Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Last Free Agency Looking back
Between our secondary decline and OBJ's occasionally butt whippings from DEs, does anyone actually still think last FA was good? Genuinely curious.
Reply/Quote
OBJ was a good get

Now Nick Scott. Irv Smith....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's a misconception on the board that a lineman sucks if they give up a pressure or sack. They all do.

I criticized the Scott signing at the time.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OBJ was a good get

Now Nick Scott. Irv Smith....

In a way, yeah. Not every day that someone will miss the birth of their first child to get clapped by Highsmith/Watt.

But I can't say that I'd take him over JBIII
Reply/Quote
We have the 6th most invested in the o line in the league. Pollack has to go after this season.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:35 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Between our secondary decline and OBJ's occasionally butt whippings from DEs, does anyone actually still think last FA was good? Genuinely curious.

ObJ was the had to pick, played better than Williams,  Smith was those 1 year deals steal if he works out. Scott was a disappointment 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:40 PM)Bengalion Wrote: We have the 6th most invested in the o line in the league. Pollack has to go after this season.

Yeah. I don't know what to say on that. Got sacked 4 times on 5 plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:40 PM)Bengalion Wrote: We have the 6th most invested in the o line in the league. Pollack has to go after this season.

Before Jacksonville, i'd be inclined to agree. But now i'm not so sure how much of it is Pollack and how much of it is Zac's offensive philisohy.
Reply/Quote
Bengals get right back to the super bowl with healthy Burrow playing. The afc is dog crap. This team with Burrow was still good enough to win the afc

blame other things all you like, but Burrow's wrist injury is why they're not getting to the afc title game this year.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals get right back to the super bowl with healthy Burrow playing. The afc is dog crap. This team with Burrow was still good enough to win the afc

blame other things all you like, but Burrow's wrist injury is why they're not getting to the afc title game this year.

The AFC is a QB carousel this season. The only other thing more notable than that this season is how horrendous the refs have been throughout.

"We didn't have Burrow" doesn't really fly much this season. Damn near all the AFC teams went through 2 or more QBs, and the ones that started throughout had realtivetly sub-par years unless their name was Lamar.
Reply/Quote
Losing out on our SS was probably the long term nail in the coffin
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:50 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: The AFC is a QB carousel this season. The only other thing more notable than that this season is how horrendous the refs have been throughout.

"We didn't have Burrow" doesn't really fly much this season. Damn near all the AFC teams went through 2 or more QBs, and the ones that started throughout had realtivetly sub-par years unless their name was Lamar.

it really is as simple as they dont have Burrow. Cry about other things all you like, other than the jets, no other team had an elite qb miss the season. Chargers werent gonna make it with Herbert anyway.

all these other teams with qb injuries didnt have elite qb's. Bengals did. Which makes the loss of Burrow the biggest factor here. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. I don't know what to say on that. Got sacked 4 times on 5 plays.

And 3 at least of them were on Browning holding the ball, not rolling out and taking too long to read. He's a career backup who until this year had no real game full speed experience. It was bound to show. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals get right back to the super bowl with healthy Burrow playing. The afc is dog crap. This team with Burrow was still good enough to win the afc

I think we make the playoffs but our defense was atrocious all season. I'm pretty sure we're dead last in Yards per play this year!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Imma blame Burrow's calf injury 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

The money probably points to us being terrible at drafting OL. That probably runs deeper than Pollack but he should definitely have a hand in that failure. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it really is as simple as they dont have Burrow. Cry about other things all you like, other than the jets, no other team had an elite qb miss the season. Chargers werent gonna make it with Herbert anyway.

all these other teams with qb injuries didnt have elite qb's. Bengals did. Which makes the loss of Burrow the biggest factor here. 

I don’t understand how you think Joe Burrow makes our defense passable. It was 11 guys packed into a clown car crashing into buildings.

Browning is certainly not Joe, but if you look at the offensive output in each game he started, it wasn’t too far from what we might expect from
a healthy Burrow - purely speaking in terms of points scored. But our defense could not be counted on to make any stops.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:14 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The money probably points to us being terrible at drafting OL. That probably runs deeper than Pollack but he should definitely have a hand in that failure. 

Duke hasn’t hit on a OL pick since Clint Boling a decade ago. But sure it’s all on the 3 different OL coaches since then…

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Duke hasn’t hit on a OL pick since Clint Boling a decade ago. But sure it’s all on the 3 different OL coaches since then…

Bingo.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Duke hasn’t hit on a OL pick since Clint Boling a decade ago. But sure it’s all on the 3 different OL coaches since then…

Technically Jonah Williams would be Duke Tobin's best OL pick... everything before that was Paul Alexander including Trey Hopkins during the Super Bowl run. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote