Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Largest crowd ever at PBS this Sunday?
Could we see the largest crowd ever for a Bengals regular season game at PBS this Sunday?

Largest PBS crowd ever was 66,188 on October 28th, 2007 against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 11:44 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Could we see the largest crowd ever for a Bengals regular season game at PBS this Sunday?

Anything is possible but it will be hard to top the Pitt crowd.  Squealer fans come out in droves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure why it would be any bigger than any other sell out we've had since the stadium opened, I don't think any new seats have been added to the stadium? Just took a quick look at last year's Steelers game, we had a sell out too at 65,512. NFL counts attendance by tickets sold, so once you get up to the sell out status it all is just a matter of how many comps were given out.
Reply/Quote
3 good buddies and myself will be doing our part loud and proud in the Jungle.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 11:44 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Could we see the largest crowd ever for a Bengals regular season game at PBS this Sunday?

My guess is no as the club seats from 30 to 30 yard lines don't count towards the sell out (expensive) and they seem to never be sold out (lots of empty seats in those areas) even though we have a sell out.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 01:49 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: Not sure why it would be any bigger than any other sell out we've had since the stadium opened, I don't think any new seats have been added to the stadium?  Just took a quick look at last year's Steelers game, we had a sell out too at 65,512.  NFL counts attendance by tickets sold, so once you get up to the sell out status it all is just a matter of how many comps were given out.

Also as I just mentioned, the expensive club seats don't count towards a sell out so if they are sold, more people in attendance.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 01:49 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: Not sure why it would be any bigger than any other sell out we've had since the stadium opened, I don't think any new seats have been added to the stadium?  Just took a quick look at last year's Steelers game, we had a sell out too at 65,512.  NFL counts attendance by tickets sold, so once you get up to the sell out status it all is just a matter of how many comps were given out.

well Seahawks are bring something we have not seen at PBS.. last two years in super bowl.. could be a 2x champ easy .. and with Bengals looking to go 5-0.. i just think the vibe might push us towards a record
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 02:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My guess is no as the club seats from 30 to 30 yard lines don't count towards the sell out (expensive) and they seem to never be sold out (lots of empty seats in those areas) even though we have a sell out.

as ive stated before.. club seats you can;t judge,, since people stay inside and watch game, especially those with kids.. and corporate buys them and they don;t come to every game.. 

It is a sell out also.. because you can buy indiv. club seats for games but this game they are gone on the Bengal website.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 01:48 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Anything is possible but it will be hard to top the Pitt crowd.  Squealer fans come out in droves.

funny... you said that.. i remember two years ago.. Steelers did not sell out all of their games.. so their fan base last few years has went down.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 02:58 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: funny... you said that.. i remember two years ago.. Steelers did not sell out all of their games.. so their fan base last few years has went down.

They have a waiting list for Season tickets. I think that says enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 02:55 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: well Seahawks are bring something we have not seen at PBS.. last two years in super bowl.. could be a 2x champ easy .. and with Bengals looking to go 5-0.. i just think the vibe might push us towards a record

Oh, I'm not saying it isn't a big game, I just don't see how this game (or any other game against any other team) is going to push the seat count up any higher once it is already a sellout.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 04:45 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: Oh, I'm not saying it isn't a big game, I just don't see how this game (or any other game against any other team) is going to push the seat count up any higher once it is already a sellout.

Well there is Sell Out Status (non club seats etc...)...... And then there is Every Seat has a butt in it SELL OUT
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 02:57 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: as ive stated before.. club seats you can;t judge,, since people stay inside and watch game, especially those with kids.. and corporate buys them and they don;t come to every game.. 

It is a sell out also.. because you can buy indiv. club seats for games but this game they are gone on the Bengal website.

Trust me, I have been inside the club section many times during games and the people inside does not come close to the empty seats.

The seats I am speaking everyone can see them (not behind glass) and are empty from 30 yard line to 30 yard line while game is going on. Why would these seats be more empty than the rest of the club seats if not for not being sold?

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 05:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trust me, I have been inside the club section many times during games and the people inside does not come close to the empty seats.

The seats I am speaking everyone can see them (not behind glass) and are empty from 30 yard line to 30 yard line while game is going on. Why would these seats be more empty than the rest of the club seats if not for not being sold?

You mean the BOX seats behind the glass.... Those are club seats between the 30s i believe. which also have an indoor dining area buffets and TVs with all games showing.

Why people pay to go to the stadium and watch on TV though i have no idea
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 06:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You mean the BOX seats  behind the glass....   Those are club seats between the 30s i believe.  which also have an indoor dining area buffets and TVs with all games showing.  

Why people pay to go to the stadium and watch on TV though i have no idea

cuz dumb? lol 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 03:54 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: They have a waiting list for Season tickets. I think that says enough.

nope.. i bought tickets right off their steeler website.. so they do not have a full sell out of game via season tickets.. sorry but they don't and maybe you forget they almost did not sell out a playoff game.. so a bit of a overreach on the Steelers and fan base
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 05:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trust me, I have been inside the club section many times during games and the people inside does not come close to the empty seats.

well ive been in those seats.. here is the deal.. you buy club you can watch game in or outside..also many of those seats are corporate and they don;t always use the seats.. bottom line.. they are sold out for this weekend and that includes club seats.. there might be a handful etc available but they are gone pretty much.... or you could still buy them on bengals site.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 06:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why people pay to go to the stadium and watch on TV though i have no idea

Guessing for the same reason that people come to the games and stare at their phones the whole time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
To answer the OP, no.
Reply/Quote
Kudos to a rockin crowd yesterday.. even when we looked doomed,, the crowd was in the game the whole time... and for sure helped the team in the 4th quarter
Reply/Quote