Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham thinks Cappa is done for the season
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Well he had a good run if he is done for the season. Not sure we will be the same team w/o him honestly but it is what it is
Reply/Quote
And just like that, the Bengals are running out a trash right side of the OL for another postseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ouch, that one is going to sting.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
if it makes anyone feel better, Scharping has been a batter pass blocker throughout his career than Cappa

and, this one is just my opinion, but I think Adeniji should be a better pass blocker than Collins was.

but no doubt the run blocking isnt what it used to be
Reply/Quote
It hurts. We lost 2/3 of the FA OL signings.
Reply/Quote
Pretty unlucky to lose two big pieces of our line in a 2.25 game span.
New England and Baltimore are both tough defensive lines to play against up front.

Atleast the players behind them have the experience of last year plus the additional coaching and mentorship from coaches/vets.
We got to the SuperBowl with a worse line than we have now.
But it definitely is a huge blow.

The last time the Packers won the Super Bowl they had a lot more players on IR. It was something crazy I don't want to say the wrong stat.
It's made me optimistic--but it's not easy losing your starting corner, right guard and right tackle when they are all very good players.
Reply/Quote
It obviously sucks as Cappa was far and away our best OL, but we still have a better RG in Scharping than the one we made it to the Super Bowl with last season. Now the biggest question is how will Adeniji hold up at RT.

Reply/Quote
Bummer but Burrow is also getting the ball out quicker this year.... will definitely be more passing plays going forward.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Sharping was a starter for 3 years in Houston. He's not terrible. You don't start for 3 years if you are that bad.

Losing Cappa sucks. But Sharping is our best reserve lineman.

The issue now is if anyone else gets hurt, we're screwed.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: And just like that, the Bengals are running out a trash right side of the OL for another postseason.
And still in a much better position than last year
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 01:39 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Sharping was a starter for 3 years in Houston. He's not terrible. You don't start for 3 years if you are that bad.

Losing Cappa sucks. But Sharping is our best reserve lineman.

The issue now is if anyone else gets hurt, we're screwed.

[Image: x79gygnmnp4ocb9ru23l.jpg]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Also you have to remember that Lap doesn't have the inside connections that he used to have. This is pure speculation from him on what he's seen. I'll keep hoping, maybe just in time for the Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
Sharping practiced against DJ Reader in his rookie season.
He practiced against JJ Watt for most of his his first two seasons.

He shouldn't be intimidated by anyone he'll be facing in the playoffs.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:33 PM)Trademark Wrote:

That's what the Ravens wanted to do in that game. Take out a key player for Bengals. I truly hope that the Bengals beat the living $#!+ out of Baltimore...and eff up one of their people in the process. 
Reply/Quote
If Lap's take was correct (and remember that in the ZT era he no longer has inside access) the Bengals would already have put Cappa on IR and elevated or signed someone. The fact that he was on a scooter and the foot/leg is not immobilized indicates a sprain. The reality is these "journalists" are speculating and anything they say should be treated as guesswork because the team has said very little.
Reply/Quote
Cappa played through a broken leg for a few drives at Tampa so he is as tough as they come. If he CAN play he will but im not holding my breath. If it is just a sprain however I won't be surprised if he wraps it shoots it and gets in there as soon as Divisional game if we make it there.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
He was our best O-linemen, but I have heard good things about Sharping. Also, I saw some clips on Adeniji and he appears to be doing much better at tackle than he did at guard at least pass blocking. So our right side still may be a lot better than it was last year.
Reply/Quote
Did I miss something? Why would people assume Lap lost his inside connections when Zac took over. He is still as tight as it gets with Mike and Katie. He is still the radio announcer. I suspect he still has his fingers on the pulse of what goes on inside PBS.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:51 AM)Joelist Wrote: If Lap's take was correct (and remember that in the ZT era he no longer has inside access) the Bengals would already have put Cappa on IR and elevated or signed someone. The fact that he was on a scooter and the foot/leg is not immobilized indicates a sprain. The reality is these "journalists" are speculating and anything they say should be treated as guesswork because the team has said very little.

I agree with your points. I think it is obvious that Lap is speculating regarding availability throughout the playoffs. Indeed, he says "no way in my mind." 
Reply/Quote