Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts
(01-02-2020, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And nothing.

If you don't get my point then ask someone who can read what it means.

You only see it as AJ's a great guy who would not do this because it would cost him money  . I think he didn't want to risk getting injured again and   take the chance of getting no contract instead of a lower valued one. He was getting paid this year so there was little incentive to return. He chose to rest on his reputation and see what teams want him. I still say if he returns to the Bengals then they are his highest bidder but won't pay Julio money.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And nothing.

If you don't get my point then ask someone who can read what it means.

WhoDey2 I got your point and agreed with you. Why do you have to be such an ass? you don't even know me... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:31 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I got your point and agreed with you. Why do you have to be such an ass? you don't even know me... 

Sorry, I had no idea what yuour post meant?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:20 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  He was getting paid this year so there was little incentive to return. He chose to rest on his reputation and see what teams want him.

He had EVERY INCENTIVE to return.  His "reputation" right now is a player who can not stay healthy or recover from injury.  The WORST thing a player can do in a contract year is get injured and have complications in his recovery.

You can't be this clueless.  You are just trolling.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 11:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He had EVERY INCENTIVE to return.  His "reputation" right now is a player who can not stay healthy or recover from injury.  The WORST thing a player can do in a contract year is get injured and have complications in his recovery.

You can't be this clueless.  You are just trolling.

Disagree. If he played this season on an ankle that was 90% and reinjured it, he would pretty much be done. Letting it fully heal, then getting into shape, his "reputation" may be that he was injured, but all it takes is a workout to show he's fully recovered and teams will be clamoring for him. It's not as if he had some horrendous injury like Bridgewater, he just tore the ligaments in his ankle.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Disagree. If he played this season on an ankle that was 90% and reinjured it, he would pretty much be done. Letting it fully heal, then getting into shape, his "reputation" may be that he was injured, but all it takes is a workout to show he's fully recovered and teams will be clamoring for him. It's not as if he had some horrendous injury like Bridgewater.

It is not so much the injury as the fact that he could not recover.  Last year he injured his toe in October, but when he tried to come back in December he injured it again.  The this year he was injured in July and was supposed to be back in the first half of the season, but he never properly recovered.

So looking good in one workout will not convince anyone that he is fully recovered.  In fact it was said that he looked good in pre-game workouts this year, but was so sore and swollen afterwards that he could not return to play.
Reply/Quote