Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham final prediction
(04-26-2016, 06:24 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Collinsworth has been all up ND nuts since his kid went there

Exactly. That's the reason I take his mocks with a grain of salt. He mocks ND players wherever he can.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Lapham has correctly picked the last 4 1st round selections. He just said he thinks we go Will Fuller. He indicated the Bengals like Doctson and Coleman also but thinks they will be gone. Really hope someone takes Fuller before us after hearing that.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I know I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind this one bit. I liked MLJ but he doesn't have will fuller speed. Fullers speed alone opens up so much of the field. Think our martavis Bryant with way more upside and minus the pot.

Reply/Quote
Ugh I hope one of those WR comes through.

Fuller will be ok until Eifert goes down to injury. If that happens fuller gets exposed for what he is ....
Reply/Quote
Well here it is! Fuller!

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/27/11521670/dave-lapham-predicts-bengals-will-select-will-fuller-with-24th

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 06:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I know I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind this one bit. I liked MLJ but he doesn't have will fuller speed. Fullers speed alone opens up so much of the field. Think our martavis Bryant with way more upside and minus the pot.

The speed is great and all and if Big Ben was our QB and we could utilize that speed more then I could understand it but that isn't what Dalton excels at which is fine but don't draft guys that doesn't play to his strengths. He needs someone with good hands, leaping ability, and a good catch radius in my opinion. Why I like Treadwell, Doctson, and even Michael Thomas. Coleman is the shiftier guy that also has some issues with his hands but has a thicker build and has more ability to catch a short pass and take it to the house while Fuller is more of a straight go route type guy.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Where did lap say his picks? Is there a link?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 06:55 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: The speed is great and all and if Big Ben was our QB and we could utilize that speed more then I could understand it but that isn't what Dalton excels at which is fine but don't draft guys that doesn't play to his strengths. He needs someone with good hands, leaping ability, and a good catch radius in my opinion. Why I like Treadwell, Doctson, and even Michael Thomas. Coleman is the shiftier guy that also has some issues with his hands but has a thicker build and has more ability to catch a short pass and take it to the house while Fuller is more of a straight go route type guy.

I got ya. I honestly prefer treadwell Doctson or Coleman at 24. If they want Thomas (another I'd be ok with), I think they should trade back and then take him. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be that upset if will fullers name is called at 24 tomorrow night. Dynamic play making ability.

Now if you think you can get a sterling shepherd in rd 2 then you look at the DT's or that C at 24. Lots of directions they can go and in my opinion, barring a bust, can't really go wrong.

Also, didn't Dalton excel at most everything last season?

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where did lap say his picks? Is there a link?

Bengals homepage. Podcast
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bengals homepage. Podcast

Thanks . Didn't know hoard and lap had a podcast.    
Reply/Quote
Fuller's hands are terrible but his speed rocks. I'm torn on this one. I really don't like taking a guy this early that has serious drop issues but as Collinsturd stated if he can just catch one out of two deep balls thrown his way per game he could be an asset.

Officially on the fence and getting splinters!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:47 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Fuller's hands are terrible but his speed rocks. I'm torn on this one. I really don't like taking a guy this early that has serious drop issues but as Collinsturd stated if he can just catch one out of two deep balls thrown his way per game he could be an asset.

Officially on the fence and getting splinters!

I really feel you on this....  Exactly where I am ...   
Reply/Quote
With all the other talent that is bound to be available on the defensive side of the ball, as well as no doubt the top rated centre, Fuller at 24 has me wondering why take the risk? I'd much rather take a guy in the second. I see the logic that the talent pool is far more shallow at WR but, I don't know, like many have said here, it wouldn't be horrible, but doesn't quite feel right.

Reply/Quote
I'll take it. You can't coach that kind of speed. There are drills to improve concentration and hand-eye coordination.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'll take it. You can't coach that kind of speed. There are drills to improve concentration and hand-eye coordination.

Those drills only work, when the guy has great hands, to begin with...  He's never had an NFL corner swiping the ball from him..  Mmmmm, bust!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those drills only work, when the guy has great hands, to begin with...  He's never had an NFL corner swiping the ball from him..  Mmmmm, bust!

The more I think about it the more I kind of like it. He will stretch the field. Spread the defense out. More room to work for Eifert and AJ and Kroft and Gio. Slip up and he is getting deep on you no doubt.

That is if the Bengals can get past the baby hands. Because those scare the hell out of me.
Reply/Quote
Man... Just measured my hands. 8.25" which is the same as Fuller. I'm 5'5" he is 6'
Aint making any spectacular one handed grabs with those hands.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:26 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The more I think about it the more I kind of like it. He will stretch the field. Spread the defense out. More room to work for Eifert and AJ and Kroft and Gio. Slip up and he is getting deep on you no doubt.

That is if the Bengals can get past the baby hands. Because those scare the hell out of me.

Guys without good hands, that are sent on pass routes, have a name.  They are called "decoys", by defenders...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didn't realize Lap picked Dennard and Ced. Is this true? Nobody thought Dennard would be there for us and Ced was a big surprise. I know he nailed Eifert and Dre was one of the more common picks for us that year.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those drills only work, when the guy has great hands, to begin with...  He's never had an NFL corner swiping the ball from him..  Mmmmm, bust!

I'm expecting most of his catches happening when he's wide open.  3rec 130yds 1td 1drop.
Reply/Quote