Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft a Kicker
I do think we need to draft a kicker, at times a forgotten position that can have a major impact on W/L in the end.

What round would you look for a kicker and what kicker would you target.

I like Borregales from Miami with 6th round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4mtcz2mxfzp61.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 03:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 4mtcz2mxfzp61.jpg]

From the angle, i bet he boots that holder right through the uprights.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 03:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: From the angle, i bet he boots that holder right through the uprights.

This dude told Fat Randy to hold his beer. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
I would think they're planning to draft a K late in the draft.
I can't imagine they'd feel comfortable going into the season with Seibert.
Ya gotta at least give him some competition.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 03:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This dude told Fat Randy to hold his beer. Big Grin

Can he play guard too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 03:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 4mtcz2mxfzp61.jpg]

(04-05-2021, 03:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: From the angle, i bet he boots that holder right through the uprights.

(04-05-2021, 03:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This dude told Fat Randy to hold his beer. Big Grin

So... wait... we can draft a kicker that can block all at one time!??! 

This is the type of solution we've needed for years! That is a guard and a kicker!!!

In all seriousness, is that guy in the draft, cause I want to see him make an NFL roster!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He is; went to Central Arizona St. or Southern Arizona St. Something like that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 05:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He is; went to Central Arizona St. or Southern Arizona St. Something like that.

Arizona Christian University. ThumbsUp

5' 5", 285lb kicker. Manny Higuera.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We have two 6th round picks. I'd say 5th/6th on the top kicker. We picked a kicker recently (kid from Memphis) then kept Randy over him.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 05:57 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We have two 6th round picks. I'd say 5th/6th on the top kicker. We picked a kicker recently (kid from Memphis) then kept Randy over him.

Jake Elliot.

Whom, aside from the 61-yarder in his 2nd ever game, has been one of the lower-rung kickers in the league.

Not that stellar at all.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Donald De La Haye

He is a youtuber who lost his scholarship because he was making money off his videos. I'm really rooting for him to make it in the NFL; what the NCAA does should be illegal they make millions and millions off their athletes and don't pay them a cent.

He runs a 4.53 & he can punt too

Here's some links for some info on him.

His youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4mLlRa_dezwvytudo9s1sw

Pat McAfee's stamp of approval - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDFw9Rb2R5c

Combine workout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGIt5q5JNU

Him just making kicks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeVe1ywN2E
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 05:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Arizona Christian University. ThumbsUp

5' 5", 285lb kicker. Manny Higuera.

Just became my 2nd favorite player in this draft!!  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I've always wondered why kicker/punter players weren't more of a thing. With the way that other positions are asked to multitask and have evolved over time, it just feels like we're overdue for a great punter/kicker combo player to come along. 
Reply/Quote
I'm torn about this- well, as torn as can be about a Day 3. There are really only three Ks that could get taken this year: Borregales (above), McPherson (Florida) and Patterson (Memphis).

Borregales' form is butt-ugly. I hate line drives. They'll get swatted at the next level and we'll be fixing him on the fly, which is as easy as changing the oil at full speed on the highway. As for Patterson, you know how we do with kickers from Memphis. So it's almost McPherson by default. His form is excellent and he has great arc but he's just not our style... we don't need a tropical export beach boy. We need a cold-weather single dad lumberjack and/or a customer from the Mickey D's drive-thru like Randy. lol

Is there no one in Canada with a big foot? Mike Vanderjagt 2.0? Free agent from UEFA, maybe? The market seems so dry.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 08:56 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I've always wondered why kicker/punter players weren't more of a thing. With the way that other positions are asked to multitask and have evolved over time, it just feels like we're overdue for a great punter/kicker combo player to come along. 

Screw that. I'd rather have a guy like Tom Tupa (but better). Never know if it's going to be a fake on a punt or if he's going to pooch kick on a 4th down. Also always a threat to fake it on FGs since the punter is usually the holder.
Reply/Quote