Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last nights game
What did you guys think of how the Packers looked if you don't mind me asking? I hope you cream Seattle.
Reply/Quote
A W is a W. Looked good on defense.
Reply/Quote
Anyone think we have a shot to win the division?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A W is a W. Looked good on defense.

Defense is revamped and looked great

They did enough against maybe the best defense in the NFL in 2019

I think they got a huge road win against the 2018 division champ Bears so great night for GB fans and start to 2019
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Packers beat the Bears in week 1 last week and the Packers ended up winning 6 games and the Bears won 12, so who knows. Neither Trubisky nor Rodgers threw a single pass in the pre-season so right now it looks like that was detrimental, but we will have to see how other teams fare.
Reply/Quote
Defense looks like it could be legit. Rogers made some good plays but looked rusty as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Defense is revamped and looked great

They did enough against maybe the best defense in the NFL in 2019

I think they got a huge road win against the 2018 division champ Bears so great night for GB fans and start to 2019

Agreed! Good road win inside of their division. 

I was only able to catch the second half. One thing that I did notice was GBs play calling. They will need to work on that. 
One play in particular stands out to me. They pulled all of the olineman right, rolled AR left, and brought a wr across in motion expecting him to block the right DE. Needless to say it ended up n a sack for Da Bears! 

Not sure what happened? It was ugly. Play calling like that will lead to one of two things; either AR gets injured, or he starts calling his own plays.
Reply/Quote
Not entertaining (at all) to watch if you had no dog in the fight, but it was a huge W for GB. Going on the road and getting a win like that is fantastic.

Offense was facing one of the best defenses in the league on their turf, and your D shut them down completely. Tough to say if that was more CHI's offense being lousy (Trubisky is saggy boobs) or GB's D just being really good - perhaps both. Either way, you should be thrilled.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:01 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Not entertaining (at all) to watch if you had no dog in the fight, but it was a huge W for GB. Going on the road and getting a win like that is fantastic.

Offense was facing one of the best defenses in the league on their turf, and your D shut them down completely. Tough to say if that was more CHI's offense being lousy (Trubisky is saggy boobs) or GB's D just being really good - perhaps both. Either way, you should be thrilled.

Pretty crazy how Green Bay's schedule worked out, too... 5 of the next 6 at home? They should be off to a good start after last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:02 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Pretty crazy how Green Bay's schedule worked out, too... 5 of the next 6 at home? They should be off to a good start after last night.

I'd say they're early divisional favorites. Especially if that D is as legit as it looked.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
D played well, PB, your immensely overrated oline got demolished (yes, I know, they faced Chicago... And Bakhtiari is a POS; EVERYONE on that oline was top 13 on PFF last year and they were awful) and Rodgers did well with what he could.

I saw no hard count shenanigans like he usually does though, which was weird.

Also, Harrison criticised Nagy for how he coached yesterday, but I thought LaFleur did VERY poorly;

- constant Delay of Games
- Too many penalties
- His timeout management was even worse than Marvin Lewis (though I never though he was THAT bad, compared to everyone else here)
- That was a horrid challenge on the PI; I agree it could be argued, but you were already down a timeout and it wasn't like it was a back-breaking play either.

Hopefully he shakes off the rust and can get some good things going for you guys; the NFC North is one division where I really don't mind who wins, so its always good to watch!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: D played well, PB, your immensely overrated oline got demolished (yes, I know, they faced Chicago... And Bakhtiari is a POS; EVERYONE on that oline was top 13 on PFF last year and they were awful) and Rodgers did well with what he could.

Also, Harrison criticised Nagy for how he coached yesterday, but I thought LaFleur did VERY poorly;

- Too many penalties
- His timeout management was even worse than Marvin Lewis (though I never though he was THAT bad, compared to everyone else here)
- That was a horrid challenge on the PI; I agree it could be argued, but you were already down a timeout and it wasn't like it was a back-breaking play either.

Hopefully he shakes off the rust and can get some good things going for you guys; the NFC North is one division where I really don't mind who wins, so its always good to watch!

Truck long time no see. I think the additions of Preston Smith and Za Darius Smith really helped our defense a lot.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: D played well, PB, your immensely overrated oline got demolished (yes, I know, they faced Chicago... And Bakhtiari is a POS; EVERYONE on that oline was top 13 on PFF last year and they were awful) and Rodgers did well with what he could.

- Too many penalties

NFL changed the rules, a QB can no longer use animation like clapping for example so the guys who got way with it in the past like Rodgers lost one of their weapons in 2019 to gain yardage while clock is stopped creating better down and distance or first downs that keep drives alive.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:31 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Truck long time no see. I think the additions of Preston Smith and Za Darius Smith really helped our defense a lot.

Indeed!

And yeah, they're both great; Preston is awesome and I still find it funny when Stooler fans think Dupree is better than Zadarius.

(09-06-2019, 12:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: NFL changed the rules, a QB can no longer use animation like clapping for example so the guys who got way with it in the past like Rodgers lost one of their weapons in 2019 to gain yardage while clock is stopped creating better down and distance or first downs that keep drives alive.

Rodgers never clapped his hands; it was all yelling, "hut!," in different tones of voice and at different speeds, etc.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:02 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Pretty crazy how Green Bay's schedule worked out, too... 5 of the next 6 at home? They should be off to a good start after last night.

Opening on a Thursday is also a huge benefit.

During the season a Thursday game sucks because it is only about 100 hours after the end of your last game.  But playing a Thursday game on opening night is almost like getting an early bye week.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 01:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed!

And yeah, they're both great; Preston is awesome and I still find it funny when Stooler fans think Dupree is better than Zadarius.

Rodgers never clapped his hands; it was all yelling, "hut!," in different tones of voice and at different speeds, etc.

Also, now illegal

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:47 AM)packerbacker Wrote: What did you guys think of how the Packers looked if you don't mind me asking? I hope you cream Seattle.

Good Defense and really hurt your rival on the road. Not more than you can ask for honestly.

Rodgers and the Offense will come around.
Reply/Quote
Aaron Jones is dead to me right now...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I shake my head about the new offensive holding rule.
I already thought NFL called too many holding penalties as it is, but now it's going to be so much worse.

Quote:OFFENSIVE HOLDING
Offensive holding will be more strictly enforced this season, particularly on the back side of the run play or line of scrimmage. Referees will closely monitor play at the line of scrimmage to ensure that offensive players do not materially restrict opponents or alter the defender’s path or angle of pursuit.

Material restrictions include but are not limited to:

grabbing or tackling an opponent
hooking, jerking, twisting, or turning him
pulling him to the ground.
https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-rules-changes-and-points-of-emphasis/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I shake my head about the new offensive holding rule.
I already thought NFL called too many holding penalties as it is, but now it's going to be so much worse.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-rules-changes-and-points-of-emphasis/

They should factor in if the hold impacted a play in my opinion too and not call it when it doesn't.
Reply/Quote