Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's 1st Round Prediction
(04-26-2023, 11:25 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I worry for Emanuel Forbes when having to defend the run, and George Pickens is going right for him

He’s dirty and his calling card is hitting hard when run blocking

Why does Forbes have to be on Pickens?
Could CTB not be put on Pickens instead, and Forbes on Diontae Johnson?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:48 PM)pulses Wrote: Julius Brents is definitely starting calibur and he has a 2nd round grade.

About the only thing I don't like about Brents is his long speed.
Everything else is pretty great.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 07:17 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Lap made is 1st round prediction on the Bengals Booth Podcast with Dan Hoard.

He made all the caveats that they may not be there at 28, but his pick was Emmanuel Forbes. If Forbes isn't there, his prediction is Lukas Van Ness. Hoard's pick is Kelee Ringo.

Have the same prediction of Forbes myself. Would love Van Ness as a fallback pick. Hopefully Hoard is way off, no to Ringo in 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: About the only thing I don't like about Brents is his long speed.
Everything else is pretty great.

Brents needs to work on his tackling...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:14 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If we go CB in round one, they better draft 3 CBs total!!!  If not, I'm going be really pissed off. If they are going to F us in round one, they better be damn sure and cover their ass! Cough, MTFN COUGH, William Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be livid!!
 This is a prime example of why one shouldn't post when already upset about something else and several fingers deep in Makers...  Hilarious

(04-26-2023, 08:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Really?  Leon Hall...Jonathon. Joseph....Darwuez Dennard...the Bengals have drafted very well over the years with CBs on general.  You must be a young fan.
 Leon and JJ weren't terrible, but Dennard never really amounted to much. You forgot Kirkpatrick. I wish that I were a younger fan. Sadly, I've been at sea with this ship for decades. It's a "part of the ship, part of the crew," thing.

(04-26-2023, 10:01 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Why? It’s all about BPA at 28 and Forbes gives the defense something they really haven’t had, aggressiveness and play recognition resulting in interceptions. Forbes would be a great selection. They aren’t drafting WJax types
 I understand the CB situation. I think that Apple and Flowers are still in play for Cincy. Both CB and TE are as deep in this draft as they have been in 20 years. That said, none of the CBs in this draft look like box office first rounders to me. Not a Prime, Peterson, Revis, or Riley in the bunch. Remind me please, what round was Riley drafted in? CTB seems to be coming along nicely and I do have faith in this staff, so if they think they have their dude I will live with it. Again ts, I think they can find "that dude" in rounds 2-4. What round was CTB drafted in?  I forget because I'm so young.  LMAO

(04-26-2023, 10:18 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't get the logic behind this post.  We don't have any HUGE needs on this team right now.  IF the draft shakes out like most of the mocks that have been out there, almost every OT and Edge worth taking will be off the board.  TE isn't a major need and even if it is - theres a good chance that Kincaid and Mayer are gone.

So - what do you want them to do?

We have Awuzie coming off an injury and CTB on the outside.  That's it.  If one of them is hurt for a stretch, we have some issues.

I feel you on the CB situation. It's nice to be able to go BPA. Ts, please see above. As for the TE situation, it's much deeper than just Mayer and Kincaid. You know this! If Mayer or Washinton are there it would be hard to pass on them. Another train of thought here is to grab a young TE in RDs 2-5 and trying to grab a guy like Bowers in next year's draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 08:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Really?  Leon Hall...Jonathon. Joseph....Darwuez Dennard...the Bengals have drafted very well over the years with CBs on general.  You must be a young fan.

I agree, it's safety they've struggled to draft..... I trust their eye for corners even if Dennard didn't work out. That said I would hate a Ringo pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
People knocking Forbes for his size are acting like the guy couldnt put on 10 - 15 lbs in a couple months with an NFL strength coach. It isn't that hard when its literally your job. Not worried about his size whatsoever.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 08:23 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Makes sense to go CB, I don’t think there is going to be a starting caliber CB in the second unless they want to gamble on the Utah CB to be there. Would rather have Ringo.

He's only 5'9, so if Forbes, and Ringo are gone I say we go TE or best OL.   I'm thinking Safety in R2 Antonio Johnson or Jordan Battle.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brents needs to work on his tackling...

Brents tackling is still pretty solid I agree about his long speed but I think he can make it work.....not to mention his RAS was 9.99 as well.
Reply/Quote
Ringo and Musgrave the 2 guys that would make me drink more if we draft them..ugh
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 05:47 PM)RancidJedi Wrote: Ringo and Musgrave the 2 guys that would make me drink more if we draft them..ugh

Well, at least with Ringo, he's likely looking at being a rotational player this year as Awuzie and CTB should be the boundary starters.  I kinda say the same about Musgrave, as he would likely rotate in with Smith as the season wore on.  However, if injury were to strike Smith again, Musgrave could see more time than we would like for a Rookie needing blocking development.

I mean, I would be less than thrilled with either of those guys in the first, as well.  However, without any glaring needs at any starting position, the draft really is pretty much wide open at the top for the Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:06 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: I can see why some don’t like Ringo - but I wouldn’t say he gets burned. At a minimum he is going to dominate as a CB2 with playmaker traits. Reminds me of a faster Patrick Surtain jr. who is considered a good nfl player.

Forbes could be really interesting though, just not as high of floor.

I think that is fair. For me  though, we don't need CB2. CTB has a lock on it. While it is true you can never have enough, I want a guy who is a starter in Rd1 if I can. A real difference maker. 

I think Forbes qualifies. Even if he might not play every down. If I cannot get my difference maker at CB at 28, I will look for one elsewhere (Wright, Kancey, Murphy, Van Ness, N. Smith, Robinson, JSN, Flowers). 

I can get CB depth later. Rd2: Brents, Stevenson, maybe Ringo. I like guys like Moss, Trice, Bennett, & Williams even later. 
Reply/Quote
I have other desires, but would be thrilled if either Forbes or Van Ness is there and would be happy to draft either.

Forbes has never had a problem tackling and has not been injured while playing top competition. And he's a play maker.

I do not think either player will be there. Nor will Mayer, Kinkaid or Wright. I hope we don't reach on a corner. I'm not a big fan of Ringo. I'd rather have Cam Smith than him.

We'll see. But if either of those two are there I will be jumping for joy.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 03:48 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote:  

I understand the CB situation. I think that Apple and Flowers are still in play for Cincy. Both CB and TE are as deep in this draft as they have been in 20 years. That said, none of the CBs in this draft look like box office first rounders to me. Not a Prime, Peterson, Revis, or Riley in the bunch. Remind me please, what round was Riley drafted in? CTB seems to be coming along nicely and I do have faith in this staff, so if they think they have their dude I will live with it. Again ts, I think they can find "that dude" in rounds 2-4. What round was CTB drafted in?  I forget because I'm so young.  LMAO

They do need a corner. Awuzie is coming off a knee injury and in his last year of his contract. They are picking at the end of the round where most players have second round grades, so unless Robinson or Mayer are there they don’t get to pick a real premium player. The likelihood of a corner becoming a quality starter in the first is much higher than other rounds. It’s either they have it or they don’t. Forbes has ball skills. He played in the SEC and has the numbers to back up tge talent he had. The best conference in college, not the Sunbelt. What other player you want? Reaching for OT is a bad idea, but getting the guy from Maryland us a possibility in the 2nd. I think he’s a good fit at RT. But what would you like that’s an actual possibility
Reply/Quote
Folks love CTB, but he really wasn't that good at playing football last year. I'd love to have Forbes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Darquez Dennard was a bust

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 09:17 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They do need a corner. Awuzie is coming off a knee injury and in his last year of his contract. They are picking at the end of the round where most players have second round grades, so unless Robinson or Mayer are there they don’t get to pick a real premium player. The likelihood of a corner becoming a quality starter in the first is much higher than other rounds. It’s either they have it or they don’t. Forbes has ball skills. He played in the SEC and has the numbers to back up tge talent he had. The best conference in college, not the Sunbelt. What other player you want? Reaching for OT is a bad idea, but getting the guy from Maryland us a possibility in the 2nd. I think he’s a good fit at RT. But what would you like that’s an actual possibility

(04-26-2023, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks love CTB, but he really wasn't that good at playing football last year. I'd love to have Forbes

Forbes has a knack for being around the football. That's not debatable. He needs to bulk up, a lot. He would probably be fine in spot duty to begin his career, but if injuries force him to be a starter early on, I would be concerned. Ts, I'm not going to lose it if it is Forbes, but he's gonna have to start sucking down a pile of Skyline every day. 

I would gladly take Gibbs in the first and Porter in the second. A monster weapon as they ease Mixon out and a DB with an NFL pedigree. I would just like to see them get JB some kind of lightning....Gibbs early or Spears later would make me smile a lot.

As previously mentioned by several, the good news is that they do have options at 28, so fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
I'd be thrilled to have Forbes, but his name skyrocketing up on media draft boards. I'd be thrilled if he makes it 28, but I fear it'll be similar to the Frank Ragnow situation.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Can someone show me film of Ringo playing poorly? I don't get the hate. Maybe I'm completely wrong which I have been in the past. But he seems to have very good speed + coverage, just has to attack the ball better. I can see him shutting down in the slot but still do well in the boundary - Emmanuel probably has better ceiling against WR1 though.

Also Dennard was somewhat of a bust but he was a position of need and slid in the draft - I remember him being talked of being taken much higher.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 01:07 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd be thrilled to have Forbes, but his name skyrocketing up on media draft boards. I'd be thrilled if he makes it 28, but I fear it'll be similar to the Frank Ragnow situation.

I think he will go before the 20th pick.
Reply/Quote