Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 2 games summaries.....
So I've missed the last 2 games due to Louisville being in the Indy market, and looks like I will miss next week as well. So, Someone catch me up with how the team is doing. An honest opinion, not the sky is falling or all is well. The young guys on defense looking like they may be able to play? Driskell looking better with starting reps? From what I hear Ringo may be a keeper? Marvin getting the D to pay like they should? I saw Hubbard had a huge game yesterday, and Atkins had 3 sacs, but it was Oakland after all. Things looking up, down, or the same????
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So I've missed the last 2 games due to Louisville being in the Indy market, and looks like I will miss next week as well. So, Someone catch me up with how the team is doing. An honest opinion, not the sky is falling or all is well. The young guys on defense looking like they may be able to play? Driskell looking better with starting reps? From what I hear Ringo may be a keeper? Marvin getting the D to pay like they should? I saw Hubbard had a huge game yesterday, and Atkins had 3 sacs, but it was Oakland after all. Things looking up, down, or the same????

Same Wink Mike Brown is still the owner, so that limits change.

But the coaches have figured out that Mixon is a workhorse and when you feed him the ball he gets yards and first downs.

Driskel had a rough day yesterday, but not surprising considering it was his 3rd career start. Boyd missed most of the game. Still it wasn't as bad as Dalton's 2.0 Cleveland game, so no new record worsts were set. I just had to include that to put things in perspective.

Driskel was decent in the Chargers game, but not enough to win.

We have a chance to eliminate Cleveland from the playoffs this coming week.  ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I would say, not anything to get excited about. The D does seem to playing better, I actually saw a couple of passes knocked down by the DBs. Nickerson still doesn't belong on an NFL team. Driskel is horrible, couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Mixon is exciting to watch though! O-line did an ok job yesterday, even though it was Oakland. Redmond needs to be shown door. Just don't think he is smart. Erickson had some nice returns
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So I've missed the last 2 games due to Louisville being in the Indy market, and looks like I will miss next week as well. So, Someone catch me up with how the team is doing. An honest opinion, not the sky is falling or all is well. The young guys on defense looking like they may be able to play? Driskell looking better with starting reps? From what I hear Ringo may be a keeper? Marvin getting the D to pay like they should? I saw Hubbard had a huge game yesterday, and Atkins had 3 sacs, but it was Oakland after all. Things looking up, down, or the same????

Driskel looked awful against Oakland. We might need a different backup next season.

Geno and Sam were feasting against a bad OL that had a couple backups playing. Nice to see, but who it was against needs to be taken into consideration.

Alex Erickson was an absolute beast in the return game yesterday. He played a huge part in the win.

Last but not least, Joe Mixon is looking like an elite RB.

Reply/Quote

Mike had a happy last Home game of the season yesterday. A Bengal win was filling the air at Paul Brown Stadium.

Mike watched Marvin beat the $100 million dollar Head Coach Jon Gruden, when Gruden had Derek Carr & Marvin had to use an inexperienced backup QB.  Nice Coaching job by Marvin.

Ended a 5 game losing streak and prevented an 8 game season ending losing streak from happening.

I think this happy last Home game ending will ensure that Mike wants Marvin back & Marvin will have a good day to remember which will make him want to come back in 2019.

It may have prevented the Hue era from beginning in 2019, which is a positive but may have also prevented some other type of Head Coaching change from happening.

Expect more Marvin next season. 
Reply/Quote
I wasnt impressed with the win over the Raiders.
I watched a 40 yd gain to practice squad TE vs a LB.
I watched Driskel overthrow WRs in a clean pocket
Geno finally showed up but where was he 6 games ago?
and more false starts by Redmond.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Driskel looked awful against Oakland. We might need a different backup next season.

Geno and Sam were feasting against a bad OL that had a couple backups playing. Nice to see, but who it was against needs to be taken into consideration.

Alex Erickson was an absolute beast in the return game yesterday. He played a huge part in the win.

Last but not least, Joe Mixon is looking like an elite RB.

Absolutely agreed.  If you look back on it, he's been money all season, and has had a part in all of the wins.  It's how the offense was middle of the pack in scoring, but bottom 3rd of the league in yards with a shitty defense.  Erickson has had a fine season returning kicks....and several long ones have been called back.

Agree with the rest too, but the point about Erickson should not be overlooked.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Oh yeah, and Marvin is Mr Aggressive now. Likes to go for 2 and on 4th down.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh yeah, and Marvin is Mr Aggressive now. Likes to go for 2 and on 4th down.

Yeah, what's up with that?  

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh yeah, and Marvin is Mr Aggressive now. Likes to go for 2 and on 4th down.

I thought it was great to hear someone else besides us, that thinks Merv is considered conservative. Lofton kept repeating that when we went for it on 4th down a couple of times.
Reply/Quote
Driskel has shown why he's a backup. He's averaging 58% completion % and 178 yards passing a game and he's trending down as backup's almost always do coming in at 44% and 130 yards this last game. His acuracy is just plain horrible !

The Oline is still basically awful. The defense has improved a bit but keep in mind we just played one of if not the worst team in the NFL and the Broncos aren't exactly lighting up the stats either on offense.

The "coaches" have finally figured out they should use Mixon after 12 games, they're pure genius.

Pretty much typical ML&MB led Bengals FUBAR
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Driskel has shown why he's a backup. He's averaging 58% completion % and 178 yards passing a game and he's trending down as backup's almost always do coming in at 44% and 130 yards this last game. His acuracy is just plain horrible !

The Oline is still basically awful. The defense has improved a bit but keep in mind we just played one of if not the worst team in the NFL and the Broncos aren't exactly lighting up the stats either on offense.

The "coaches" have finally figured out they should use Mixon after 12 games, they're pure genius.

Pretty much typical ML&MB led Bengals FUBAR

Yup....but I will say the defense was improved against LAC too.  They did what they were supposed to do yesterday, handle a bad team.  I will have to give Merv credit....as a DC, he has turned the dumpster fire of a defense into a smolder...with lesser talent available to him.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup....but I will say the defense was improved against LAC too.  They did what they were supposed to do yesterday, handle a bad team.  I will have to give Merv credit....as a DC, he has turned the dumpster fire of a defense into a smolder...with lesser talent available to him.

Right, the defense has improved under Merv. I'll give him some credit as bad as I hate to. But I have no illusions that this D would do the same thing to the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Pats, Texans, Bears, hell even the Chargers or Colts if it was a game that really mattered, playoffs.
Reply/Quote
For me, Mixon is the story of the season. He's a franchise RB...especially IF we can put a good line in front of him.

Boyd's development is the 2nd story of the season.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For me, Mixon is the story of the season. He's a franchise RB...especially IF we can put a good line in front of him.

And a good blocking TE. A good inline tight end is important to the run game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For me, Mixon is the story of the season. He's a franchise RB...especially IF we can put a good line in front of him.

I'd personally flip that statement, but I'm not going to fight over it lol. I think Boyds emergence is probably the best story of this season.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, what's up with that?  

What does he have to lose? It's awfully coincidental that he started doing that once we essentially hit rock bottom with all the injuries. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:43 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I'd personally flip that statement, but I'm not going to fight over it lol. I think Boyds emergence is probably the best story of this season.

1 and 1A honestly. Maybe what Mixon has done behind this terrible OL is slightly more impressive.

Reply/Quote
I would agree, but Boyd has done well with the backup in there too.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1 and 1A honestly. Maybe what Mixon has done behind this terrible OL is slightly more impressive.

Had to dig into it, and you're probably right. Boy(d) is it close.

He has the single season highest catch % (with at least 100 targets) in Bengals history to date, over a grand (ranks 23rd all time for single season), and 75 catches (ranks 17th all-time single season).

Mixon ranks 23rd for yards, 4.8 ypc (ranks roughly top 25, actually best since JH rookie year), and TDs are a bit lacking (18th).

Ugh, I think I still give the nod to Boyd but by a split hair. But boy is that a tough one.
Reply/Quote