Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Last Year, Many On Here Said Bengals Couldn't Win At Tennessee or Kansas City
Not everybody. Not everybody. But some of you remember all the negative posts about how Bengals didn't have a chance at Tennessee or Kansas City. Mostly because of the troubles the O Line had against Raiders D Line in that first play-off win.

So here we are a year later. Even though Bengals were ahead 3 weeks ago, you know some are going to rave about how great Buffalo is. The AFC Champion Bengals have shown me to not under estimate them. Heck, in Super Bowl and now on a 9 game winning streak.

So there will be The Sky Is Falling posts as last play-offs. The Bengals have a NO QUIT attitude. Blocking injuries like last year, but a Super Bowl
DEENSE and on Offense Passing and Running. I like the Coaching. Bengals often are a good 2nd half team, especially on DEFENSE.

I say AFC CHAMPION BENGALS have more than a chance on the road. I don't know if any Retro TV Fans out there, but Bengals are like a Richard Boone Western with Joe Burrow, ' Have Gun, Will Travel '.

GO BENGALS..... Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
In all fairness, I have been worried about playing in front of the Bills Mafia from the start of the season.

And I expected a win last year at Tennessee. And I thought the Bengals could win in Arrowhead last year. Indeed, in the Buffalo/KC game I was rooting for KC because the Bengals had beat KC a few weeks earlier. Some of us posters who had rooted for KC were raked over the proverbial coals when KC got ahead 21-3, and my faith did falter at that point, but the Bengals did win.

But Buffalo has always been the team I've been most worried about. This is why I circled the MNF game, because this was the chance for the Bengals to get a possible Divisional matchup at home, rather in front of that raucous Buffalo Mafia. Buffalo is a complete team, well-coached, were the consensus pick before the season to go to the Super Bowl, and only the loss of Von Miller has mitigated my concern. They've lost some ridiculous games, such as Allen fumbling away a sure win when he fumbled in the end zone, but we can't depend on turnovers.
Reply/Quote
The Bills are averaging 28 points scored per game and 18 points allowed per game.
The Bengals are averaging 26 points scored per game and 19 points allowed per game.

Bills
Scored 40+ points in 1/17 games (5.88%). They are 1-0 in those games.
Scored 30+ points in 8/17 games (47.06%). They are 7-1 in those games. They've scored 30+ points in their last 4 games.
Scored 20+ points in 6/17 games (35.29%). They are 6-0 in those games.
Scored 10+ points in 2/17 games (11.77%). They are 0-2 in those games.

Bengals
Scored 40+ points in 1/17 games (5.88%). They are 1-0 in those games.
Scored 30+ points in 4/17 games (23.53%). They are 4-0 in those games.
Scored 20+ points in 9/17 games (52.94%). They are 8-1 in those games. They've scored 20+ points in their last 3 games.
Scored 10+ points in 3/17 games (17.65%). They are 0-3 in those games.

Josh Allen
14 interceptions and 7 fumbles. Averaging 1.24 turnovers per game.

Joe Burrow
12 interceptions. Averaging 0.71 turnovers per game.

Long story short, they'll need to capitalize on whatever turnover opportunities Josh Allen gives them, and they will likely have to score more than 30 points to get the job done. What's concerning is that they've only been able to do that five times this year, and those were with a healthy offensive line. The Bills, meanwhile, have been more consistent at scoring 30+ points, and they'll be going up against a Bengals secondary without one of its key starters. The Bengals run game will likely be limited due to the patchwork o-line, so this forces them to be one dimensional on offense. Can Burrow, with the o-line the way that it is, win this game through the air with the Bills knowing that's what he'll have to do?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I feel much better going into Buffalo than I did playing the Rats at home simply because I don't think Buffalo will play us dirty.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 05:25 AM)kevin Wrote: Not everybody. Not everybody.  But some of you remember all the negative posts about how Bengals didn't have a chance at Tennessee or Kansas City.  Mostly because of the troubles the O Line had against Raiders D Line in that first play-off win.

So here we are a year later.  Even though Bengals were ahead 3 weeks ago, you know some are going to rave about how great Buffalo is.  The AFC Champion Bengals have shown me to not under estimate them.  Heck, in Super Bowl and now on a 9 game winning streak.  

So there will be The Sky Is Falling posts as last play-offs.  The Bengals have a NO QUIT attitude.  Blocking injuries like last year, but a Super Bowl
DEENSE and on Offense Passing and Running.  I like the Coaching.  Bengals often are a good 2nd half team, especially on DEFENSE.  

I say AFC CHAMPION BENGALS have more than a chance on the road.  I don't know if any Retro TV Fans out there, but Bengals are like a Richard Boone Western with Joe Burrow,  ' Have Gun, Will Travel '.

GO BENGALS..... Tiger  Tiger  Tiger  Tiger  Tiger
F**k the Bills, F**k the Chiefs... whoever sees it differently, well, you get the point! WhoDey
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Per ESPN

Bills Passing Offense - 7th
Bengals Passing Defense - 23rd

Bills Rushing Offense - 7th
Bengals Rushing Defense - 7th

Bills Points Scored - 2nd
Bengals Points Allowed - 6th
---------------------------------------------------
Bengals Passing Offense - 5th
Bills Passing Defense - 15th

Bengals Rushing Offense - 29th (YIKES)
Bills Rushing Defense - 5th

Bengals Points Scored - 7th
Bills Points Allowed - 2nd
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Bills have been giving up more points down the stretch than the Bengals have been. It’s going to be fun to watch, just hope for no turnovers and no implosions.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 08:46 AM)Nepa Wrote: In all fairness, I have been worried about playing in front of the Bills Mafia from the start of the season.

Dont worry. They only throw dildos when they play the Patriots.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dont worry. They only throw dildos when they play the Patriots.  Ninja

I almost forgot about them throwing a dildo at Brady. Points for the Bill's Mafia for that....
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dont worry. They only throw dildos when they play the Patriots.  Ninja

Yep, nothing says "Eat a bag of dikks" quite like a storm of dildos raining down upon the field.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I almost forgot about them throwing a dildo at Brady. Points for the Bill's Mafia for that....

I think that came from Gisele.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately the Bengal offensive and defensive staffs were royally pumped about their game plans and how the game started vs the Bills at PBS. I don’t know how much the Bills gleaned from the first game. When you get to this point in the playoffs it’s more about players making plays. Bates knocking Huntley out at the two. The last play and Hail Mary and the Bills receiver just misses it. Of course the Hubbard yard dash.

You can analyze the stats and the individual matchups to death. But these games IMO are more about big time players making big time plays. But there’s one area that I think comes into play and that’s our linebacker play. Allen is going to fumble Sunday.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 10:40 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Bengals Rushing Offense - 29th (YIKES)
Bills Rushing Defense - 5th

I want to blame this on Mixon but we've beaten that dead horse in other threads. I do think going forward we need more split back formations since our line is weakened. If our run game is our weakness than doing so we turn it into a strength and protect Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I almost forgot about them throwing a dildo at Brady. Points for the Bill's Mafia for that....

No.  No points for anyone throwing anything on the field.  You don't live in Cleveland.  They were throwing snowballs on the field at one of the games earlier this year and I felt that fanbros connection starting to slip away.

Fortunately our crowd doesn't know to shut up when the offense is on the field so they're accustomed to a noisy environment.  I don't worry about Burrow.  He loves stealing team's souls in front of their home crowd.  But the noise could be a factor for our makeshift Oline.
Reply/Quote
Last year I wasn't sure we could win in Buffalo or KC. Then we won in KC. Now I'm sure we can win in Buffalo.

I'm a simple, simple man.
Reply/Quote
No matter how you slice it

They still got to play us Tiger

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote