Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham interview with Jim Turner
(06-30-2020, 10:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would any team want to take on 2 years at almost 7 mil total? That’s way too much for a “project” which is what Price is at this point.

Unless the coach that wanted him in the draft still wants him. Pollack is coaching the Jets line now.

I don't think we will be trading him. Turner likes him and said he's the line's 6th man and would be the first guy off the bench for the three interior spots.
Reply/Quote
I undertsand that a lot of people are confident that a bunch of our O-linemen are suddenly going to be good this year, but the truth is we mostly have a bunch of wishes and question marks.

i am not saying that Price will be a good player this year, but we are WAY TOO thin at O-line to be getting rid of anyone.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 10:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would any team want to take on 2 years at almost 7 mil total? That’s way too much for a “project” which is what Price is at this point.

It wouldn`t be 7mil because the Bengals would have already paid a portion of that as a signing bonus. It would be 3.5 mil over 2 years in base salary. The Bengals would be on the hook for 1.6mil dead cap in 2020 and 2021.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I undertsand that a lot of people are confident that a bunch of our O-linemen are suddenly going to be good this year, but the truth is we mostly have a bunch of wishes and question marks.

i am not saying that Price will be a good player this year, but we are WAY TOO thin at O-line to be getting rid of anyone.

This.  If you dunp Price, your only realistic backup C option is Jordan and it would likely stunt his growth having to focus on 2 different spots.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I undertsand that a lot of people are confident that a bunch of our O-linemen are suddenly going to be good this year, but the truth is we mostly have a bunch of wishes and question marks.

I agree with Fred here.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 09:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Price may be a great trade candidate to dump his salary. I would take a 2023 round 7 pick.

Probably not a smart move.. we lack depth already on a young line.. he is still only in his 3rd year... hopefully with a full health and two years under Turner and adjusting to playing both center and guard.. he will serve either as a backup or improve to gain a guard starting job  this year.  
Reply/Quote
One of my concerns of the oline is that it'almost void of a true vet who has played at real high level or a playoff game
I think XSF has played in a playoff game.
That's it. I hope a real leader can emerge from the group and
Be the glue that holds them together
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 09:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, I am assuming John Jerry, John Miller, and Andre Smith won't be getting Christmas Cards from Turner?  

Not sure which guy or how many guys it was could of only been one guy and Cordy Glenn could of been the guy as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 03:17 PM)impactplaya Wrote: One of my concerns of the oline is that it'almost  void of a true vet who has played at real high level or a playoff game

We got to give this guy some rep and props for making a sentence that went all the way across the screen. I have noticed two posts recently that has happened.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 03:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Not sure which guy or how many guys it was could of only been one guy and Cordy Glenn could of been the guy as well.

Forgot about Big Old Cordy...Is he playing anywhere?  I think you probably nailed it. 
Reply/Quote
I agree with Boss, I do not like Turner.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 10:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would any team want to take on 2 years at almost 7 mil total? That’s way too much for a “project” which is what Price is at this point.

Well said.
Reply/Quote
Billy Price's cap hit this year is about 3.2m. Trading or cutting him would raise (not lower) that to 3.3m, meaning it costs us 100k in cap space to get rid of him. 100k is negligible, but as others have said it aint gonna happen this year.

In 2021 the situation is different. His cap hit is 3.7M, but trading him brings it down to 1.65m. So there would be incentive for us to do it. The question still remains, why would anybody give anything up for him? They probably wouldn't, but it's not impossible. We once got a late 5 for Keith Rivers, who was also looking like a bust at the time and who played a non-premium position. It depends on how Billy plays this year. If he shows improvement, somebody else who had a high grade on him coming out, and who maybe thinks we just spoiled him somehow, could possibly cough up a day 3 pick. That's if he shows improvement, of course.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 03:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Forgot about Big Old Cordy...Is he playing anywhere?  I think you probably nailed it. 

Cordy Glenn remains unsigned. To be fair, right now there are still plenty of decent players who aren't signed. But in Glenn's case, I'm sure he's not getting glowing letters of recommendation from us. 

I bet somebody who has a desperate situation at OT due to injuries brings him in at the minimum salary, but his career is probably in its last gasping breaths. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 10:02 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Cordy Glenn remains unsigned. To be fair, right now there are still plenty of decent players who aren't signed. But in Glenn's case, I'm sure he's not getting glowing letters of recommendation from us. 

I bet somebody who has a desperate situation at OT due to injuries brings him in at the minimum salary, but his career is probably in its last gasping breaths. 

I got the impression that Glenn really does not care a lot about playing in the NFL.  He has more than enough money to live very well the rest of his life.  

I bet he never plays again.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 03:17 PM)impactplaya Wrote: One of my concerns of the oline is that it'almost  void of a true vet who has played at real high level or a playoff game

You could say that for about everyone on the offense.. AJ and Uzomah.. we have no one i believe that is starting that has in a playoff game.. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 11:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I got the impression that Glenn really does not care a lot about playing in the NFL.  He has more than enough money to live very well the rest of his life.  

I bet he never plays again.

Possibly. For all we know his concussion was actually really bad and it (understandably) scared the bejeezus out of him. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 12:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: This.  If you dunp Price, your only realistic backup C option is Jordan and it would likely stunt his growth having to focus on 2 different spots.

Doesn't that also apply to Ohio State for moving around both Price and Jordan? Perhaps if they let both of those guys stay at one spot, both would be better right now in the NFL.

I must say, I haven't been impressed with OSU OL in quite some time. Their best positions when it comes to good NFL talent are DE, CB, and WR recently.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2020, 12:16 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Possibly. For all we know his concussion was actually really bad and it (understandably) scared the bejeezus out of him. 

There were some rumors that the local beat guys mentioned, that Glenn was actually pissed about being moved to guard. Usually players unite together, but apparently most of the team were ticked with Glenn because they knew the concussion was overblown.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
One of the big takeaways from the interview, for me personally, was when Turner mentioned that they had a 2nd round grade on Hakeem Adeniji. I know they had 1st round grades on Burrow and Higgins. Does this mean they had 1st or 2nd round grades on Wilson, ADG, and Kareem? Or did they seriously not have OL as that big of a need?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote