Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 11 minutes in KC game only possession one by each team
(01-06-2022, 11:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: Try taking a look at the 4th down conversion rate for 2021 for the Bengals. If you don't understand the analytics there, you're just hating on the coaches. Mellow

How many times have we heard over the years, we scored too soon and gave ball back to the other team. We kick a field goal and Mahommes has a lot of time to go 30 yards, then have Butker tie the game and game goes into OT.

I think Zac assumed if he kicked the field goal, odds were game would go to to OT. If so, very smart because if he doe not make it, likely Chiefs do QB  or TE 81 sneak to run out the clock.

So he went for the win and he got it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:39 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I liked the decision.  My only beef is the QB sneaks.  Why not a toss sweep for Mixon?  That's one of our best basic running plays because Mixon does the cut back so well and our line seems to block decently in space.  

Because Jeremy Hill, that's why. Anytime there is a handoff there is a chance of a fumble. And a toss sweep to Mixon that does not connect likely goes the other way for 6.  Besides, Mixon wasn't getting across that line either, as we all saw. 

I rewatched the game last night. I'm surprised the score was as close as it was. KC can not cover our WR's without holding them, they did it all game long. If we play them in the playoffs and get a crew that "let's them play" we might struggle. If we get a crew that "calls it close" they can not hang with our guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You have to look at a lot of different factors when deciding to go for it on the 4th down play. It is not the same for every team. I thought it was a bad decision because the Bengals are so bad in short yardage situations (22nd in converting 3rd or 4th and 1)

Of course just 2 days earlier I had seen my Vols lose a game by getting stuffed on the 1-yard line in overtime instead of kicking a FG.

I prefer "not losing" over "playing to win" and losing.

Thrilled with the result, was not entirely pleased with any of the play calls. Our interior O-line is our weakest spot. However, those penalties were legitimate after watching replays. I don’t think Boyd might have been open on that last play had he not had to readjust his helmet mid route.

Can’t complain about the result, but live I was not feeling going for it.
Reply/Quote