Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry O still a free agent - Fails physical
Now Hobspin is talking about Larry O being back once the foot is healed on another prove it deal.

The injury might of been a blessing in disguise for us as I didn't think we would be able to get both BJ and Larry back.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He had surgery for a Lisfranc injury.  If he needed surgery his was of the more severe nature.  He should be able to come back from it, but it might take awhile.

Thats a real serious injury to bounce back from. I loved him last year but I don't think its worth the gamble. Would be great to have him back healthy though, but seems like a long shot.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 05:41 PM)GodFather Wrote: Thats a real serious injury to bounce back from. I loved him last year but I don't think its worth the gamble. Would be great to have him back healthy though, but seems like a long shot.

Well it seems we have time and he is a great backup DT in case we need him once he does get healthy.

If he does comeback it is looking like we might be the main team in play from what I am reading everywhere.
Reply/Quote
This crazy FA tells me more surprises to come. A guy like Leonard Williams is a 27 million cap hit for the Giants and they are in cap hell.

Will he be traded? Not likely because the dead money is really high. But there are other quality DT's out there that may need a home after FA so the team can sign their rookies. Everything has a fallout, the draft is not free, there are teams that need over $16 million for their rookie pool that don't have $16 million right now for their rookie pool.

The roller coaster will continue, no doubt in my mind as players become available through trades and cuts because a lot of money is being spent in FA in 2022 just 8th day in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 05:41 PM)GodFather Wrote: Thats a real serious injury to bounce back from. I loved him last year but I don't think its worth the gamble. Would be great to have him back healthy though, but seems like a long shot.

Yeah. If I had to pick which foot fracture I wanted, it wouldn’t be that one.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 06:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah. If I had to pick which foot fracture I wanted, it wouldn’t be that one.

Especially if you were a mammoth, lower body dominate athlete.  If he gets his proper rest, he has all of the best rehab resources at his disposal to make as good of a recovery as anyone in his situation.  He's still young enough to heal in a timely fashion, but the loss of strength and conditioning from inactivity will hamper him getting back to form.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 08:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Especially if you were a mammoth, lower body dominate athlete.  If he gets his proper rest, he has all of the best rehab resources at his disposal to make as good of a recovery as anyone in his situation.  He's still young enough to heal in a timely fashion, but the loss of strength and conditioning from inactivity will hamper him getting back to form.

But does he, if he's not on a team? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 12:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But does he, if he's not on a team? 

I don't know that for a fact, but I feel safe to say that he's not without means to get himself taken care of by the same folks he would if he were under contract.  But that is a good point that you bring up.  I do seem to remember a few health care points in the most recent CBA negotiated.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He’s apparently met with the Jets two days in a row.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 01:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s apparently met with the Jets two days in a row.

Jets have had a great off season, but can their QB win games against the elite teams? 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: id wait till he can actually pass the physical

That's what I don't get because it's like, if he failed a physical there, what makes you think he could pass one here?

Won't the Bears want to sign him once he can pass the physical if they haven't already signed someone else?

Won't other teams want to sign him if he can pass a physical?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 02:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jets have had a great off season, but can their QB win games against the elite teams? 

They can always sub in Mike White against elite teams.
Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/21/larry-ogunjobi-visiting-steelers/

His visiting the Division.... time to offer him money
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 01:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/21/larry-ogunjobi-visiting-steelers/

His visiting the Division....  time to offer him money

Don't want him going to THAT team. No doubt, make Larry an offer. The foot must be healed up. Want him back here if it is.
Reply/Quote
Gross.

Reply/Quote

Bummer
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 06:53 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:
Bummer

New it would happen as soon as I saw he was taking the visit. I hate that we didn't re-sign him as soon as FA started.
Reply/Quote
He takes the defensive playbook to our division rival..... Not good. Lou's going to have to come up with a new scheme against them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 07:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: New it would happen as soon as I saw he was taking the visit. I hate that we didn't re-sign him as soon as FA started.

You can hardly blame the Bengals for not wanting to pay him anything close to what the Bears were going to give him.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 07:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: He takes the defensive playbook to our division rival..... Not good. Lou's going to have to come up with a new scheme against them.

Or you could look at it the other way - in that the Bengals know Ogunjobi’s weaknesses. Which Mixon should be able to exploit.

Reply/Quote