Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last nights game
Defense and Offense didn't look very good last night! But,this is just preseason thank god it doesn't count!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 06:54 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Defense and Offense didn't look very good last night! But,this is just preseason thank god it doesn't count!

Yea, not looking good but you are right it is preseason.  I think once the season starts things will settle in a bit and see where we are in a few games in.  
Reply/Quote
Sitting there it felt like I'd been invited to a kicking competition where some accidental football happened to break out.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It's preseason where around half of the players will never make NFL rosters after week 2..well,  maybe less than half, but a bunch won't go on to great NFL careers. Several will never be on this or any other team so it's when the chaff is separated from the wheat.. Nothing to worry about yet.. Wait to see if Baltimore lays a woopin on them then panic, but I think they're going to be better..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As long as our Online looks that flaccid, we're not going to do well putting up points. The D will get worn down because we can't get it up and keep it up to sustain drives, and we'll end up losing a lot of games in the 2d half.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 01:20 AM)Shady Wrote: As long as our Online looks that flaccid, we're not going to do well putting up points. The D will get worn down because we can't get it up and keep it up to sustain drives, and we'll end up losing a lot of games in the 2d half.

Have seen that a slew of times over the years. 

Hopefully they get it worked out. But we all know there is no back up plan with O-line and it is sink or swim with them.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I do not consider it a bad performance with 1st team offense.. we scored 2 out of the 3 drives.. so we moved the ball.. the issue was we did not score TDS... we are going to get some pressure,,, Andy the veteran that he is moved around the pocket, we also threw the ball downfield for some nice gains.. running game was up and down.. but Hill who had majority of carries with 1st team avg. 4.7 YPC.. how do we not love that
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 10:58 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I do not consider it a bad performance with 1st team offense.. we scored 2 out of the 3 drives.. so we moved the ball.. the issue was we did not score TDS... we are going to get some pressure,,, Andy the veteran that he is moved around the pocket, we also threw the ball downfield for some nice gains.. running game was up and down.. but Hill who had majority of carries with 1st team avg. 4.7  YPC.. how do we not love that

Yes, exactly. The Bengals had a big weakness last year of scoring in the red zone. I figured the Bengals would have improved in that area this year, but it doesn't appear to be so (yet).
If they can't convert some of those FGs to TDs instead, this will be a losing season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote