Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Mock of Draft Season
Here's my last attempt at a mock draft. Previously I've used CBS, but this time I'm going with WalkTheMock.com's draft generator and using it to take a shot.

1 - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford - Still available in my mock draft at nine. Just a monster on the field and someone who hasn't scratched the surface of his ability yet. Obviously the big question is if he would actually be there or not. If he isn't there, I'd hope for Allen to fall or just trade out, but mocking trades in these is hit or miss.

2 - Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida - A good fit for the Bengals, especially with the unknown of next year with Burfict and Minter. Davis gives the Bengals an immediate impact player at LB and gives them options on who to re-sign and who to let go next year.

3 - Pat Elflein, C/G, Ohio State - Elflein is all over the place in mocks it seems, but I got lucky enough for him to still be sitting there. His versatility is a plus, meaning he can slide in wherever they need him.

4(A) - Marlon Mack, RB, USF - Mack is one of the best in the second wave of running backs, and it feels like he's a real value here. He's a home run hitter with explosive speed, and speed is something this team needs desperately.

4 (B) - Trey Hendrickson, DE, FAU - One of my favorite guys in this draft, Hendrickson is great off of the edge, but is still pretty raw. He would need to work with run stopping, but can get after the QB and falls because of his lack of a big name college.

5 (A) - Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - Severely underrated athlete who has the chance to be really good at WR in the NFL. A lot of people have compared him to Marvin Jones, which only serves him as a great fit here. I have my questions about him, but he's still sitting there, so I nabbed him.

5 (B) - John Johnson, S, Boston College - This is a luxury and value pick. Johnson has gone up and down draft boards, but the talent is there. Safety isn't necessarily a need, but it adds a talented player to a secondary.

6 (A) - Jessamen Dunker, G , TSU - Dunker is a talented offensive lineman who is a little bit away from being a contributor, but has definite room to grow. He provides depth for a line that needs it desperately.

6 (B) - Jeremy Cutrer, CB, MTSU - Cutrer has a lot of the physical tools you look for in a corner, but lacked the big name school and hasn't really connected the tools to his play. He's a lottery ticket at this point, but the upside is there for him to be a guy who can develop.

7 (A) - Jake Elliott, K, Memphis - Big leg and accurate. It gives the Bengals a good option to stick around and boot the ball for years to come, and at the very least provides competition to Bullock.

7 (B) - Jon Heck, OT, UNC - He probably can't stay at tackle in the NFL, but he's depth for the OL for camp and pre-season and gets a shot to stick as a backup. It might be merely for competition, but he's got size and could stick around if things break right.

This was probably the mock I've liked the most of any that I've done. It provides a lot of quality players at places that the Bengals need them. Obviously things can change come draft day, and some of these values may be off a bit, but if this were to happen I would be very pleased.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 06:02 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Here's my last attempt at a mock draft. Previously I've used CBS, but this time I'm going with WalkTheMock.com's draft generator and using it to take a shot.

1 - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford - Still available in my mock draft at nine. Just a monster on the field and someone who hasn't scratched the surface of his ability yet. Obviously the big question is if he would actually be there or not. If he isn't there, I'd hope for Allen to fall or just trade out, but mocking trades in these is hit or miss.

2 - Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida - A good fit for the Bengals, especially with the unknown of next year with Burfict and Minter. Davis gives the Bengals an immediate impact player at LB and gives them options on who to re-sign and who to let go next year.

3 - Pat Elflein, C/G, Ohio State - Elflein is all over the place in mocks it seems, but I got lucky enough for him to still be sitting there. His versatility is a plus, meaning he can slide in wherever they need him.

4(A) - Marlon Mack, RB, USF - Mack is one of the best in the second wave of running backs, and it feels like he's a real value here. He's a home run hitter with explosive speed, and speed is something this team needs desperately.

4 (B) - Trey Hendrickson, DE, FAU - One of my favorite guys in this draft, Hendrickson is great off of the edge, but is still pretty raw. He would need to work with run stopping, but can get after the QB and falls because of his lack of a big name college.

5 (A) - Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - Severely underrated athlete who has the chance to be really good at WR in the NFL. A lot of people have compared him to Marvin Jones, which only serves him as a great fit here. I have my questions about him, but he's still sitting there, so I nabbed him.

5 (B) - John Johnson, S, Boston College - This is a luxury and value pick. Johnson has gone up and down draft boards, but the talent is there. Safety isn't necessarily a need, but it adds a talented player to a secondary.

6 (A) - Jessamen Dunker, G , TSU - Dunker is a talented offensive lineman who is a little bit away from being a contributor, but has definite room to grow. He provides depth for a line that needs it desperately.

6 (B) - Jeremy Cutrer, CB, MTSU - Cutrer has a lot of the physical tools you look for in a corner, but lacked the big name school and hasn't really connected the tools to his play. He's a lottery ticket at this point, but the upside is there for him to be a guy who can develop.

7 (A) - Jake Elliott, K, Memphis - Big leg and accurate. It gives the Bengals a good option to stick around and boot the ball for years to come, and at the very least provides competition to Bullock.

7 (B) - Jon Heck, OT, UNC - He probably can't stay at tackle in the NFL, but he's depth for the OL for camp and pre-season and gets a shot to stick as a backup. It might be merely for competition, but he's got size and could stick around if things break right.

This was probably the mock I've liked the most of any that I've done. It provides a lot of quality players at places that the Bengals need them. Obviously things can change come draft day, and some of these values may be off a bit, but if this were to happen I would be very pleased.

I like it overall.

Not sure if Thomas is gonna be around when we pick but if he is its a no-brainer, also have loved Jarrad Davis all off season and really think he would be getting more buzz if not for the injury history. 

Not a huge fan of round 4, not huge on Mack and would rather grab a TE like Bucky Hodges if he is still around early in 4 then maybe a RB with the Hendrickson pick. With that said I would be more than okay with that round if the first 3 went like this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote