Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham thinks NFL will suspend Jones
Dave Lapham, who has been a Bengals broadcaster for more than 30 years, thinks the NFL could suspend Bengals cornerback Adam Jones after video surfaced last week of a profanity-laden altercation Jones posted to social media after a car crash. That's on the heels of Jones, 33, being charged with assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing official business.

Lapham also talked about the NFL Draft and wasn't surprised by the Bengals drafting a wide receiver in John Ross in the first round last month.

https://art19.com/shows/the-andy-furman-podcast/episodes/64d6b7ad-782d-405a-8ba8-110552201d73

I wish they would just release Jones.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 11:47 PM)Trademark Wrote: Dave Lapham, who has been a Bengals broadcaster for more than 30 years, thinks the NFL could suspend Bengals cornerback Adam Jones after video surfaced last week of a profanity-laden altercation Jones posted to social media after a car crash. That's on the heels of Jones, 33, being charged with assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing official business.

Lapham also talked about the NFL Draft and wasn't surprised by the Bengals drafting a wide receiver in John Ross in the first round last month.

https://art19.com/shows/the-andy-furman-podcast/episodes/64d6b7ad-782d-405a-8ba8-110552201d73

I'm confused. Are you saying he says the Bengals will suspend Jones or the NFL will suspend him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The NFL will suspend him, the Bengals should cut him... But, of course, they won't  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Pac msay get one or two games.

If he does get a large suspension then the Bengals may release him.
Reply/Quote
He should get a suspension, and hopefully WJIII takes his job and never looks back. Bengals will be Bengals and give him chance #3,276.

I am really excited to see WJIII this year. I know almost no one comes in and lights it up at CB, but if he can smooth out the rough edges early in the season, I think his phenomenal ball-hawking skills will take over by the end of the regular season. Jones should be relegated to nickel CB in rotating with Shaw.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope not.

Reply/Quote
Dave can be spot on with his predictions.....

Ross, Eifert, and some other predictions he was spot on with. I can definitely see PAC-MAN missing a few games. He does have a pretty extension history, hopefully that doesn't make it worse. On the bright side, this may force Jackson III into a role that allows him to shine. We could have a star buried behind Jones??

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 01:14 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Dave can be spot on with his predictions.....

Ross, Eifert, and some other predictions he was spot on with. I can definitely see PAC-MAN missing a few games. He does have a pretty extension history, hopefully that doesn't make it worse. On the bright side, this may force Jackson III into a role that allows him to shine. We could have a star buried behind Jones??

You're right about Dave. He's usually pretty accurate. Would be AMAZING if he became a contributor on these boards like Jim.

Mods, get on that ok? Cool

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 01:14 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Dave can be spot on with his predictions.....

Ross, Eifert, and some other predictions he was spot on with.  I can definitely see PAC-MAN missing a few games.  He does have a pretty  extension history, hopefully that doesn't make it worse. On the bright side, this may force Jackson III into a role that allows him to shine. We could have a star buried behind Jones??

Regarding Dave, is it really a "prediction" if he is in the know?

Also, I believe WJIII should see significant playing time regardless of Pacman. However, Marv (or perhaps Mike) seem to be more in favor of the mantra "he who is paid the most, plays the most". Time will tell 
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 01:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Regarding Dave, is it really a "prediction" if he is in the know?

Also, I believe WJIII should see significant playing time regardless of Pacman. However, Marv (or perhaps Mike) seem to be more in favor of the mantra "he who is paid the most, plays the most". Time will tell 

Good Lord, your right. I wish they could erase their memories of the contracts during the season and play the most productive, ass kickin players at their respective positions. Damn I hate that with a passion.

Reply/Quote
I think Lap is correct.

BTW, why in the hell would Pacman post that on social media?

Doesn't he know it makes him look like a jackass?
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Lap is correct.

No, he doesn't. That's why he keeps doing what he does and there are no consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 03:01 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: No, he doesn't. That's why he keeps doing what he does and there are no consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does seem to sit on a throne much higher than us little people. Yet, I don't give a damn about all that drama. Just play ball.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Lap is correct.

Pac can pretty much do what he wants. Marv and Mike have his back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 04:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Pac can pretty much do what he wants. Marv and Mike have his back.

When a guy says, "Do you know who I am?" that pretty much says it all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 04:16 PM)McC Wrote: When a guy says, "Do you know who I am?" that pretty much says it all.

Agreed. 31 other teams would've cut him, but Mike Brown is heavily invested from an emotional standpoint with Pacman. I think he'd give Pacman a pass on anything just short of killing a person.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 10:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He should get a suspension, and hopefully WJIII takes his job and never looks back.  Bengals will be Bengals and give him chance #3,276.

I am really excited to see WJIII this year.  I know almost no one comes in and lights it up at CB, but if he can smooth out the rough edges early in the season, I think his phenomenal ball-hawking skills will take over by the end of the regular season.  Jones should be relegated to nickel CB in rotating with Shaw.

If Jackson can tackle, then he is miles ahead of our 2 starters.....
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 03:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He does seem to sit on a throne much higher than us little people. Yet, I don't give a damn about all that drama. Just play ball.

[Image: HZ_mTD.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 11:47 PM)Trademark Wrote: Dave Lapham, who has been a Bengals broadcaster for more than 30 years, thinks the NFL could suspend Bengals cornerback Adam Jones after video surfaced last week of a profanity-laden altercation Jones posted to social media after a car crash. That's on the heels of Jones, 33, being charged with assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing official business.

Lapham believes it will be a 2-4 game suspension.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Lapham believes it will be a 2-4 game suspension.

I would guess 4, too bad it's not 16.
Reply/Quote