Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Last 10 Super Bowl Winners...
(01-16-2022, 08:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was thinking he may not be fully healthy against the Raiders he was wincing a lot early. He also left the field late and got his ankle taped. 

Not sure about the timing but ha has seemed to struggle since Rieff got injured. Not that one guy makes the difference but in Mixons time here he seems to really run well in either a certain blocking scheme or when the lineman are doing they're job adequately.

No knock on Mixon but I do wish we would get Evans more involved in the pass game. 2 or 3 targets a game. 

The Bengals have struggled mightily on the right side since Reiff went down. 
Yesterday notwithstanding. Prince did a good job against a Pro Bowl DE in pass pro, but he & Adeniji got pushed around in the run game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:52 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: The Bengals have struggled mightily on the right side since Reiff went down. 
Yesterday notwithstanding. Prince did a good job against a Pro Bowl DE in pass pro, but he & Adeniji got pushed around in the run game. 

Prince is going to turn out to be pretty darn good I think.. This really is his first year starting games and it really didn't happen till after Reiff went down.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anytime you look at a sample set of games that includes zero losses you are going to get a higher percentage of runs.  Numbers are somewhat skewed because in a lot of these games the winning team was working the clock late in the game by running the ball.

I'd like ot see the ratio for the first half of all these games.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Anytime you look at a sample set of games that includes zero losses you are going to get a higher percentage of runs.  Numbers are somewhat skewed because in a lot of these games the winning team was working the clock late in the game by running the ball.

I'd like ot see the ratio for the first half of all these games.

I'm not jumping through your hoop.

You made the accusation (that these stats are skewed), so the onus is on you to prove it.

I thought PFR did first/second half splits, but couldn't find it on my phone. That said, just looking at halves with no other context would prove nothing. The vast majority of these 33 games were close enough that the winning team wouldn't be going ultra conservative for the entire 2nd half anyway. Or at all.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not jumping through your hoop.

I did not mean for you to.

I looked to see if I could find them before I made that comment.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not mean for you to.

I looked to see if I could find them before I made that comment.

I guess even PFR has it's limitations.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote