Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap’s official pick Is in..
Where can I find the podcasts. I checked Bengals.com but latest one is from the 23rd. says its part 1
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:43 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Where can I find the podcasts. I checked Bengals.com but latest one is from the 23rd. says its part 1
Search for 'Bengals Booth' in your podcast app or Google it. I think there is a stream from the site.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:50 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Search for 'Bengals Booth' in your podcast app or Google it. I think there is a stream from the site.

Cheers mate, I will give it a try
Reply/Quote
Makes sense. It would be a great start to the draft, though I'd started favoring Daniels. I don't think we could go wrong with any of the top 3-4 centers this year
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:34 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Meh, Dave dameshek used his platform to take shots. He’s a clown.

Yeah I have no idea why they have him making the bengals choice.
Reply/Quote
This could be the perfect storm for a trade. They've been linked to Hernandez, Miller, and now the two centers in the 1st. I'm only doing one mock total when I get time tomorrow with a trade back with New England. NE jumps 10 slots for Jackson, 63 to Cincy, 112 to NE. Bengals still get their guy Ragnow there or worst case Price.
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with Ragnow. However, he's been skyrocketing up the boards, and I can see someone jumping us for him. The Panthers are rumored to love him and they're at 24. The Cowboys and Lions have been mentioned as popular trade down teams, who happen to be right in front of us. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Frank the Tank!  Go get him, Bengals!

How about "Frank (dont piss her off because she is on the) Ragnow?
Reply/Quote
Remember, Lap and Hoard get to view the draft board, so it sounds like we have Ragnow ranked high. The question is, do we have Ragnow as the #1 center or are we expecting James Daniels to be gone?

Some draft analysts have mentioned that Daniels believes he won't fall past Cincinnati. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:15 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Remember, Lap and Hoard get to view the draft board, so it sounds like we have Ragnow ranked high. The question is, do we have Ragnow as the #1 center or are we expecting James Daniels to be gone?

Some draft analysts have mentioned that Daniels believes he won't fall past Cincinnati. 

If I'm the Bengals, I stop allowing them to view the board after so many years of telegraphing the pick lol. So many man hours and so much work goes into ranking these players for this fanchise that's worth nearly a billion dollars...it's just weird to me. 

Anyhow, I really hope that this one comes to fruition. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry man, really excited too. So excited i don't want to expect Ragnow. Just sounds too good to be true.

First i wanted Price, then i studied on Daniels and still wanted Price, then i studied on Ragnow and he is the best Center.

I am expecting a McGlinchey pick to dim my lights. Nothing against McGlinchey but he struggled against elite competition.

Ragnow excelled against elite competition. Handled Bama's big uglies for multiple years.

good to hear board members rate him.

don't get me wrong I want a Center early but not seen his name at all on all the various mock drafts on nfl.com ...plenty of interior guys like hernandez, wynn, price, daniels but not seen him so hope its not last minute hype pushing him up!

I had a look at his games .vs. Alabama, Auburn and was not blown away to be honest - was thinking we would maybe go Price.

also I still believe if they go back to BPA philosophy that a defensive stud may slip to them on the night at #21.....if so is there a massive difference between ragnow and say the 3rd C who probably is available in rd2?
Reply/Quote
I am....uncomfortable with the idea that we are taking a super late riser (Ragnow was projected to be a 2nd/3rd round pick like...3 weeks ago)...
I want to be excited for it very badly. But it just feels wrong.
I've been grappling with this since it was initially stated that he has risen to first round status.
I loved the idea of taking him in the 2nd round.
But in the first round it feels like a reach.
I guess time will tell.
If the entire NFL is following the hype train then you gotta spend premium draft picks if you want to invest in the hype, I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am....uncomfortable with the idea that we are taking a super late riser (Ragnow was projected to be a 2nd/3rd round pick like...3 weeks ago)...
I've been grappling with this since it was initially stated that he has risen to first round status.
I guess time will tell.
If the entire NFL is following the hype train then you gotta spend premium draft picks if you want to invest in the hype, I suppose.

I know what you mean....however Pollack is helping choose this guy rather than PA.  from 2013 when he was assistant/coach of the OL,  first 2 OL picks  since he joined were Frederick and Zack Martin.

if they love him and rate him way ahead of the others then go for it...my slight question is at #21 a top 10 -15 player will drop - if so and ragnow is on a par with another couple of interior guys do you still go C in rd1???
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am....uncomfortable with the idea that we are taking a super late riser (Ragnow was projected to be a 2nd/3rd round pick like...3 weeks ago)...
I guess time will tell.

The reason for his sudden rise is because after not being ready to go at the combine, he performed very well at his Pro Day.  Before his ankle injury, he was generally considered the best Center in CFB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 05:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I guess he thinks McGlinchey will be gone by 21 but I would be thrilled with Ragnow and they can grab Crosby OT in round two.  

I dont think Baltimore is going to let him get past them.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:04 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: How about "Frank (dont piss her off because she is on the) Ragnow?

I hate all the forced nickname crap that goes on on this board, but this one is classic and made me spit coffee on my computer.....
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 04:58 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: And it's Frank Ragnow.

I would be very happy....don't bother trading back and risk losing him.  Hold your water and get the LB or safety with the 2nd round pick.  

I will say that it won't be Ragnow if McGlinchey is there.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:50 AM)sonofstat Wrote: I know what you mean....however Pollack is helping choose this guy rather than PA.  from 2013 when he was assistant/coach of the OL,  first 2 OL picks  since he joined were Frederick and Zack Martin.

if they love him and rate him way ahead of the others then go for it...my slight question is at #21 a top 10 -15 player will drop - if so and ragnow is on a par with another couple of interior guys do you still go C in rd1???

That's what I'd really be latching on to if he's our pick. If Frank Pollack chose him, then he likes him, so I should like him. But the hype still bothers me.
We'll have to see who drops to our pick before we make that decision but if the likes of Derwin James or Roquan Smith drops to 21, I hope they'd take him over Ragnow. But who knows at this point. The draft can get crazy.

(04-25-2018, 07:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The reason for his sudden rise is because after not being ready to go at the combine, he performed very well at his Pro Day.  Before his ankle injury, he was generally considered the best Center in CFB.

I mean, PFF certainly loves him and did love him before his pro day. But I don't trust PFF at all when it comes to evaluating college players because they go by their numbers alone and ignore everything else. They recently posted a mock draft (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBVYhPqnV0) that has Maurice Hurst in the top 5, Barkley falling to 10 and a bunch of other really bizarre choices that really make me feel like their evaluations can't be trusted with respect to a player's ability to translate college football success to NFL success.

Other than PFF I haven't really found any site that considered him the best center in CFB.

The vast majority of scouting reports I've found have called him "Good not great"
https://nflmocks.com/2017/12/15/frank-ragnow-c-arkansas-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report/
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018positionreviewC.php
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/frank-ragnow?id=32462018-0002-5598-2498-7d09b5e02409

In the concerns section they don't even really mention his injury. More his average athleticism and various pieces of technique that he must improve.

If those were the main concerns, then it makes sense that a good pro day would give him legitimacy in higher rounds, but I also don't really love the idea of drafting players based on their pro days.

But I'm just 1 person. If everyone else is excited for it, then maybe I'm just missing something. I just hope this isn't a hype pick that we'll end up regretting once he gets into the trenches and his weaknesses become problems along our offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The reason for his sudden rise is because after not being ready to go at the combine, he performed very well at his Pro Day.  Before his ankle injury, he was generally considered the best Center in CFB.

??  so is he injured now...had not heard this.

thought this was maybe why price might drop because of his combine injury.

if we draft a C we need them available throughout camp as theyre likely to be day  1 starter
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 05:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ragnow

Price is #2.  

On he and dan’s podcast.

He is gushing over him

On his dream scenario.  McGlinchy and Daniels 21 and 46.

Derwin James is his guy to watch if he falls.   He is this years Eifert

I have no clue about any off-the-field issues with Derwin James, but he doesn't have the most impressive interview.  He was, however, the highest rated defensive player in the two seasons he was healthy in college as rated by PFF.  He is going to be a star in this league.  I would love to have him and get the center in Rd 2.  
Reply/Quote