Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last week we said "it was the Raiders"
(09-21-2015, 01:35 AM)type_stripe Wrote: Whoa whoa. Take it all one week at a time and enjoy the ride. You can't get in the playoffs without the regular season. Nothing wrong with being ecstatic about the wins that will get you there. Just relax, bud.  ThumbsUp

I'm totally excited about the wins and all but I feel fans get too cocky and have short term memory. We've lost 4 consecutive playoffs in a row but reading some of these posts you would think we were defending champs. Wins against OAK and SD are great and all, but they're not really an accurate gauge of a successful team.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:35 AM)Fresno B Wrote: I'm totally excited about the wins and all but I feel fans get too cocky and have short term memory. We've lost 4 consecutive playoffs in a row but reading some of these posts you would think we were defending champs. Wins against OAK and SD are great and all, but they're not really an accurate gauge of a successful team.

We have lost the last 4 playoff games, but this team is totally different from the teams we have had in the past. The first two years our offense was not even remotely close to what it is now. The 3rd year we had a lot of injuries, but we still should have won the game. The 4th year our top 4 receivers were hurt, Plus Geno wasn't even close to 100%, and Burfict was out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:38 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We have lost the last 4 playoff games, but this team is totally different from the teams we have had in the past. The first two years our offense was not even remotely close to what it is now. The 3rd year we had a lot of injuries, but we still should have won the game. The 4th year our top 4 receivers were hurt, Plus Geno wasn't even close to 100%, and Burfict was out.

But none of that was said at the beginning of those seasons. It was always " but this year is different" for whatever legit or non legit reason. But this season I feel we get over the hump......I just wouldn't put my money on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:48 AM)Fresno B Wrote: But none of that was said at the beginning of those seasons. It was always " but this year is different" for whatever legit or non legit reason. But this season I feel we get over the hump......I just wouldn't put my money on it.

We actually have receivers, and a run game. We have never had even remotely close to these weapons before. The defense is looking really good right now, and will look elite once Burfict comes back. Stop being a pessimist, and actually look at the positives that this team has right now. We are easily one of the best teams in the league right now, and could possibly be the best team.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:58 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Calm down. We won 2 games in a row, which isn't special. Holler at me when the postseason arrives.

Why not stop posting until then? :blush:
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:32 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Thank you. You make Bengal fans look ridiculous bragging about 2 games. Act like you won something before.

Man, it must suck being a fan of football who hates seeing their team win.

If you perceived my post as cockiness, I'd be interested to hear what you don't find cocky. It was merely a statement of affirmation that our team is, in fact, a good team despite detractors saying last week was just because of the Raiders.

Those just Raiders beat a supposedly good team in Baltimore and we beat a team that many have going to the playoffs.

I suggest you dig deep and get your head out of your ass. It must smell terrible down there.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:29 PM)djam Wrote: If we can stay a little healthier this year, I think we can win in the playoffs. Last year was a bummer but losing who all we did, was just too much to overcome. With a healthier team the Chargers would've went down imo.

Good game today. We look legit, period.

I agree, the Bengals playoff team last year was decimated by injuries. It says a lot that they even made the playoffs!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:59 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We actually have receivers, and a run game. We have never had even remotely close to these weapons before. The defense is looking really good right now, and will look elite once Burfict comes back. Stop being a pessimist, and actually look at the positives that this team has right now. We are easily one of the best teams in the league right now, and could possibly be the best team.

We never had close to these weapons before? Who is new? I wasn't aware of any new players. Maybe you see good QB play and perceive it as new weapons? Anyhow, being a pessimist should be quite normal as a bengal fan. It's not like we've ever won anything. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why not stop posting until then? :blush:

Typical loser Winer sentiment. I'll post as I please. Don't try to take away my privilege because I didn't say what you wanted to hear. Deal with it and debate. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:23 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Typical loser Winer sentiment. I'll post as I please. Don't try to take away my privilege because I didn't say what you wanted to hear. Deal with it and debate.  Yawn

Typical moron post.  Can't even spell whine when that is what really seems to make him happy.  What I want to hear isn't the issue here.  The sad thing is (if you are truly a Bengal fan) that you would rather wallow in misery than embrace what has been a very good start to the season.  I don't need to hear you praise the team, coaches, organization, etc.  I just feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy where the Bengals sit as of right now.

I have wasted my time trying to overcome people's negative perceptions about this team's lack of success in the postseason for too long.  If someone is just resolved to "they will be one and done anyway", then I won't bother.  I see (finally!) the full complement healthy, and working together.  This is the team I have been waiting for ever since the quitter left. 

I see what I didn't see in the 2005 Bengals:  balance.  This team can beat you with the run or pass.  They can beat you with defense.  They will make plays on special teams (often taken for granted).  This team is going to be special.  Enjoy the next several months of your self-imposed skepticism.  I will be enjoying every minute of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:15 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Man, it must suck being a fan of football who hates seeing their team win.

If you perceived my post as cockiness, I'd be interested to hear what you don't find cocky. It was merely a statement of affirmation that our team is, in fact, a good team despite detractors saying last week was just because of the Raiders.

Those just Raiders beat a supposedly good team in Baltimore and we beat a team that many have going to the playoffs.

I suggest you dig deep and get your head out of your ass. It must smell terrible down there.

That last jab was totally uncalled for and goes to show folks your character flaws. You suck as a bengal fan. I'm pretty sure a lot of old timers aren't re registering because of exactly this type of behavior. Sick
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:35 AM)Fresno B Wrote: That last jab was totally uncalled for and goes to show folks your character flaws. You suck as a bengal fan. I'm pretty sure a lot of old timers aren't re registering because of exactly this type of behavior. Sick

You're right.

I totally started the disrespect in this exchange. You didn't come in and just shit all over the thread from your very first post...

Get off your soapbox and enjoy the Bengals.

Or just leave the boards.

Or enjoy people calling you an idiot.

Those are your 3 basic options.

I'm not sure who the old timers are that you're referring to, but I'm sure your lack of respect to begin with would fall into the exact same category of behavior.

And this is the part where I re-iterate the last sentence of my last post.

Have a lovely day.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:32 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Thank you. You make Bengal fans look ridiculous bragging about 2 games. Act like you won something before.

(09-21-2015, 12:34 AM)Fresno B Wrote: When 2 games become the regular season, holler. Until then act like you won something before. Ninja

Wow a fresh troll for our forums.  How lovely.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:23 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Typical loser Winer sentiment. I'll post as I please. Don't try to take away my privilege because I didn't say what you wanted to hear. Deal with it and debate.  Yawn

There's a difference between debating and trying to incite.  I think we know which one of those you're doing.

You don't want to enjoy a nice win, that's your business.  You've clearly made your point repeatedly.  If you have any character you'll leave it at that and move on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:29 AM)Stewy Wrote: Wow a fresh troll for our forums.  How lovely.

Fresno aint Fresh lol
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:49 PM)barkerja Wrote: There's no question the Bengals have been a good team for many years now. But people won't truly start talking about the Bengals in a positive light until they start winning the games that have the Bengals under a spotlight (SNF, MNF and playoffs).

If the Bengals stay healthy and Dalton stays consistent ... no reason we won't see a change for the better.

like the MNF game vs Denver last year..... Playoffs are next.

We will return favor to the browns for last years TNF
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:11 AM)Fresno B Wrote: We never had close to these weapons before? Who is new? I wasn't aware of any new players. Maybe you see good QB play and perceive it as new weapons? Anyhow, being a pessimist should be quite normal as a bengal fan. It's not like we've ever won anything. Ninja

What I think he means, and I could be wrong, is we have never had our weapons utilized to their best abilities ALL AT ONCE before: 
- Eifert down the middle, he's pretty much new.
- MLJ, Green, Sanu have been there, but all 3 together isn't a normal sight to see. 
-Hill wasn't properly used until week 9 last season, plus now we have a solid 1-2 punch with him and Gio since we know how to use both. 

The weapons may not be "new" but they are being used differently than what they were used in Gruden's system and finally molding into the 2nd year of Hue's system. That is new. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:11 AM)Fresno B Wrote: We never had close to these weapons before? Who is new? I wasn't aware of any new players. Maybe you see good QB play and perceive it as new weapons? Anyhow, being a pessimist should be quite normal as a bengal fan. It's not like we've ever won anything. Ninja

No we never had close to these weapons before. Maybe if you used your brain you could figure this out. In 2013 Eifert was rarely used, because of Gresham. In 2013 Gio wasn't used that often because of BJGE. In 2013 we had Green, Jones, and Sanu. We didn't have a running game or a great TE. In 2014 everyone was hurt, but we had a good running game. This year we have Eifert playing, and Gio/Hill as our running backs. Then on top of that Green/Jones/Sanu are healthy. So please think before you post.
Reply/Quote
This is the most complete looking Bengals team that we have seen in a very long time.  We have to hope they are able to stay relatively healthy and that Burfict is able to come back and play like his old self (the linebackers are one area that scares me).  Keep in mind that through three weeks last year, many were saying the Bengals were the best team in the NFL.  Peter King made a statement this morning... "January football rarely resembles September football".

Right now they look really good.  Let's just hope they are able to keep it together for the next 18 weeks!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We had 2 OL down too (Zeitler, and Boling) , plus Whitworth, Cook and Andre Smith were playing hurt. Both Newman and Hall was hurt, and Crocker was a starting safety that game. I think Gilberry was out too.

We were without Atkins, Hall and Boling. Zeitler played, and lets be honest, most players are "playing hurt" that deep into the season. Chris Crocker wasn't a bad option at safety.

The Chargers were missing WR Vincent Brown, WR Malcom Floyd and CB Derek Cox. Ryan Mathews was injured somewhere around halftime and missed the rest of the game. I'm sure many Chargers players were dinged up.

We really weren't in bad shape at all for that game. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote