Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Largest come back road win in Bengals history
I am thinking the 2004 game at Baltimore.

Down 20-3. Come back to win 27-26.
Reply/Quote
Vikings at Bengals '95.

Overcame a 21 point deficit.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 09:36 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Vikings at Bengals '95.

Overcame a 21 point deficit.

He did say road comeback win..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think you may be right on that Raven's game. As much as I hate Palmer now, that was his coming out party against the Rats and he was their nemesis for a long time. He didn't fare well against the steelers, but he owned the ratbirds. I remember going out of my skull when Marvin punted on fourth down in the fourth quarter (i think, or either late in the 3rd) and the rats fumbled the punt and the Bengals started the comeback.

I was at that Vikings game in 1995. I was so starved for any victory that I thought it was one of the greatest moments in Bengal's history. Man, did the 90s suck. Aside from Blake to Pickens, that era was a total bust.

One of the frustrating elements of the rookie wage scale is that teams get out of bad 1st round selections when previously, the team that made a bad pick (and there was some luck involved here), they were financially screwed for a long time. The Bengals got KILLED by the likes of Klingler, Ki-jana, Reinard Wilson, and Akili Smith, but teams that suck on their first rounders now are not killed for several years. It figures that the Bengals become adept (and, actually, one of the best) at drafting once the penalty for a bad first rounder is greatly reduced.
Reply/Quote
1996 at Baltimore the Bengals came back from 21-3 down.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 09:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He did say road comeback win..

I really should read the whole title next time.

Ah well.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote