Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap's training camp report
Asked who stands out, he lists the usual suspects..... Gio, Eifert, Mixon, and offensive lineman Josh Tupeau (sp). When talking about the weapons Andy will have this year, does not mention Hill once.... things that make you go hmmmmm.....

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Training-Camp-Report-728/1330075a-f8dd-4d9a-9fbd-f0a4c84562bd
Reply/Quote
Hill isn't going anywhere .

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Asked who stands out, he lists the usual suspects..... Gio, Eifert, Mixon, and offensive lineman Josh Tupeau (sp). When talking about the weapons Andy will have this year, does not mention Hill once.... things that make you go hmmmmm.....

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Training-Camp-Report-728/1330075a-f8dd-4d9a-9fbd-f0a4c84562bd

Most likely didn't mention Hill because there are no questions (injury/rookie) surrounding him. Most likely why he did not mention LaFell or Boyd,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Josh Topou is a d-lineman, a 350lb block eating wall. I'd love to see him make the team as Billings back-up.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely didn't mention Hill because there are no questions (injury/rookie) surrounding him. Most likely why he did not mention LaFell or Boyd,

Hill is the question. Mixon is already showing just what i thought. He is way beyond Hill already.

Gio and Mixon look great. No reason to talk about the meh Hill.

(07-29-2017, 12:21 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Josh Topou is a d-lineman, a 350lb block eating wall. I'd love to see him make the team as Billings back-up.

Got down to 335, might be able to take that spot from Glasgow yah never know.

We all know that Topou is a great run stopper, just would like to see a touch of a pass rush from the big man.

Sounds like a better Peko to me, one trick pony which is why i am hoping either Topou or Glasgow show more than just stopping the run.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:31 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Hill isn't going anywhere .

Exactly, call him 0 yard Hill from now on...
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 12:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, call him 0 yard Hill from now on...

He'll have the most Tds by rbs this year . I expect a bounce back .

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 12:48 PM)jeremydc Wrote: He'll have the most Tds by rbs this year . I expect a bounce back .

He is good at getting into the endzone, i will give him that.

Too bad he doesn't run like that on the rest of the field.
Reply/Quote
Hill is going to get a schooling from Mixon on the way it should be done.

Reply/Quote
Meh .... I don't see it this year .

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:01 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Meh .... I don't see it this year .

Jeremeh Mellow
Reply/Quote
I'm critical of the staff not putting the best players on the field. Mixon is the future . I just don't see it this year

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jeremeh Mellow

I say we call him V6.  Cuz he's rolling in his 3.0 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 12:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hill is the question. Mixon is already showing just what i thought. He is way beyond Hill already.

Gio and Mixon look great. No reason to talk about the meh Hill.

This is just not true. In 3 years Jeremy Hill has averaged 1075 yards from scrimmage per year. He has carried at over 4 YPC and averaged 10 TDs per year. He was vilified for the fumble in the '15 playoff game (fighting for yards), so what does he do? He practices carrying a 3lb ball so the gameball will feel "like an egg". The result: 241 touches in 2016 and not once did he put the ball on the ground.

Folks need to stop questioning Hill just because they like Mixon. Mixon has proved absolutely nothing in the NFL, while Hill has proven to be a productive rusher with a nose for the endzone.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just not true. In 3 years Jeremy Hill has averaged 1075 yards from scrimmage per year. He has carried at over 4 YPC and averaged 10 TDs per year. He was vilified for the fumble in the '15 playoff game (fighting for yards), so what does he do? He practices carrying a 3lb ball so the gameball will feel "like an egg". The result: 241 touches in 2016 and not once did he put the ball on the ground.

Folks need to stop questioning Hill just because they like Mixon. Mixon has proved absolutely nothing in the NFL, while Hill has proven to be a productive rusher with a nose for the endzone.

Whatever Bfine, Hill has fell off a cliff since his rookie season while trying to be a scatback.

I loved Hill then, i was wanting him to get more snaps after that, but when a player falls off, i call them out.

He is good at getting in the Endzone when he has his mindset right. Go down Hill.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I say we call him V6.  Cuz he's rolling in his 3.0 

Pretty funny. I've just been calling him Nil Hill or Zil Hill.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whatever Bfine, Hill has fell off a cliff since his rookie season while trying to be a scatback.

I loved Hill then, i was wanting him to get more snaps after that, but when a player falls off, i call them out.

He is good at getting in the Endzone when he has his mindset right. Go down Hill.
The better player will win out, eventually. I say eventually because that's not always the immediate case with Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:08 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I'm critical of the staff not putting the best players on the field. Mixon is the future . I just don't see it this year

They did not draft this guy to sit on the bench.  He will play from day one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whatever Bfine, Hill has fell off a cliff since his rookie season while trying to be a scatback.

I am hopeful in your line of work you always progress and never regress too.

I just don't understand why fans don't root for every player to be successful. If the rookie Mixon is better so be it, but hope he is better than a very good Hill than a very bad Hill because on the bad side being better than not good is not necessarily good or great at all.

I want all of our guys to improve year by year, if they get beat out it just means we are better than the year before.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 02:09 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The better player will win out, eventually. I say eventually because that's not always the immediate case with Marvin.

Thats true, but Boyd started at Slot last year as a rookie. Mixon is the better player.

(07-29-2017, 02:35 PM)McC Wrote: They did not draft this guy to sit on the bench.  He will play from day one.

Exactly.
Reply/Quote