Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham on WRs
(03-13-2016, 04:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure which team that you have been watching, but I see it a bit differently.  Sanu was a contributor from day 1, as Jay Gruden integrated Sanu's many talents into plays that contribute to the team.  Weather it be simply catching the ball, or throwing TDs, or running reverses or even taking snaps as a Wildcat QB, Sanu made his contributions from his rookie year on.  The only knock  that I have on him is that he got a case of the drops, when he was thrust into the WR1 role, when AJ and MLJ were both injured in 2014.

As for MLJ, how can you say that it took two years for him to be helpful?  As a rookie, he had 10 TDs.  The man has blazing speed, can take the top off of a defense.  He was out his second year.  Not his fault that he was used as a decoy for most of his time here.

Shawn Williams, on the other hand, you may have a point with.  I had high expectations when we took him.  He has been slow to develop, but isn't that the Mantra of this team?  Draft and develop, they'll all be great players if not forced into service sooner than necessary.

It's crazy how rookie status works for the Bengals. McCarron got 2 years of it, Marvin Jones apparently got 2 years of it, Kirkpatrick got 4 years of it.   Ninja Ninja Ninja

Just giving you a hard time Sunset, lol, I'll just assume that was an honest mistake because you're normally more on top of it than that. That said, it DOES help prove my point when his rookie season was so forgettable that you thought his second year was his rookie season. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 11:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's crazy how rookie status works for the Bengals. McCarron got 2 years of it, Marvin Jones apparently got 2 years of it, Kirkpatrick got 4 years of it.   Ninja Ninja Ninja

Just giving you a hard time Sunset, lol, I'll just assume that was an honest mistake because you're normally more on top of it than that. That said, it DOES help prove my point when his rookie season was so forgettable that you thought his second year was his rookie season. Lol

That actually crossed my mind. I think he just forgot about his rookie season. Easy to understand why.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote