Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Last Free Agency Looking back
(12-31-2023, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Duke hasn’t hit on a OL pick since Clint Boling a decade ago. But sure it’s all on the 3 different OL coaches since then…

Insert the Chad Johnson "They all suck" line.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t understand how you think Joe Burrow makes our defense passable. It was 11 guys packed into a clown car crashing into buildings.

Browning is certainly not Joe, but if you look at the offensive output in each game he started, it wasn’t too far from what we might expect from
a healthy Burrow - purely speaking in terms of points scored. But our defense could not be counted on to make any stops.

I'd say it was really the Steelers games that stand out being really bad and those were the ones our offense was the worst. I definitely think Burrow makes a difference in those games. Still not sure what people expected from the defense losing both safeties and Apple. They were almost assuredly going to take a step back but they still played good enough to win in alot of games.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Technically Jonah Williams would be Duke Tobin's best OL pick... everything before that was Paul Alexander including Trey Hopkins during the Super Bowl run. 

Hopkins was UDFA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopkins was UDFA.

Yea but still brought in by Paul Alexander and spent his first 2 years in his meeting rooms. I think Trey had a broken leg for one though. Boiling Zeitler and Hopkins were all before Paul Alexander left... Since then the OL talent has went way downhill.

Edit: Since Paul Alexander its been Jonah Williams and Cordell Volson and that's its as far as brought in developed OL talent.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t understand how you think Joe Burrow makes our defense passable. It was 11 guys packed into a clown car crashing into buildings.

Browning is certainly not Joe, but if you look at the offensive output in each game he started, it wasn’t too far from what we might expect from
a healthy Burrow - purely speaking in terms of points scored. But our defense could not be counted on to make any stops.

Burrow w/ this offensive line and current defense still get to the afc chip at least. The afc is really bad, and Burrow still has his weapons

Compare it to Mahomes who has no weapons, and nobody truly believes they can win the whole thing this year. They most likely will lose to Buffalo or Cleveland. That’s how bad the afc is this year. Where the Bills can actually get to the super bowl this year

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I get losing Bates, I wouldn't pay $16+ million per year for a FS. But they should have paid Bell. People can say he had his worst season this year in Carolina, but I don't believe for one second had he stayed that he would have.

I really like Battle and think he's gonna be a good one, but he could have benefited greatly sitting behind Bell for a year and playing in some sub packages and special teams.

Dax is no FS. He's a slot corner masquerading as a FS. At least in MY opinion. I sure hope Tycen Anderson heals up well this off-season and takes that spot next year. I know, I know...a first round pick isn't getting displaced by a 6th rounder blah blah blah... I ain't tryna hear that. Anderson played very well in the preseason, made some really nice plays, and I feel he's earned another long look there come next TC, provided he comes back healed up and chomping at the bit to get on the field.
Reply/Quote

via GIPHY

Copy Code

[url=https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-laugh-haha-TIPKiXkdZjEdy][/url]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 04:57 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I get losing Bates, I wouldn't pay $16+ million per year for a FS. But they should have paid Bell. People can say he had his worst season this year in Carolina, but I don't believe for one second had he stayed that he would have.

I really like Battle and think he's gonna be a good one, but he could have benefited greatly sitting behind Bell for a year and playing in some sub packages and special teams.

Dax is no FS. He's a slot corner masquerading as a FS. At least in MY opinion. I sure hope Tycen Anderson heals up well this off-season and takes that spot next year. I know, I know...a first round pick isn't getting displaced by a 6th rounder blah blah blah... I ain't tryna hear that. Anderson played very well in the preseason, made some really nice plays, and I feel he's earned another long look there come next TC, provided he comes back healed up and chomping at the bit to get on the field.

Hopefully Dax and Battle both benefitted from all the snaps they took this year.  I believe Dax will stay at safety in 2024, and in 2025 possibly take Hilton's spot. 

Reply/Quote
What's Munoz doing these days?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Technically Jonah Williams would be Duke Tobin's best OL pick... everything before that was Paul Alexander including Trey Hopkins during the Super Bowl run. 

Hopkins was an undrafted  FA..but yea they have shown no ability to evaluate talent in the trenches on both sides of ball
I want them to poach scouts from Cleveland and Balt to show them how its done. 
Reply/Quote

Nailed it! Lapham was killing me yesterday. He kept talking about how the Bengals doubled the Chiefs in 1st downs and TOP in the first half. I was setting here thinking, yeah you fool, when they gain 20 yds a play, dumbshit....
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'd say it was really the Steelers games that stand out being really bad and those were the ones our offense was the worst. I definitely think Burrow makes a difference in those games. Still not sure what people expected from the defense losing both safeties and Apple. They were almost assuredly going to take a step back but they still played good enough to win in alot of games.

I think we all figured it would be a step back, but we all hoped the DBs would get better as the season went on, they didn't.
Reply/Quote