Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 2 Weeks to AFC North Champs For Bengals
This week Bengals play Kansas City Chiefs. I hope Bengals win, but Chiefs have been the best team in the AFC the last 3 years.

Baltimore could still win the AFC North, but not if they lose to the LA Rams this week, which is possible. Go Rams.

Steelers or Browns could still win AFC North. They play each other this week.

The Bengals play at the Browns the last week. Baltimore plays the Steelers.

If The Bengals don't win another regular season game, they would need Steelers to beat Browns this week and Baltimore to beat Steelers the last week. Baltimore already eliminated if they lose to Rams.

I'm sure The Bengals don't want to go into play-offs losing their last 2 games, and getting swept by Cleveland. Still, if Bengals would lose to Chiefs and Browns, they would need Rams to beat Ravens and Steelers to beat Browns this week, and Ravens to beat Steelers in last week.

Counting on other teams is hard. The best thing would be for Bengals to WIN ONE MORE GAME and Bengals would be AFC North Champs.

There are no more easy games for Bengals. The Chiefs are Hard. Other teams have caught the Browns injured. The Bengals played the Browns at Full Strength and Browns may be healthy and back to Full Strength in the last game. Of course no easy games in The Play-Offs. Bengals do need to play even better and go into Play-Off Mode and shift into an even higher gear.

The crazy thing is that Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh could still win the AFC North. Bengals still have unfinished business. I would like to say sweeping Steelers and Ravens makes this a done deal, but it just isn't the case. I think that loss to The Jets is hurting Bengals right now. Bengals still have more work to do.

As always, GO BENGALS. Win This Thing.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
all they have to do is win 1 of the last 2. its very much within their grasp... That said no one is out yet.
Reply/Quote
I just hope the Pittsburgh/Cleveland game is a brutal one that lays devastation on both teams (no serious injuries) Ninja
Reply/Quote
We just used up our 2-wins-in-a-row limit last game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: all they have to do is win 1 of the last 2.  its very much within their grasp... That said no one is out yet.

except those last 2 are The Chiefs who have been the best team in AFC the last 3 years, and at Cleveland off Lake Erie later in January thanks to added regular season game.  Weather could be awful.  Browns could be Healthy.  Browns have owned our Bengals last few years.  So both games against Mahomes and Mayfield look Hard.  Still, as you say, if Bengals win One of the Two games, they win the AFC North, not needing any Help by other teams to back in. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just hope the Pittsburgh/Cleveland game is a brutal one that lays devastation on both teams (no serious injuries) Ninja

Just hope it ends in a tie and eliminates both from the division race.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Ravens lose and the Browns/Steelers somehow ends in a tie, Bengals clinch.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
We clinch with a Ravens loss + Browns - Steelers Tie
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:05 PM)cinci4life Wrote: If Ravens lose and the Browns/Steelers somehow ends in a tie, Bengals clinch.

Bengals can win the division even if they lose out with the following scenario (which is actually realistic):
Ravens lose to Rams but beat the Steelers (end 9-8)
Steelers beat the Browns but lose to Ravens (end 8-8-1)
Browns lose to Steelers and beat Bengals (end 8-9)

Bengals would win due to tiebreaker over Ravens.

With that said, beat the Browns to keep this simple and also go into the playoffs with a victory.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I just want to win this week.... pending bad weather in Cleveland they will run the ball down our throats even more than usual.

Jets, Chicago, 49ers, Packers are losses we all could be cursing all off-season.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals can win the division even if they lose out with the following scenario (which is actually realistic):
Ravens lose to Rams but beat the Steelers (end 9-8)
Steelers beat the Browns but lose to Ravens (end 8-8-1)
Browns lose to Steelers and beat Bengals (end 8-9)

Bengals would win due to tiebreaker over Ravens.

With that said, beat the Browns to keep this simple and also go into the playoffs with a victory.

Really? Well, glad we have options bc both games are going to be rough.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Just hope it ends in a tie and eliminates both from the division race.

That would be awesome. Cool
Reply/Quote
Just win a damn game so nobody is scoreboard watching week 18...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:24 PM)kevin Wrote: except those last 2 are The Chiefs who have been the best team in AFC the last 3 years, and at Cleveland off Lake Erie later in January thanks to added regular season game.  Weather could be awful.  Browns could be Healthy.  Browns have owned our Bengals last few years.  So both games against Mahomes and Mayfield look Hard.  Still, as you say, if Bengals win One of the Two games, they win the AFC North, not needing any Help by other teams to back in. 

didnt say it be easy lol... But if they are as good as people think they should be able to win 1...  that said both the chiefs and the browns also have a lot more to play for atm... Chiefs holding onto the #1 seed and browns for playoff life.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:11 PM)kevin Wrote:   Of course no easy games in The Play-Offs.  Bengals do need to play even better and go into Play-Off Mode and shift into an even higher gear.

Tiger

I think they are in playoff mode now which is why we will see the best Bengals team on the field this Sunday.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 05:13 PM)jason Wrote: Just win a damn game so nobody is scoreboard watching week 18...

even if we lose the only scoreboard we need to watch week 18 is our own as we will only need to beat the browns
Reply/Quote