Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry O still a free agent - Fails physical
Depending on what's wrong, we may be able to bring him back cheap:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reed better hurry up and sign if he's still around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Feel horrible for him. I wonder if they'll offer the same contract they are considering with Jarran Reed.

**Edit - Curious if it could lead to some locker room issues with Hill getting the big contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:53 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Feel horrible for him. I wonder if they'll offer the same contract they are considering with Jarran Reed.

**Edit - Curious if it could lead to some locker room issues with Hill getting the big contract.

I doubt it. Larry O left for a bigger contract than what Hill was offered. So if there were any locker room issues it would be irrational.
Reply/Quote
I wonder what the issue could be? Maybe not recovered from the foot injury yet?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder what the issue could be?  Maybe not recovered from the foot injury yet?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/18/bears-wont-sign-larry-ogunjobi-due-to-failed-physical/
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder what the issue could be?  Maybe not recovered from the foot injury yet?

That was my thought. 

More like the Bears are thinking they overpaid and now want a way out. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reed better hurry up and sign if he's still around.

id wait till he can actually pass the physical
Reply/Quote
Eagles released Fletcher Cox today.
Reply/Quote
I'd offer him a respectful 1 year deal and have give him some incentive to play lights out for a contract next year. He had a great year for us and I hated to see him go. I'd rather have him here than Tupu.
Reply/Quote
It just depends on what the actual injury is. If it's something that will heal, and just needs more time, I'd offer him a low ball deal knowing he will only play half the season. That way he still makes money, gets time to heal, and we get him fresh for the playoff push.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Eagles released Fletcher Cox today.

They re-signed him back
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Depending on what's wrong, we may be able to bring him back cheap:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He had surgery for a Lisfranc injury.  If he needed surgery his was of the more severe nature.  He should be able to come back from it, but it might take awhile.
Reply/Quote
I hate it for him. He made good on a prove-it deal only to have injury ruin his chances of a deal. if nobody sees fit to give him a shot, I wouldn't be upset to see him take another crack at it here on a 1-year deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:48 AM)samhain Wrote: I hate it for him.  He made good on a prove-it deal only to have injury ruin his chances of a deal.  if nobody sees fit to give him a shot, I wouldn't be upset to see him take another crack at it here on a 1-year deal.

Larry O  was arguably my fave FA from last season....would be great to get him back assuming he can play?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 11:34 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Larry O  was arguably my fave FA from last season....would be great to get him back assuming he can play?

Absolutely! People sometimes forget about team chemistry being important and the 2021 Bengals had lots of it. Larry Ogunjobi was a big part of this chemistry on defense and I can see him in a rotational role especially when games get tight in the fourth quarter and the Bengals need a stop.
Reply/Quote
Keep the band together.

Those guys wreaked havoc last season, and Ossai is returning to the mix as well.

Don't let the offensive line improvements cause the dline to get holes in it.
Reply/Quote
I liked Larry O, but this team needs to get a young DT for the line on a rookie deal. We are fine with:

DE- Hendrickson, Hubbard, Kareem, Sample, Ossai
DT- Hill, Topou, Reader, Shelvin.

I would like to draft a DT within the first 4 rds for depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 11:44 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I liked Larry O, but this team needs to get a young DT for the line on a rookie deal. We are fine with:

DE- Hendrickson, Hubbard, Kareem, Sample, Ossai
DT- Hill, Topou, Reader, Shelvin.

I would like to draft a DT within the first 4 rds for depth.

I like Corner or DT at #31.
Reply/Quote
Just saw a tweet from Cincyjungle that Larry might still be in play.

Would love this if his foot is fine by Training Camp so he can practice before the season.

My only problem with Ogunjobi last year was he seemed to get worn out. Might be even worse if he cannot exercise.

Still for drafting a DT early even if we bring back Larry O.
Reply/Quote