Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Prez And Trade
Are we giving a free pass to the last administration for tearing up a bunch of trade agreements and being the best negotiator ever?

I've been listening to my lets go brandon rap song, recording fox news, newsmax, and oann. Running around with MTG, Gaetz, and Gym blaming Biden for people not working and a pandemic still impacting the world.

But I got to thinking. Did the last administration have anything to do with this mess?

I remember a time last year were oil reached total bottom. It no longer became who can we sell the oil to. It became who can we pay to hold our oil. However brief it was, something tells me oil companies were paying attention.

So am I right to blame Biden? How many of these trade deals has he negotiated? How many functional pipelines has he closed? Which way has unemployment gone under his lead?
Reply/Quote
Yes. Blame Biden. End of message.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Are we giving a free pass to the last administration for tearing up a bunch of trade agreements and being the best negotiator ever?

I've been listening to my lets go brandon rap song, recording fox news, newsmax, and oann. Running around with MTG, Gaetz, and Gym blaming Biden for people not working and a pandemic still impacting the world.

But I got to thinking. Did the last administration have anything to do with this mess?

I remember a time last year were oil reached total bottom. It no longer became who can we sell the oil to. It became who can we pay to hold our oil. However brief it was, something tells me oil companies were paying attention.

So am I right to blame Biden? How many of these trade deals has he negotiated? How many functional pipelines has he closed? Which way has unemployment gone under his lead?

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Of course most experts blame the last administration's lax response to the Covid-19 pandemic making things way worse than they should have been, causing Trump's administration to be the first with mores jobs lost than created since (I think) Truman.

Fwiw, the GDP has grown ~6.5% since Biden became president and - while the unemployment rate is still stupid high - the nation has made more jobs under his watch than his predecessor. Admittedly, I imagine a lot of those jobs are just people finally getting back to work in general as opposed to brand new jobs, but when you're recovering from a 15% unemployment rate you take what you can get.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. Blame Biden. End of message.

Fair enough, but im also going to blame Trump for creating a golden age so flimsy that it collapsed a month after he left office. 
Reply/Quote
A free pass how? He lost the election.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A free pass how?  He lost the election.

Suuuuuuuure he did.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A free pass how? He lost the election.

Then tried a coup to remain in power and still has the majority of the party suckling on his ball sack. But that’s a different story.

Ask almost any R right now why they have to pay more for something. If the #1 answer is covid what do you think the #2 answer would be?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 04:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Then tried a coup to remain in power and still has the majority of the party suckling on his ball sack. But that’s a different story.

Ask almost any R right now why they have to pay more for something. If the #1 answer is covid what do you think the #2 answer would be?

Regardless of what they say, I just tell them that this is a prime time to show everyone how hard work overcomes even the toughest odds.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 05:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Regardless of what they say, I just tell them that this is a prime time to show everyone how hard work overcomes even the toughest odds.  

Saggin ass bootstraps
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A free pass how?  He lost the election.

At least, that's what the MSM would have us believe. 

Heads up guys, Mike is spreading their narrative for them.
Reply/Quote
Much like with covid, the globe is feeling the pinch of unsustainable trade practices and Americans can't or won't think beyond whether D or R is to blame and how D or R will fix everything.

Or I could be wrong. Maybe a solid gold economy lies within a single American political party and requires little to no discipline on the part of consumers.
Reply/Quote

Much like any other time we switch leaders the effects of the last one still linger for awhile.

If Trump made errors in trade deals, harmed our relations with trade partners, etc then we would still be coming out from under that.  Especially if it was done early in his term.  A decision from 2017 would have three years plus of damage that can't be corrected simply by electing a new POTUS.

I think that is where the OP was going:  Trump made decisions that could have had a domino affect for years that have acerbated the problems we have now with supply chains and such.  

Of course I'm aware that the kneejerk reaction is to always blame the person currently in charge most of the time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 11:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Much like any other time we switch leaders the effects of the last one still linger for awhile.

If Trump made errors in trade deals, harmed our relations with trade partners, etc then we would still be coming out from under that.  Especially if it was done early in his term.  A decision from 2017 would have three years plus of damage that can't be corrected simply by electing a new POTUS.

I think that is where the OP was going:  Trump made decisions that could have had a domino affect for years that have acerbated the problems we have now with supply chains and such.  

Of course I'm aware that the kneejerk reaction is to always blame the person currently in charge most of the time.

Aren't we still reaping the asymmetrical fruits of Reaganomics?  If the economy were fair and not rigged to keep the rich rich and the poor poor we wouldn't have to come up with so many reasons why the outcomes we see are fair as hell, would we?

Or was it really a coincidence that Reagan and the neo-con moral majority came up with the idea of trickle-down simultaneously with their campaign to convince people that poor people were poor because of their own dumbass decisions? Two-pronged attack, or just me being butt-hurt? You decide.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 11:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Aren't we still reaping the asymmetrical fruits of Reaganomics?  If the economy were fair and not rigged to keep the rich rich and the poor poor we wouldn't have to come up with so many reasons why the outcomes we see are fair as hell, would we?

Or was it really a coincidence that Reagan and the neo-con moral majority came up with the idea of trickle-down simultaneously with their campaign to convince people that poor people were poor because of their own dumbass decisions?  Two-pronged attack, or just me being butt-hurt?  You decide.

Reagan's slashing of the tax rate (even though he raised it again later) and his economic policies have worked at eating away at this country for 40 years.  Especially in the last 20 since the GOP decided he was a saint that cannot be challenged.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote