Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 2 Drafts
Oddly enough, the guy I really want to see on the field is Derron Smith.

I watched him play in college quite a bit and before he hurt his leg, he was looking like a first or second round guy. He also seemed to have some splash plays in camp.
Reply/Quote
The ones I predict will contribute a lot are Dennard, Ogbuehi, and Josh Shaw.

The ones I want to see contribute a lot are Hardison, Clarke, and Dawson.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Fisher didn't play much at Tackle though, did he?  I hope he has improved at that spot, because he looked absolutely horrible in preseason.

I would expect him to be the eventual replacement for Whit.

3rd tackle, TE, Roland spot, all relative to the position.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:36 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I don't see how Obuehli doesn't start the first day a spot is available.

Oh, he will.  The job is his to lose.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:39 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Him and Fisher should fight for the RT spot, it'd be foolish to just give it to the higher draft pick when he spent the majority of his rookie year rehabbing when the other guy was getting snaps.

If you noticed though, Fisher got less snaps on the line once Cedric was activated and started playing.. I see Cedric becoming the starter and Fisher being the 6th lineman/te/fullback at times.
Reply/Quote
Cedric Ogbuehi will most likely start at RT next season with Fisher remaining the 6th OL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:33 PM)brian5562 Wrote: From the 2014 and 2015 NFL Drafts who do you expect big things from next season?

I am hoping Denard can come back healthy and challenge for a starting spot. Excited to get Wright back for special teams and see if he can help at wr. It will be interesting who can earn a starting spot between Fisher and big Cedric.

1. Og - I expect to take over RT with Andre Smith playing elsewhere.
2. Dennard - I expect to take one of the top three CB spots and will start if Adam Jones departs.
3. Jeremy Hill - I expect him to put in the effort to be a top RB again. All around had a disappointing 2015 season and I don't see that sitting well with him.
4. Fisher - 3rd tackle.
5. Dawson - will become part of the LB rotation. Not big expectation though. So-so expectations.

The 2016 Draft will depend on who we can resign. Could draft a Safety, WR, CB or Center early. Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Shaw aren't enough to hold down the CB position. Will need at least one more good corner.

Don't expect big things from Wright, but he'll get some playing time, if healthy.

Don't expect big things from Clarke or Hardison. Maybe one of them does something. We'll have to see if the team resigns Gilberry. If they do then these guys won't see much time.

Expect the team to consider drafting a Center to compete with Bodine, so we could see less of him next year.

McCarron will start at least one game in 2016 and help us out again. Team will play better under AJM next year than it did in 2015. But will fall short of the Brady comparisons, so some will hate on him, even though we'll win.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 12:32 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you noticed though, Fisher got less snaps on the line once Cedric was activated and started playing.. I see Cedric becoming the starter and Fisher being the 6th lineman/te/fullback at times.

He was used with Fisher a lot in jumbo packages, but I think they got even playing time when both were healthy, I'm not sure, it was only a handful of games.

All I want is a legit competition, none of this reserved shite. My track record for getting things I want from this team though are more on the negative side though.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Ogbuehi can do a good job at RT.

Other than him, I don't expect/hope none of the other picks from the last two years are starting, because that means either someone got hurt, or a crappy guy (Bodine, Hill) is still starting for no reason. I think Shaw could push for the #3 CB job, though.

Plug in some good RB and Alex Mack in FA and it doesn't even matter anymore how any QB for the Bengals performs in the postseason because they will be unneeded for a W.

FA RB This Offseason:
-Doug Martin
-Lamar Miller
-Matt Forte
-Alfred Morris
-Marshawn Lynch (expected)

That's a LOT of talent available.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: 1. Og - I expect to take over RT with Andre Smith playing elsewhere.
2. Dennard - I expect to take one of the top three CB spots and will start if Adam Jones departs.
3. Jeremy Hill - I expect him to put in the effort to be a top RB again. All around had a disappointing 2015 season and I don't see that sitting well with him.
4. Fisher - 3rd tackle.
5. Dawson - will become part of the LB rotation. Not big expectation though. So-so expectations.

The 2016 Draft will depend on who we can resign. Could draft a Safety, WR, CB or Center early. Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Shaw aren't enough to hold down the CB position. Will need at least one more good corner.

Don't expect big things from Wright, but he'll get some playing time, if healthy.

Don't expect big things from Clarke or Hardison. Maybe one of them does something. We'll have to see if the team resigns Gilberry. If they do then these guys won't see much time.

Expect the team to consider drafting a Center to compete with Bodine, so we could see less of him next year.

McCarron will start at least one game in 2016 and help us out again. Team will play better under AJM next year than it did in 2015. But will fall short of the Brady comparisons, so some will hate on him, even though we'll win.
Not sure of last post, so AJm will come in for a game and win? So that merits comparing with dalton. I got one for you. Dalton leads  the team to conference championship and losses and those psycho ajm fans want AJM to start in 2017. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 02:16 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure of last post, so AJm will come in for a game and win? So that merits comparing with dalton. I got one for you. Dalton leads  the team to conference championship and losses and those psycho ajm fans want AJM to start in 2017. LOL

I hope Dalton leads us to the SB, not loses in the AFC Championship game. How about you?

Reply/Quote
On defense I think Dennard will be a superstar once he gets into the swing of things. The guy is a Leon Hall clone and should be able to play all three corner spots during his career. Thought his loss was a huge loss for us down the stretch. I kind like what I saw from Derron Smith on tape the guy is fast and is a natural ball Hawk at safety. Also I know he was a part of the 2013 draft but I think Shawn Williams could be a difference maker at SS and at Nickel LBer if we want to go that rout in 2016. Paul Dawson could be a starter WLB with the Vontaz suspension and have a great impact for us. The dude stood out in the preseason.
Offensively- I think Hill bounces back from a rough 2015 and Mario Alford will have a major impact as a gadget player as well as kick returned. Hopefully he takes Tate job this upcoming fall.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 02:30 AM)J24 Wrote: On defense I think Dennard will be a superstar once he gets into the swing of things. The guy is a Leon Hall clone and should be able to play all three corner spots during his career. Thought his loss was a huge loss for us down the stretch. I kind like what I saw from Derron Smith on tape the guy is fast and is a natural ball Hawk at safety. Also I know he was a part of the 2013 draft but I think Shawn Williams could be a difference maker at SS and at Nickel LBer if we want to go that rout in 2016. Paul Dawson could be a starter WLB with the Vontaz suspension and have a great impact for us. The dude stood out in the preseason.
Offensively- I think Hill bounces back from a rough 2015 and Mario Alford will have a major impact as a gadget player as well as kick returned. Hopefully he takes Tate job this upcoming fall.

Replace Dennard with Kirkpatrick, and Hall with Sherman, and that's what people said for like 3 years about Kirkpatrick.

Already two years in on Dennard, so I am expecting him to be yet another early round miss.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 02:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Replace Dennard with Kirkpatrick, and Hall with Sherman, and that's what people said for like 3 years about Kirkpatrick.

Already two years in on Dennard, so I am expecting him to be yet another early round miss.

Dennard will end up being better than Kirkpatrick.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:43 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'm not knocking Fisher, but they drafted Ced to be the LT for the next 12 years (once Whit is gone).

Hell, you could argue that we might be better with Ced/Fisher next year.  Whitworth wasn't exactly dominant this year...lots of penalties.

Several of those were complete bull-hockey.  But a few were legit.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
My biggest concern with Dennard is injuries. The guy has missed more games than he's played.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:39 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Him and Fisher should fight for the RT spot, it'd be foolish to just give it to the higher draft pick when he spent the majority of his rookie year rehabbing when the other guy was getting snaps.

I agree, let the best man win the spot. Who cares about draft round.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: McCarron will start at least one game in 2016 and help us out again. Team will play better under AJM next year than it did in 2015. But will fall short of the Brady comparisons, so some will hate on him, even though we'll win.

Some will say he is not as good as Dalton and immediately be accused of "hating".
Reply/Quote
Is there any harm in the loser of Fisher and Og to move to guard?

I know that the linemen practice a lot learning the other positions as evidenced when Whit moved to guard so Collins could fill in at LT.

Couldn't the loser of Fisher and Og battle for RT move to guard and whichever guard is replaced is then moved to center?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:47 AM)magikod Wrote: I agree, let the best man win the spot. Who cares about draft round.

Draft order doesn't mean anything now.

Just ask David Verser, the WR taken in the first round the same year we took Collinsworth in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote