Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landslide Incoming
(11-09-2016, 03:38 AM)Millhouse Wrote: If Trump does indeed win which is very real at the moment (looking at you Michigan and Wisconsin in taking your sweet *** time in counting votes), this will be similar to Dewey losing back in '48 when it seemed almost guaranteed he wouldnt.

Yeah its game over at this point. I don't see Trump losing Pennsylvania, which pretty much guarantees he'll win.

It's funny I was texting one of my buddies way earlier before Florida fell to Trump and I told him that if Trump wins Florida then Clinton will lose the election. Looks like I wasn't wrong.
Hey America, thanks for doing your bit to ensure that us Brits don't win the "who did the stupidest thing this year" award.

I don't think anyone outside the USA will understand how you allowed Trump to win, or why anyone thinks he'll be a good president, but that's ok. Democracy, Democracy, Democracy!
Trump didn't win because people didn't like Hillary more. Trump won because people from just center left on right feared a far left Supreme Court.

No one, including myself, thought Trump would win the election. Everyone that came out to vote did so to keep the Senate in Republican control to stop Hillary from nominating far left Supreme Court Justices.

They went to the polls not for Trump but for their Senator and Representitives.

That's what I think anyway.
(11-09-2016, 04:39 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Hey America, thanks for doing your bit to ensure that us Brits don't win the "who did the stupidest thing this year" award.

I don't think anyone outside the USA will understand how you allowed Trump to win, or why anyone thinks he'll be a good president, but that's ok.  Democracy, Democracy, Democracy!

We genuinely don't give a complete shit what other countries think of us.  Stick to ***** your own things up and kindly bugger off.  Thank you.
Praise God that Trump won! I'm proud to be an American
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
The New Yorker had this to say, and frankly it represents how I feel about it all: http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/an-american-tragedy-donald-trump
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(11-09-2016, 02:27 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: lol....Canada's immigration site just crashed

Nah.  Just a bunch of blowhards who won't live up to their public pronouncements.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

I'm not religious, but I might pray for women, Latinos, Muslims, gays, lesbians, trans, the disabled, and every other group mocked, attacked, and told that their rights would be slashed by our new President elect.

This will go down as a blemish on our history, particularly at a time of great progress in protecting the rights of all citizens. Sexism and racism are truly alive and vibrant in working class America and I just hope that the 53% of the country that did not vote for him will find a unified voice in 2 and then 4 years.

I'm going to head into work and reassure my black, Latino, female, LGBT, disabled, and Muslim students that their lives do matter in America. That the vile things this man has promised to do to them or condoned against them will not come true.

I've never been ashamed of this country before. Until today.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-09-2016, 07:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not religious, but I might pray for women, Latinos, Muslims, gays, lesbians, trans, the disabled, and every other group mocked, attacked, and told that their rights would be slashed by our new President elect.

This will go down as a blemish on our history, particularly at a time of great progress in protecting the rights of all citizens. Sexism and racism are truly alive and vibrant in working class America and I just hope that the 53% of the country that did not vote for him will find a unified voice in 2 and then 4 years.

I'm going to head into work and reassure my black, Latino, female, LGBT, disabled, and Muslim students that their lives do matter in America and that the vile things the corruption media, ruling class, George Soros and Correct the Record says Trump will  do to them or condoned against them will not come true.

I've never been ashamed of this country before. Until today.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Thank you Donald Trump for keeping the lowlife pathological liar and her crooked cronies out of the White House. Now, Killary, Slick Willie and the idiot daughter can slither away and ponder how they lost to the worst candidate ever. America dodged a bullet.

Tough day to be a Democrat. I love it. Rep's have the WH and both houses. Life is good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

There's no point pretending he hasn't said these things anymore. He's President elect. Despite Hillary projected to win the popular vote by over 1% once California is fully reported, he will be President. 

We do not have to pretend like he didn't call for a ban on Muslim, hasn't announced his intention to roll back executive orders protecting LGBT federal workers, hasn't voice a desire to end gay marriage, and hasn't suggested women who get abortions should be punished. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-09-2016, 08:59 AM)McC Wrote: Thank you Donald Trump for keeping the lowlife pathological liar and her crooked cronies out of the White House.  Now, Killary, Slick Willie and the idiot daughter can slither away and ponder how they lost to the worst candidate ever.  America dodged a bullet.

Tough day to be a Democrat.  I love it.  Rep's have the WH and both houses.  Life is good.

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-09-2016, 09:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's no point pretending he hasn't said these things anymore. He's President elect. Despite Hillary projected to win the popular vote by over 1% once California is fully reported, he will be President. 

We do not have to pretend like he didn't call for a ban on Muslim, hasn't announced his intention to roll back executive orders protecting LGBT federal workers, hasn't voice a desire to end gay marriage, and hasn't suggested women who get abortions should be punished. 

HE probably won't do any of those things...he'll just sign the bills flowing from the legislative branch that will spend four years rolling everything back they can with virtually no resistance except maybe the SC.

Remember, Trump allowed people to use bathrooms in his buildings based on sexual identity.  
This is a direct result of SJW's, Safe Spaces, BLM, ect..
People who had been changing from their outdated ways were still getting beat down, told they were still racist, they had white privilege, hit with the bathroom saga, ect...
Trump was a knee-jerk reaction to never being good enough, never being accepted, and treated as they were accused of treating of treating others.
They decided that if they were going to be continually labeled the bad guy, they'd put that shoe on and kick someone in the ass.
That's what I've ascertained, during my stumping for Johnson.

The Deplorables thing really resonated.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(11-09-2016, 09:29 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: This is a direct result of SJW's, Safe Spaces, BLM, ect..
People who had been changing from their outdated ways were still getting beat down, told they were still racist, they had white privilege, hit with the bathroom saga, ect...
Trump was a knee-jerk reaction to never being good enough, never being accepted, and treated as they were accused of treating of treating others.
They decided that if they were going to be continually labeled the bad guy, they'd put that shoe on and kick someone in the ass.
That's what I've ascertained, during my stumping for Johnson.

The Deplorables thing really resonated.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

So you're saying Trump was the safe place for people who didn't like that "others" were getting the same rights as them?
(11-09-2016, 10:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: So you're saying Trump was the safe place for people who didn't like that "others" were getting the same rights as them?
Pretty ironic..don'cha think ?

It's like raaain....

Ok, I'll stop.

My poor Johnson sign was surrounded by like 30+ Trump signs, on my block.
It got vandalized.
Sad
(11-09-2016, 10:05 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: My poor Johnson sign was surrounded by like 30+ Trump signs, on my block.
It got vandalized.
Sad

Honestly, I think people will look back and see that it was actually Gary Johnson that really determined this election. Maybe it was the hate for both candidates that made a 3rd party candidate an appealing option, but if you look at every swing state outside of Ohio his vote total could have moved it to the other side. Maybe any option could have had that impact on this election, but it will be the analysis of Gary Johnson's impact on the election going forward that will be really interesting.
(11-09-2016, 05:18 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Trump didn't win because people didn't like Hillary more. Trump won because people from just center left on right feared a far left Supreme Court.

No one, including myself, thought Trump would win the election. Everyone that came out to vote did so to keep the Senate in Republican control to stop Hillary from nominating far left Supreme Court Justices.

They went to the polls not for Trump but for their Senator and Representitives.

That's what I think anyway.

You know what would've prevented a far-left SCOTUS? Confirming the ***** current nominee.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-09-2016, 10:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, I think people will look back and see that it was actually Gary Johnson that really determined this election. Maybe it was the hate for both candidates that made a 3rd party candidate an appealing option, but if you look at every swing state outside of Ohio his vote total could have moved it to the other side. Maybe any option could have had that impact on this election, but it will be the analysis of Gary Johnson's impact on the election going forward that will be really interesting.
The majority of the people on all the Libertarian sites I've frequented state that were they not voting for Gary, they'd stay home.

The few that said otherwise we're fairly even, in choosing Dem/Rep.
There was a slight edge towards Rep.

So, I don't think you could count the LP percentages towards swaying that much.

I can also say that 7/8 of the people that I converted were disgusted with both candidates.
I converted well over 100, with my "Come to Gary" meetings.
(11-09-2016, 10:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know what would've prevented a far-left SCOTUS? Confirming the ***** current nominee.

Hilarious Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.