Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Last comments on Raider victory
I know it has become a running joke to claim that every game every week defines Taylor, But that win against the Raiders really was huge.

We were coming off the bye. If we lose our third in a row to a struggling Raider team (5-5 on 2 game losing streak) I don't have much hope for us getting the wheels back on the bus.

Instead we not only win, but we win big, We win on the road 2 time zones away. And we win against a direct competitor for a playoff spot in the AFC.

Before Thursday's game I really thought the Raiders were going to pull their usual swoon and finish without a winning record for the 5th straight year. So I did not consider it a HUGE win. But when I thought about how devastating a loss would have been it really was potentially a season saving victory.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know it has become a running joke to claim that every game every week defines Taylor, But that win against the Raiders really was huge.

We were coming off the bye.  If we lose our third in a row to a struggling Raider team (5-5 on 2 game losing streak) I don't have much hope for us getting the wheels back on the bus.

Instead we not only win, but we win big, We win on the road 2 time zones away.  And we win against a direct competitor for a playoff spot in the AFC.

Before Thursday's game I really thought the Raiders were going to pull their usual swoon and finish without a winning record for the 5th straight year.  So I did not consider it a HUGE win.  But when I thought about how devastating a loss would have been it really was potentially a season saving victory.

I totally agree.  In principle there counselor.  Had we lost against the Raiders I think I would have been done with him.  I still saw some questionable play calls.  But.  I have to admit that I saw a fairly well coached game.  So with that being said, I agree the win was huge, and a loss would have been devastating, I'm still a little...skeptical.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know it has become a running joke to claim that every game every week defines Taylor, But that win against the Raiders really was huge.

We were coming off the bye. If we lose our third in a row to a struggling Raider team (5-5 on 2 game losing streak) I don't have much hope for us getting the wheels back on the bus.

Instead we not only win, but we win big, We win on the road 2 time zones away. And we win against a direct competitor for a playoff spot in the AFC.

Before Thursday's game I really thought the Raiders were going to pull their usual swoon and finish without a winning record for the 5th straight year. So I did not consider it a HUGE win. But when I thought about how devastating a loss would have been it really was potentially a season saving victory.

Then they went on the road and beat a 7-3 Cowboys team. It made our win feel a little more impressive to me.
Reply/Quote
Too much football to be played yet, but I will say if that game was a loss there would be no hope from the fans moving forward. Empty stadium guaranteed the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:31 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I totally agree.  In principle there counselor.  Had we lost against the Raiders I think I would have been done with him.  I still saw some questionable play calls.  But.  I have to admit that I saw a fairly well coached game.  So with that being said, I agree the win was huge, and a loss would have been devastating, I'm still a little...skeptical.

Unfortunately for Zac, his teams performance in year 1 and 2 has led us to all be skeptical even after what looks to be a promising roster and 2021 season. Any loss can throw him back to the wolves so to speak. We keep claiming the next game is a huge game, because every game IS a huge game since ZT has put himself in this position. He needs to win this week as well otherwise back to answering to the angry mob… he is in a bit of a Frankenstein situation lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 10:18 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Unfortunately for Zac, his teams performance in year 1 and 2 has led us to all be skeptical even after what looks to be a promising roster and 2021 season. Any loss can throw him back to the wolves so to speak. We keep claiming the next game is a huge game, because every game IS a huge game since ZT has put himself in this position. He needs to win this week as well otherwise back to answering to the angry mob… he is in a bit of a Frankenstein situation lol.

Not all..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I think Taylor's speech to the team before the game, pointing out that every team in the NFL has 2-game losing stretches now and then, and to just move forward with the system and play the way they can, was a good speech at a good time.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 10:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not all..... Hilarious

Majority? Lol not sure I get your point.
Reply/Quote
Compelling.

Fire Zac Taylor.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

We were coming off the bye.  If we lose our third in a row to a struggling Raider team (5-5 on 2 game losing streak) I don't have much hope for us getting the wheels back on the bus.

Instead we not only win, but we win big, We win on the road 2 time zones away.  And we win against a direct competitor for a playoff spot in the AFC.

Before Thursday's game I really thought the Raiders were going to pull their usual swoon and finish without a winning record for the 5th straight year.  So I did not consider it a HUGE win.  But when I thought about how devastating a loss would have been it really was potentially a season saving victory.

Agreed on all points, and I will add that I really liked the WAY they won.  They adjusted to what a Raider defense was doing and didn't force it in to bad situations.  I know Burrow was probably annoyed at 148 yards passing, but he did the right thing and played pretty much mistake free football.  They won the turnover battle, which they lost 3-0 to the Browns.  

I think the fact that the offense kept such a significant time of possession advantage will also help the defense against the steelers this week.  They only had 44 snaps!  That is outstanding.  The steeler's defense had 76 snaps against the Chargers, and there were an additional 30 snaps on special teams.  That's a lot more load than Cincy had, and in a long season and even week-to-week, that matters. 

I am SO EXCITED for the Bengals to win this game and take a big step toward possibly winning the division and making the playoffs.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 10:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Then they went on the road and beat a 7-3 Cowboys team. It made our win feel a little more impressive to me.

A Cowboys team without they're top 2 receivers and Zeke being limited. But it was impressive what the defense did against the Raiders as the Cowboys are no slouch on defense and Waller left the game as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 10:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not all..... Hilarious

Anyone not skeptical about a coach with the worst record in NFL history does not live in reality.
Reply/Quote
So did we win this game or did the Raiders lose it?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone not skeptical about a coach with the worst record in NFL history does not live in reality.

Actually he is 156 if your aren’t adding any qualifiers and just going by winning percentage as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:57 PM)Interceptor Wrote: So did we win this game or did the Raiders lose it?

Yes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
To the topic, that was a quality win as much as people wanted to act like the Raiders weren’t a good team. They will be in the hunt for a wildcard birth and that win will matter.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone not skeptical about a coach with the worst record in NFL history does not live in reality.

Some of us saw his potential and realized it takes time....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 02:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of us saw his potential and realized it takes time....

There was no potential to see.

I don't doubt you had hope, but don't try to act like there was anything about his resume or his results that indicated he would ever be a successful NFL head coach.

And spare me the pap about "the player buying in".  I can post quotes from players supporting the worst coaches ever.  That is just what most players do.
Reply/Quote
Great win... but winning this week (3 straight over Pitt) it's going to take an arm and a leg to can Zac Taylor over those results.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:25 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: A Cowboys team without they're top 2 receivers and Zeke being limited. But it was impressive what the defense did against the Raiders as the Cowboys are no slouch on defense and Waller left the game as well.

Missing the WR’s hurt, but Elliott has been thoroughly outplayed by Tony Pollard this year. The Cowboys would be arguably better making Pollard 1A and Elliott 1B.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote