Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham final prediction
Lapham has correctly picked the last 4 1st round selections. He just said he thinks we go Will Fuller. He indicated the Bengals like Doctson and Coleman also but thinks they will be gone. Really hope someone takes Fuller before us after hearing that.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I just can't see any way the draft would fall that would leave Fuller as the BPA on our board... So if we do draft him, they are boldface lying about their draft techniques and drafting BPA.
Reply/Quote
What's everyone's issue with Fuller? Not familiar with him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I listened to it as well. Sounds like they like Docston and Coleman more, but also are a fan of Fuller.

I, for one, am not a fan of Fuller. Doesn't play to the skillset of Dalton, and a limited route tree.

Then again, could say the same with Coleman, but he showed more versatility and had more receptions
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Can we get another "Lapham final prediction" thread? There aren't enough.Ninja

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What's everyone's issue with Fuller?  Not familiar with him.

He's just a deep threat.

708 of his 1,258 yards came with balls going 20+ yards down the field. Caught 60% of those passes, but also dropped 4 deep passes. Giving him a drop rate of 19.2%

Fuller also only caught 55% of passes thrown his way on intermediate routes (10-19 yards). For comparison, Shephard, Thomas, and Docston all had above a 75% catch rate in that field.

Will Fuller has a drop rate of 13.8%. He caught 62 passes but also dropped 10.

As for contested catches, there were 28 contested catches in his area. He caught 11 of them. Giving him only a 39.8% catch percentage. Shepherd, Thomas, Treadwell, and Docston all had a 50% or higher

Another thing about his hands issue, 4 of his 10 drops were on 3rd down.

He's not reliable and very reminiscient of Ginn Jr.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:25 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Can we get another "Lapham final prediction" thread? There aren't enough.Ninja

Yeah I made duplicate threads on accident when posting through my phone. Sorry. Mods, please feel free to merge.
Reply/Quote
No worries, just busting yer chops.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He's just a deep threat.

708 of his 1,258 yards came with balls going 20+ yards down the field. Caught 60% of those passes, but also dropped 4 deep passes. Giving him a drop rate of 19.2%

Fuller also only caught 55% of passes thrown his way on intermediate routes (10-19 yards). For comparison, Shephard, Thomas, and Docston all had above a 75% catch rate in that field.

Will Fuller has a drop rate of 13.8%. He caught 62 passes but also dropped 10.

As for contested catches, there were 28 contested catches in his area. He caught 11 of them. Giving him only a 39.8% catch percentage. Shepherd, Thomas, Treadwell, and Docston all had a 50% or higher

Another thing about his hands issue, 4 of his 10 drops were on 3rd down.

He's not reliable and very reminiscient of Ginn Jr.

Thank you.  I was wracking my brain, trying to remember which thread I read that info..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thank you.  I was wracking my brain, trying to remember which thread I read that info..

No problem. I made a whole article about the wide receivers and such on Stripe Hype that included a lot of the top receivers.

Reply/Quote
I hate this guy and dread the fact we would draft him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
At this point he's a victim of a false draft projection for me. I hate him as a 1st round prospect but love him as a day 2 pick. Passing on real first round DL talent for him will be a mistake in my opinion and is why I'm very much against the pick. 

The Texans may've have screwed us on the field plenty of times, but this time they can help us.
Reply/Quote
Mike Mayock agrees and his mock draft has us taking Fuller. I wonder if that's a lock or proof that its not happening. The fan in me says look for the 2-3 round guy no-one has heard of and we will take him and he will pan out great. I.E Zietler maybe OSU WR?
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Zeitler was projected a lot to go in the first, mostly to the Ravens. The only thing was Decastro was projected top 15 and fell so it was a shock we didn't take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 10:38 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Zeitler was projected a lot to go in the first, mostly to the Ravens. The only thing was Decastro was projected top 15 and fell so it was a shock we didn't take him.

Dude, stop posting from your phone..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 10:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, stop posting from your phone..

My phone apparently hates me on these message boards.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 07:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What's everyone's issue with Fuller?  Not familiar with him.

It's mainly just how one dimensional he is.

He runs deep routes and that's basically it.

He also doesn't have great hands, so he's going to drop some passes.

When it comes to a first round pick, most people want more than a 1 route pony. Especially one who may not even catch the ball in the 1 or 2 deep balls he gets per game.

That said, I wouldn't hate Fuller. He would add a dimension to the offense that we don't currently have. And we have the overall team depth necessary to make a luxury type pick like this.

I do worry though because the two closest things there are to Fuller in the NFL, in my mind, are Ted Ginn Jr and Mike Wallace.

Would you trade a first round pick for either of those guys in their prime? It's definitely debatable.

Especially since Dalton does not have the cannon that Roethlisberger has.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 09:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's mainly just how one dimensional he is.

He runs deep routes and that's basically it.

He also doesn't have great hands, so he's going to drop some passes.

When it comes to a first round pick, most people want more than a 1 route pony. Especially one who may not even catch the ball in the 1 or 2 deep balls he gets per game.

That said, I wouldn't hate Fuller. He would add a dimension to the offense that we don't currently have. And we have the overall team depth necessary to make a luxury type pick like this.

I do worry though because the two closest things there are to Fuller in the NFL, in my mind, are Ted Ginn Jr and Mike Wallace.

Would you trade a first round pick for either of those guys in their prime? It's definitely debatable.

Especially since Dalton does not have the cannon that Roethlisberger has.

The way I read this is as follows- the bengals cover a wide reciever and have them ranked the same. The logic is they will take one but depends on who is there. If Doctson or Coleman is there they will be the pick.

That is my takeaway anyway.
Reply/Quote
Fuller? Really? The Bengals didn't even do an official visit with him even though he's only a few hours drive from Cincinnati. They did attend Notre Dame's pro day but there's no indication they spent time with him or met with him other than doing due diligence. By contrast in that same article it talks about how they had a private workout with Vernon Butler who is another first round possibility. The team also met with a bunch of other possible first round picks.

I'm just not seeing a team that's acting interested in Fuller. My guess is if Doctson and maybe Treadwell are off the board the team goes DL.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:09 AM)WrongVerb Wrote: Fuller? Really?  The Bengals didn't even do an official visit with him even though he's only a few hours drive from Cincinnati. They did attend Notre Dame's pro day but there's no indication they spent time with him or met with him other than doing due diligence. By contrast in that same article it talks about how they had a private workout with Vernon Butler who is another first round possibility. The team also met with a bunch of other possible first round picks.

I'm just not seeing a team that's acting interested in Fuller. My guess is if Doctson and maybe Treadwell are off the board the team goes DL.

I guarantee the team met with lots of players we don't know about. It's not like their is an official list
Reply/Quote