are OK with tough winters you'd be fine.

lot's of good fishing, hunting and fresh air.  I've caught a lot of nice fish up that way.  Lied about the size of every single one of them :)

Yeah, I got that impression. I know they said it has not been unheard of to have 3ft on the ground at this time of year. I also experienced snow on 04 July while canoeing across a lake in the area.

But that's my kind of area. I want lots of snow and cold. Lakes with plenty of fish and lots of good hunting. I would spend much more time up there if I could.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 12:57 AM)packerbacker Wrote: In the next year or two to a warm climate. I am looking at Arizona right now. The long brutal Wisconsin winters has me convinced it's time to move and 2 of my best friends moved out of state. I really need a change as well. You guys ever felt this way?

That's what happened to me. Got tired of the winters and looked for jobs in Arizona and Florida. Good Luck man:

If you are interested in Florida let me know. I can help.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 08:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Just need a place to hide out for 4 years. The wife and I will be quiet. Only request is that you let us watch Hockey Night and eat Kraft Dinner.

you gotta pay the mac'n cheese tax.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 02:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you gotta pay the mac'n cheese tax.

A small price to pay.  Not sure how I feel about all that Ann Murray, winter eleven months a year and having to eat mayonnaise on everything.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 07:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: A small price to pay.  Not sure how I feel about all that Ann Murray, winter eleven months a year and having to eat mayonnaise on everything.  

hit
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 10:23 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: hit

1970 agrees.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote