Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Mock before FA.
Ok here is my last Mock before the start of FA: feel free to pick it apart/comment.

1) Darnell Wright-RT (Tennessee) - 6'6 340 think massive RT of the future here (Orlando Brown) solidifies the right side the next 5 years on a rookie contract, we hope.

2) Eli Ricks- CB (Alabama) 6'2 190 runs a 4.5 would be a nice #2/3 CB to have as depth and play certain packages. can never have enough CB's.

3) Chris Smith- FS (Georgia) 5'11 190 nice added depth to replace Bates, can play ST now.

4) Jaxson Kirkland- OG (Washington) 6'7 320 nice solid OG depth to help bolster the overall IOL.

5) Tyler Lacy- DE/DT (Oklahoma St) 6'4 285 good size to add to the Dline rotation.

6) Luke Schoonmaker - TE (Michigan) 6'6 250 fits what we look for in a #2 TE

7) Drake Thomas - LB (NC.ST) 6'0 230 good guy to improve the overall depth as a backup ST'er

-- I tried to focus on upgrading the offensive line and adding to the secondary to improve the overall depth and competition there as well as adding solid depth at areas of need in the later rounds.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 01:31 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Ok here is my last Mock before the start of FA: feel free to pick it apart/comment.

1) Darnell Wright-RT (Tennessee) - 6'6 340 think massive RT of the future here (Orlando Brown) solidifies the right side the next 5 years on a rookie contract, we hope.

2) Eli Ricks- CB (Alabama) 6'2 190 runs a 4.5 would be a nice #2/3 CB to have as depth and play certain packages. can never have enough CB's.

3) Chris Smith- FS (Georgia) 5'11 190 nice added depth to replace Bates, can play ST now.

4) Jaxson Kirkland- OG (Washington) 6'7 320 nice solid OG depth to help bolster the overall IOL.

5) Tyler Lacy- DE/DT (Oklahoma St) 6'4 285 good size to add to the Dline rotation.

6) Luke Schoonmaker - TE (Michigan) 6'6 250 fits what we look for in a #2 TE

7) Drake Thomas - LB (NC.ST) 6'0 230 good guy to improve the overall depth as a backup ST'er

-- I tried to focus on upgrading the offensive line and adding to the secondary to improve the overall depth and competition there as well as adding solid depth at areas of need in the later rounds.

Is it safe to assume that with the selection of Chris Smith, Dax Hill is covering Bell's SS spot?
Or is Vonn Bell re-signed and Dax Hill riding the bench?

I like Schoonmaker as a depth TE, would be ok not taking a TE earlier if Hurst is re-signed.
If Hurst isn't though, need a starting TE on Day 1 or Day 2.

I like Wright selection as future starting RT. Not sure I'd slot him in starting immediately though. Maybe have him compete with Williams or Carman at RT until Collins is back.

I've like Kirkland since I thought he was coming out last year. He can also play some OT along with OG.

Put me in the camp of wanting a LB early or getting a solid replacement in FA if Pratt walks, as I'm not particularly high on ADG or Bailey as guys who would do well with a lot of playing time. They're still just depth/role players in my opinion.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote