Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last one I swear...
Ok, probably the least sexiest mock, but it fills our needs nicely. I'll be honest i'm pretty pleased with it, but I honestly couldn't care less about guys taken after the 5th round.

Note: I used First-Pick and didn't take a trade in the first. Even though the Carolina offer was pretty tempting I decided just to go with 21 and fill an immediate need.

Round 1

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

***Probably everyone's dream pick. I don't think he falls to us forcing us to trade down even farther in the first. Regardless he's the day one starter at RT. I think with the uncertainty of Fisher's health and if he's available at 21, then they run to the podium. I think Baltimore takes him at 18 though. If McGlinchey isn't there I hope they just pull the trigger for Daniels.

Round 2

Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas

***Argued as the top center in the draft, but yet somehow he's there at 46. I dont know which rankings this simulator uses, but im not passing up on Ragnow at this spot. Bam! another glaring need filled. I dont think the Bengals can get away with not taking a Center in the first or second round this year. I honestly believe in my heart of hearts they are going to blunder this up by not taking Daniels in round one, hoping that one of the top three guys will be there at 46, which they wont be. Then were revisiting Bodine all over again. The top three centers in this draft are home runs in my opinion and you cant pass up on them.

Round 3

Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech

***Probably my favorite pick. Big disruptive guy to line up alongside Geno Atkins. Could probably sit behind and fill in for Baker this year then eventually find himself starting along Geno. The Bengals love that big gap filling nose tackle and thats what they'll get with Settle.

Round 3

Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

***Reliable slot corner and insurance if this team decides not to pick up Dennard's option, which i think they will, but Dawson provides good depth.

Round 4

Fred Warner, OLB, BYU

***Warner is a play making linebacker, something we've lacked for a while. Finally we have a linebacker that can force some turnovers. Needs to polish up his tackling a little, but thats fixable.

Round 5

Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State

***I think everyone is forgetting that we are going into 2018 with Mixon/Gio as our backs, and I dont want to hear anything about Peerman. Cedric doesnt belong anywhere besides on Special Teams, and we need to move on from him. Ballage gives us a 3rd RB who can catch well, special teams guy, and a guy who could come in on goal line situations to get tough yardage.

Round 5

Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

***Come on, did you really think theyre ok with going into 2018 with Driskel and Barkley backing up Dalton? The way they claimed they "valued" AJ McCarron so much should say that they are taking a QB this year. Falk seems like a nice prospect that can hold a clipboard, and not to mention Driskel probably isnt going to be ready for camp.

Round 5

Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane

***Small school guy who got some hype, and we love drafting corners. Could fill in nicely in place of Pacman.

Round 7

Marquez Valdes, WR, USF *** Special team guy
Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn *** We draft another kicker to lose a job to Fat Randy.
Grant Dooley, OLB, Wisconsin ***Special team guy
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote