Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry, Curly, and Moe
Cue the circus music...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
They did a good job blocking each other.
Reply/Quote
Another one...watch Volson on this (67) - knocks Karras over and misses the combo block. Cue more clown music.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They did a good job blocking each other.

One guy took out 3 OL on the same team. That's stuff you just can't teach. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Cue the circus music...

At least they were under center and weren't in 11 personnel.  That should make folks happy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: At least they were under center.  That should make folks happy.

Maybe this is why they don't do it as much as those folks want. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: At least they were under center.  That should make folks happy.

Sad
Reply/Quote
Jonah just needed to step right chip the 4i and climb to the LB then its just Mixon vs the safety going down the sideline. Ted Tarras did a good job of getting to the mike.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Cue the circus music...

I was thinking more along the lines of Benny Hill lol 
Reply/Quote
Larry, Curly, and Moe may be an upgrade.... Embarrassing for not only vets, but any oline week 11 of a season. Imagine opposing dline watching Bengals Oline in the meeting room... Comedy hour for sure.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ring Leader= Frank Pollack leading the pack!

Franks motto? "Create a hole for running backs? You're lucky if my schemes create cracks."
Reply/Quote
Nope. All on Mixon.

Ninja

Seriously, I have said before, Mixon is mediocre, but the run blocking of this O-line sometimes is just poop. Conspiracy theory is they must hate Mixon to not block at all. I see often, this year, where defender are in the backfield before the RB gets one step. The shotgun runs don't help, either. Oh, and those dumb ass toss plays Always hate those. No matter the running back.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Im just gonna say this, yes, Pollack has to go, and I think this line has problems. BUT

Mixon 2021: 4.1ypc
Perine 2021: 4.5ypc

Mixon 2022: 3.9ypc
Perine 2022: 4.1ypc

Mixon just isnt good. A better RB would help

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:08 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ring Leader= Frank Pollack leading the pack!

Franks motto? "Create a hole for running backs? You're lucky if my schemes create cracks."

lol
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:29 PM)Destro Wrote: Nope. All on Mixon.

Ninja

Seriously, I have said before, Mixon is mediocre, but the run blocking of this O-line sometimes is just poop.

Agreed, but also I think mediocre is occasionally too kind for Mixon. This thread shows some real shitshow blocking (I am going to assume it was Jonah's fault, same with simply not blocking Twatt at all. 

This year Mixon has a career low in yards after contact per carry, and the highest yards before contact per carry since 2018. So he's doing less with more, and also took a step back in pass catching.

I think we just replace Pollack, Volson, Jonah, find a new C so you can move Karras to LG where he's better, find a new RB coach, and start completely over in the RB room. Just go scorched earth on the run game and hope something nicer and better grows from the ashes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im just gonna say this, yes, Pollack has to go, and I think this line has problems. BUT

Mixon 2021: 4.1ypc
Perine 2021: 4.5ypc

Mixon 2022: 3.9ypc
Perine 2022: 4.1ypc

Mixon just isnt good. A better RB would help

Yep - fire Pollack and find a more competent, cheaper RB. I think you need to do both this off-season. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 04:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Agreed, but also I think mediocre is occasionally too kind for Mixon. This thread shows some real shitshow blocking (I am going to assume it was Jonah's fault, same with simply not blocking Twatt at all. 

This year Mixon has a career low in yards after contact per carry, and the highest yards before contact per carry since 2018. So he's doing less with more, and also took a step back in pass catching.

I think we just replace Pollack, Volson, Jonah, find a new C so you can move Karras to LG where he's better, find a new RB coach, and start completely over in the RB room. Just go scorched earth on the run game and hope something nicer and better grows from the ashes.

Yeah, Mixon is also getting to run down as a starting RB. Crazy when you look and see he is 27. The league in general has devalued the position. Next year he will get replaced. Problem is, who knows what the 5 people in front of the new RB will be able to do. More of the same will likely give us more of the same. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: One guy took out 3 OL on the same team. That's stuff you just can't teach. 

Pollack can.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 09:32 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, Mixon is also getting to run down as a starting RB. Crazy when you look and see he is 27. The league in general has devalued the position. Next year he will get replaced. Problem is, who knows what the 5 people in front of the new RB will be able to do. More of the same will likely give us more of the same. 

If he was in Miami? Rockstar!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 09:32 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, Mixon is also getting to run down as a starting RB. Crazy when you look and see he is 27. The league in general has devalued the position. Next year he will get replaced. Problem is, who knows what the 5 people in front of the new RB will be able to do. More of the same will likely give us more of the same. 

It's a young man's position, just look at the previous league leaders in rushing the last 15 years...

2008 Adrian Peterson (age 23 season)
2009 Chris Johnson (age 24 season)
2010 Arian Foster (age 24 season)
2011 Maurice Jones-Drew (age 26 season)
2012 Adrian Peterson (age 27 season)
2013 LeSean McCoy (age 25 season)
2014 DeMarco Murray (age 26 season)
2015 Adrian Peterson (age 30 season)
2016 Ezekiel Elliott (age 21 season)
2017 Kareem Hunt (age 22 season)
2018 Ezekiel Elliott (age 23 season)
2019 Derrick Henry (age 25 season)
2020 Derrick Henry (age 26 season)
2021 Jonathan Taylor (age 22 season)
2022 Josh Jacobs (age 24 season)

All guys in their age 26 season or younger plus Adrian Peterson.

I think once LBs stopped being 250-260lb goliaths (due to having to cover pass catching TEs and RBs) they became quicker in short term acceleration and the DE position became an athlete position of guys who are running 4.5s, RBs aren't really able to lose a step anymore and still be great because everyone on defense is just too quick and fast now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote