Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last time we played in Atlanta
Since this game was from '10 I had blanked it from my memory, but it was really a wild one.

Falcons were a very good team that year (13-3) and took a 24-3 lead into halftime. Falcons fall apart in third quarter. Offense only makes one first down and has two turnovers. Bengals offense gains over 200 yards as we score 22 straight points (3 td, FG, 1-3 on extra points) to take 25-24 lead. Falcons come back in 4th to grind out a 39-32 win.

Palmer and Ryan combine for 60 completions, 712 yards, 6 tds.

Roddy White had 11 receptions for 201 yds. Michael Turner rushed for 121 yds and 2 tds.

Bengals receivers Shipley, Johnson, and Owens combine for 25 receptions, 322 yds, and 3 tds.
Reply/Quote
Ahh Jordan Shipley...what could have been.
Reply/Quote
Was that the game where Pacman injured his neck?

EDIT: Yep, found it.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/10/26/1776019/done-for-the-season-bengals-place-adam-jones-on-injured-reserve

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 02:25 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Ahh Jordan Shipley...what could have been.

And Pollack, Thurman, Henry, Perry and Irons...
Reply/Quote
PacMan returned a fumble I think for a TD in that game
Reply/Quote
We played them in 2014. Bengals handled them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We are going to rip them to shreds. Tiger vs. Bird. You make the call. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 06:52 PM)jason Wrote: We played them in 2014. Bengals handled them.

Yes, this one is much more applicable to where the two teams are now....

Remember a beautiful bomb from Dalton to Green in this one. One guy on here used to have it as his sig.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 07:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are going to rip them to shreds. Tiger vs. Bird. You make the call. Hilarious

Taking the Tiger all day

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Gio better have a monster day. Atl has sucked (dead last) the last 3 years (and this season as well) at stopping Pass catching RB's and missing 3-4 starters on their Defense??
We should eat them alive.
Reply/Quote
Baltimore kicking the Steelers ass will be a plus to our victory over falcons.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 07:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Taking the Tiger all day

[Image: source.gif]

Reply/Quote
**** I remember that game. My brother was taken from us the night before.

**** that weekend.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 09:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Baltimore kicking the Steelers ass will be a plus to our victory over falcons.

Good Dog!  

There is nothing more enjoyable than having a win under our belt and being able to watch those bastards lose in the late game.  

I remember one Ravens/steelers game years ago that I had on TIVO (remember those?) and Piggy got sacked about 5 times, and took a TON of hits.  The hits were outstanding (and would be penalties now  Cry).  Piggy got hit one way, and while flying backward another Ratbird smoked him from the side and you saw Piggy's face make that Roger Dorn in Major League II face when he got drilled in the back (oh, God!).

I had that game on there for years and would watch it from time to time.  A little sick how much I enjoyed it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 02:25 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Ahh Jordan Shipley...what could have been.

Alex Erickson is the modern day version.

On a side note. Watching how the rams run plays and have creative scheme's makes me cry when i think how we could emulate the same thing with Ross & Erickson.  
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 07:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good Dog!  

There is nothing more enjoyable than having a win under our belt and being able to watch those bastards lose in the late game.  

I remember one Ravens/steelers game years ago that I had on TIVO (remember those?) and Piggy got sacked about 5 times, and took a TON of hits.  The hits were outstanding (and would be penalties now  Cry).  Piggy got hit one way, and while flying backward another Ratbird smoked him from the side and you saw Piggy's face make that Roger Dorn in Major League II face when he got drilled in the back (oh, God!).

I had that game on there for years and would watch it from time to time.  A little sick how much I enjoyed it.  

It is actually understandable with how much some of us hate those dooshbags. Mellow

(09-28-2018, 11:50 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Alex Erickson is the modern day version.

On a side note. Watching how the rams run plays and have creative scheme's makes me cry when i think how we could emulate the same thing with Ross & Erickson.  

Lazor seems to be calling games much better this season. Hope he gets somewhat as good as McVay.

That would be awesome if these weapons can come along. We have a much younger O-line than the Rams.

Think we will get better on both sides of the ball this season and this game in Atlanta might really give our O confidence.

Lets go score 40+ on these dirty birds.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 11:50 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Alex Erickson is the modern day version.

The only thing Erickson has in common with Shipley is skin color.

Shipley was a 3rd round pick who had 52 receptions his rookie season before his career was ruined by injury.

Erickson was an undrafted free agent who won't have 52 receptions in his entire NFL career.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only thing Erickson has in common with Shipley is skin color.

Shipley was a 3rd round pick who had 52 receptions his rookie season before his career was ruined by injury.

Erickson was an undrafted free agent who won't have 52 receptions in his entire NFL career.

Cant compare a white receiver with another white receiver without being accused of nonsense like above. I was well aware of production and draft status differences due to various factors. I just meant as in style of play. But hey ho.
Reply/Quote