Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Pre-Free Agency PFN Mock
When the 5th selection arrived Sewell was off the boards but Chase was still available. I received a trade offer from Miami which would net me their 18th, 36th, and 50th selections. I took the deal in an instant. These are the results and I believe it is an AWESOME draft:

Round 1 - 18th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.DOY7Yba9jqKeArA-De3QBQHaE7&pid...=243&h=163]

Jaylen Mayfield - OT - Xichigan - 6'5" 320

I really like this selection and I see Mayfield as a day 1 starter and impact player at either OT position. I believe Mayfield is going to be a very good OT for a very long time in the NFL. He has the athletic ability to play either side and has cut his team against some very good Big 10 pass rushers and held up extremely well.

Round 2 - 36th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.2DK-DdEHBKIiE_au1KtMRQHaE7&pid...=255&h=170]

Levi Onwuzurike - DT - Washington - 6'3" 290

Unfortunately, I believe it is time to part company with Geno as he has never been able to fully come back to form from injuries. However, we find his replacement right here. Levi plays much like Geno with quick get off and outstanding leverage. Explosive as a pass rusher. One positive trait he has over Geno is longer arms which enable him to better keep blockers off of him. Plays in the backfield and should make for a good pairing with DJ Reader.

Round 2 - 38th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.KOPNY1av3GL_KIHu5aSRQQHaE7&pid...=243&h=163]

Terrace Marshall - WR - LSU - 6'3" 200

Marshall has shown that he can line up at any WR position and execute at a very high level. Marshall brings speed, size, quickness, strength, and ball skills to the position. Is going to be an outstanding addition to this cast of young receivers. What a trio with Higgins, Boyd, and Marshall.

Round 2 - 50th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.vUy31rqmB4P_NFWIYulfRwHaEd&pid...=265&h=161]

Liam Eichenberg - OT - 6'6" 305

If Eichenberg is still here then it should be a steal. Run to the podium with the card. Day 1 plug and play starter at LT. Liam  did not give up a sack in 2019. He has some struggles against Alabama but still did not surrender a sack against a top tier defensive front. He should only continue to develop under Frank Pollack. this selection allows Mayfield to play to his strength at RT and enables a move of Jonah Williams to the interior in an effort to have best 5 linemen on the field.

Round 3 - 69th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.AmNrfdL3GBJYZxTl-EfhrwHaEc&pid...=256&h=155]

Patrick Jones II - DE - Pittsburgh - 6'5" 260

Jones is about as developed as you can expect for a draft selection. Explosive pass rusher that is flirting with being elite. Not just a fast athlete but has the power to go with the speed. Needs to continue to develop against the run but not something that should be looked at as a weakness. Will be a really good addition to go with Lawson and Hubbard. Has the traits to develop into a premier rusher in the NFL.

Round 4 - 111th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.Ztb9iH4LseTXuZUp98vBwQHaEK&pid...=283&h=160]

Trill Williams - CB - Syracuse - 6'2" 198

Williams has played boundary and slot corner as well as safety so versatility is one thing he brings to the table. He is long and brings great size to the position. Fluid hips and probably projects best as an outside boundary corner at the NFL level. No real glaring weaknesses in his game at this point. One of my favorite selections in this draft. Should be an immediate impact player.

Round 5 - 150th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.I3yq3hSOSip1u12_d0tpZAHaFj&pid...=209&h=158]

Tre' McKitty - TE - Georgia - 6'4" 247

McKitty is not the biggest TE but he is a willing and able blocker but the strength of his game is his ability to create after the catch. While he never put up huge numbers at the collegiate level there was also questionable decisions in how he was used. The flashes show a weapon that a QB like Burrow should be able to use to exploit defenses.

Round 6 - 192nd overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.BiPxpfWJfCmZRaNa2238LwHaE8&pid...=230&h=154]

Alaric Jackson - OL - Iowa - 6'6' 315

Many have Jackson sliding with question about his overall athleticism even though he manned the LT position for Iowa. I believe Jackson could be a good RT at the NFL level but for the Bengals he easily moves into the RG position and provides a physical well coached fundamentally sound presence at the position. This selection rounds out the starting O line with Hopkins returning to the C position and Jonah Williams taking over at LG.

Round 7 - 231st overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.pIi230alEglAXgKyVdKg1gHaFF&pid...=266&h=183]

Jose Borregales - K - Miami; Fla - 5'10" 205

Very accurate with a pretty big leg. In 2020 he hit at a 90% rate with a long of 57. Make the job his on day 1 and don't look back.

Round 7 - 233rd overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.Itby2mXfgTRjpu0ruQvxZAHaEK&pid...=281&h=159]

Drue Chrisman - P - Ohio State

I am a Huber fan but it is time to get younger and drop salary at the position. Chrisman has been a very solid performer for the Buckeyes and should have no issues stepping into the job and being a steady presence from day 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 10:04 PM)OSUfan Wrote: When the 5th selection arrived Sewell was off the boards but Chase was still available. I received a trade offer from Miami which would net me their 18th, 36th, and 50th selections. I took the deal in an instant. These are the results and I believe it is an AWESOME draft:

Round 1 - 18th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.DOY7Yba9jqKeArA-De3QBQHaE7&pid...=243&h=163]

Jaylen Mayfield - OT - Xichigan - 6'5" 320

I really like this selection and I see Mayfield as a day 1 starter and impact player at either OT position. I believe Mayfield is going to be a very good OT for a very long time in the NFL. He has the athletic ability to play either side and has cut his team against some very good Big 10 pass rushers and held up extremely well.

Round 2 - 36th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.2DK-DdEHBKIiE_au1KtMRQHaE7&pid...=255&h=170]

Levi Onwuzurike - DT - Washington - 6'3" 290

Unfortunately, I believe it is time to part company with Geno as he has never been able to fully come back to form from injuries. However, we find his replacement right here. Levi plays much like Geno with quick get off and outstanding leverage. Explosive as a pass rusher. One positive trait he has over Geno is longer arms which enable him to better keep blockers off of him. Plays in the backfield and should make for a good pairing with DJ Reader.

Round 2 - 38th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.KOPNY1av3GL_KIHu5aSRQQHaE7&pid...=243&h=163]

Terrace Marshall - WR - LSU - 6'3" 200

Marshall has shown that he can line up at any WR position and execute at a very high level. Marshall brings speed, size, quickness, strength, and ball skills to the position. Is going to be an outstanding addition to this cast of young receivers. What a trio with Higgins, Boyd, and Marshall.

Round 2 - 50th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.vUy31rqmB4P_NFWIYulfRwHaEd&pid...=265&h=161]

Liam Eichenberg - OT - 6'6" 305

If Eichenberg is still here then it should be a steal. Run to the podium with the card. Day 1 plug and play starter at LT. Liam  did not give up a sack in 2019. He has some struggles against Alabama but still did not surrender a sack against a top tier defensive front. He should only continue to develop under Frank Pollack. this selection allows Mayfield to play to his strength at RT and enables a move of Jonah Williams to the interior in an effort to have best 5 linemen on the field.

Round 3 - 69th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.AmNrfdL3GBJYZxTl-EfhrwHaEc&pid...=256&h=155]

Patrick Jones II - DE - Pittsburgh - 6'5" 260

Jones is about as developed as you can expect for a draft selection. Explosive pass rusher that is flirting with being elite. Not just a fast athlete but has the power to go with the speed. Needs to continue to develop against the run but not something that should be looked at as a weakness. Will be a really good addition to go with Lawson and Hubbard. Has the traits to develop into a premier rusher in the NFL.

Round 4 - 111th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.Ztb9iH4LseTXuZUp98vBwQHaEK&pid...=283&h=160]

Trill Williams - CB - Syracuse - 6'2" 198

Williams has played boundary and slot corner as well as safety so versatility is one thing he brings to the table. He is long and brings great size to the position. Fluid hips and probably projects best as an outside boundary corner at the NFL level. No real glaring weaknesses in his game at this point. One of my favorite selections in this draft. Should be an immediate impact player.

Round 5 - 150th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.I3yq3hSOSip1u12_d0tpZAHaFj&pid...=209&h=158]

Tre' McKitty - TE - Georgia - 6'4" 247

McKitty is not the biggest TE but he is a willing and able blocker but the strength of his game is his ability to create after the catch. While he never put up huge numbers at the collegiate level there was also questionable decisions in how he was used. The flashes show a weapon that a QB like Burrow should be able to use to exploit defenses.

Round 6 - 192nd overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.BiPxpfWJfCmZRaNa2238LwHaE8&pid...=230&h=154]

Alaric Jackson - OL - Iowa - 6'6' 315

Many have Jackson sliding with question about his overall athleticism even though he manned the LT position for Iowa. I believe Jackson could be a good RT at the NFL level but for the Bengals he easily moves into the RG position and provides a physical well coached fundamentally sound presence at the position. This selection rounds out the starting O line with Hopkins returning to the C position and Jonah Williams taking over at LG.

Round 7 - 231st overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.pIi230alEglAXgKyVdKg1gHaFF&pid...=266&h=183]

Jose Borregales - K - Miami; Fla - 5'10" 205

Very accurate with a pretty big leg. In 2020 he hit at a 90% rate with a long of 57. Make the job his on day 1 and don't look back.

Round 7 - 233rd overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.Itby2mXfgTRjpu0ruQvxZAHaEK&pid...=281&h=159]

Drue Chrisman - P - Ohio State

I am a Huber fan but it is time to get younger and drop salary at the position. Chrisman has been a very solid performer for the Buckeyes and should have no issues stepping into the job and being a steady presence from day 1.

A lot of good work in here but Sorry man gotta be honest I’m not a huge fan of the players u have selected in this draft and I feel like there’s better prospects at the position in which U selected them.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 10:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: A lot of good work in here but Sorry man gotta be honest I’m not a huge fan of the players u have selected in this draft and I feel like there’s better prospects at the position in which U selected them.

This was taken off a simulator not me just hypothetically stating who I would like to have available with each selection. These were selections made of players that were still on the board when I had the opportunity to make a selection. So while you may like a different player at a position or in a certain round that does not mean that the player you happen to like was available at the time of the selection.
Reply/Quote
The reason why I haven't mentioned Mayfield is that I didn't expect him to make it to us in the 2nd, with this trade we
still get a top OT while getting Levi and one of my other fave OT's in Eichenberg. Then getting Marshall and Patrick Jones?

Levi Onwuzurike is a guy I keep forgetting about, damn fine player to replace Geno, love that pick. With Levi and Patrick
our pass rush would be muchly improved immediately.

Love this Mock. Would be flying high with this, also must add that Mayfield fits the wide zone we are wanting to run.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 09:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: This was taken off a simulator not me just hypothetically stating who I would like to have available with each selection. These were selections made of players that were still on the board when I had the opportunity to make a selection. So while you may like a different player at a position or in a certain round that does not mean that the player you happen to like was available at the time of the selection.

Roger.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The reason why I haven't mentioned Mayfield is that I didn't expect him to make it to us in the 2nd, with this trade we
still get a top OT while getting Levi and one of my other fave OT's in Eichenberg. Then getting Marshall and Patrick Jones?

Levi Onwuzurike is a guy I keep forgetting about, damn fine player to replace Geno, love that pick. With Levi and Patrick
our pass rush would be muchly improved immediately.

Love this Mock. Would be flying high with this, also must add that Mayfield fits the wide zone we are wanting to run.

Thanks Nate for the kind words. I would be in hog heaven if we ended up with a haul close to this. I know many are dead set on having to get Chase or Sewell with the 5th pick I personally have to disagree. If there were ever a year to that matches our needs and is the perfect storm to trade back it is this year. This draft is very deep for the O line and we could help ourselves immensely by methodically trading down and compiling 2nd and 3rd round selections. 

Not sure about anyone else but I would really like to see an O line of:

LT - Eichenberg
LG - Jonah Williams
C - Hopkins
RG - Alaric Jackson
RT - Mayfield
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 08:36 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Thanks Nate for the kind words. I would be in hog heaven if we ended up with a haul close to this. I know many are dead set on having to get Chase or Sewell with the 5th pick I personally have to disagree. If there were ever a year to that matches our needs and is the perfect storm to trade back it is this year. This draft is very deep for the O line and we could help ourselves immensely by methodically trading down and compiling 2nd and 3rd round selections. 

LT - Eichenberg
LG - Jonah Williams
C - Hopkins
RG - Alaric Jackson
RT - Mayfield

How about it plays out?  OL...Sewell...Thuney...Linsley...fight it out..Williams?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 12:21 AM)spazz70 Wrote: How about it plays out?  OL...Sewell...Thuney...Linsley...fight it out..Williams?

I am fine with Thuney and Linsley but I would still trade back even if Sewell and Chase were on the board. They would actually make it easier to trade back. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 08:36 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Thanks Nate for the kind words. I would be in hog heaven if we ended up with a haul close to this. I know many are dead set on having to get Chase or Sewell with the 5th pick I personally have to disagree. If there were ever a year to that matches our needs and is the perfect storm to trade back it is this year. This draft is very deep for the O line and we could help ourselves immensely by methodically trading down and compiling 2nd and 3rd round selections. 

LT - Eichenberg
LG - Jonah Williams
C - Hopkins
RG - Alaric Jackson
RT - Mayfield

No problem bro.

Would love that as well, really like Alaric in the mid to late rounds if he lasts.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 12:21 AM)spazz70 Wrote: How about it plays out?  OL...Sewell...Thuney...Linsley...fight it out..Williams?

Love this even more honestly, I bring back Spain to fight it out with XSF for the RG spot.

Heard Hopkins will be ready for camp but I have heard this before and Price has been a bust so far.
Reply/Quote