• 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Last years rookies
Fisher was my safe bet...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Paul Dawson.

Ask yourselves this. If not now, when?

1. This is the greatest our LB corp has been and probably the best we'll see in the Lewis era.

2. Calls for him to step it up.

3. From what we've seen from him, everything is there.

This is make or break for Dawson.

Also gonna vote Margus Hunt even though he isn't a rookie for the same reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 01:44 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Jake Fisher had some playing time last year and I think that will continue to grow with jumbo sets and even as FB. I felt he lead block pretty well with power runs and in goal line will take Pekos place.
   I would say Kraft will be the one that is going to be a bigger part of our team. I liked the little I saw of him. We will see more of our "Tyler" package. We didn't spend two picks on TE's to have them sit the whole time. I'm excited to see what more the "other" Tyler can do for us. This is also a reason why I don't think they go receiver in round 1 or even 2 unless a true stud is sitting there.

This is why I didn't select Uzomah. He just won't get the chance with Tyler^2 ahead of him. Someone said last season, though, after he was drafted that if he fully developed he'd be the best TE on the team. We'll see.

I think Fisher will play the backup OT, FB, HB and be in on jumbo packages. Essentially what he was this past year. IF the team decides he can't eventually be a starter then I see them selecting a OT early in the 2017 draft or maybe with an extra pick if they trade McCarron or an RB.
Reply/Quote
When I clicked Josh Shaw's square, I thought I might be the lone ranger out there. Obviously not. Just watching that guy in admittedly limited playing time last year, I just thought he looked like a tough, stand-up football player. We'll see this year.

I also thought Tyler Kroft started to look better and better as he gained confidence.
Reply/Quote
Is there big drop off between Alford and Coleman?

Reply/Quote
Why do we think Cedric will take over duties at RT? Fisher already has a leg up on him as far as PT concerned, so he already has the edge IMO. We have no idea what we have with Ced since he played all of 11 snaps. Jake played 125. yes I know Ced was injured for 8 weeks, but he still didn't get his first shot at PT until the Browns game.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Id say Kroft, Dawson, Hardison, Shaw see bigger roles and more production especially kroft.
Reply/Quote
Barring any injuries to these guys, I think we see increased production from the entire group except maybe Uzumoah. I think we'll see a lot of Dawson, Kroft, Hardison, Shaw and the 2 lineman. Derron Smith should see increased time whether it be special teams or due to an injury. I'm still not sure on Alford, however I believe he could come in and spark are KO game and be a viable slot/gadget WR.
Reply/Quote
I think Kroft and Shaw are the best bets to become consistently good players. Fisher is possible (although I do think he is still a tad small to be a OT in the NFL, just my opinion) as well as Cedric. One of those two HAS to hit.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 10:49 AM)Garrus Wrote: Fisher is possible (although I do think he is still a tad small to be a OT in the NFL, just my opinion) as well as Cedric. 

Ogbuehi...6'5 306
Fisher...6'6 306

This years top 5 projected tackles...

Tunsil..6'5 310
Stanley..6'6 312
Conklin...6'6 308
Decker...6'7 310
Spriggs...6'6 301

I don't know.  They seem to compare very similar
Reply/Quote
I'm on the Josh Shaw bandwagon. I think he's going to wind up being a starter for us in a year or two.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think Fisher, Hardison, Kroft and Shaw all contribute regularly with Alford seeing some play specific playing time. Hardison will be the rotational D Lineman Gillberry was for us. Shaw will see time in dime sets and maybe even some 3 Safety looks. Fisher is the first lineman off the bench which means he will play from time to time as guys get banged up. Kroft will be the 2nd TE in two TE sets and I think they like what they got from him last year. I read where they are really high on Dawson, but think we are another year away from significant time from him.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 05:51 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Is there big drop off between Alford and Coleman?

Isn't there almost always between a 1st-2nd round pick and a 7th round pick? Otherwise they'd be in the same round, or at least close.

(04-04-2016, 09:43 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why do we think Cedric will take over duties at RT? Fisher already has a leg up on him as far as PT concerned, so he already has the edge IMO. We have no idea what we have with Ced since he played all of 11 snaps. Jake played 125. yes I know Ced was injured for 8 weeks, but he still didn't get his first shot at PT until the Browns game.

Because they took him in the first round even though he was destined for the PUP. Obviously they're very big on the guy if they did that.

The PT thing actually points it out that Fisher is less likely. He spent some of that playing time at TE, some at FB. If they were expecting to give the RT job to him, don't you think they'd be more worried about focusing him on RT rather than spreading him around?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 04:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Isn't there almost always between a 1st-2nd round pick and a 7th round pick? Otherwise they'd be in the same round, or at least close.

Because they took him in the first round even though he was destined for the PUP. Obviously they're very big on the guy if they did that.

The PT thing actually points it out that Fisher is less likely. He spent some of that playing time at TE, some at FB. If they were expecting to give the RT job to him, don't you think they'd be more worried about focusing him on RT rather than spreading him around?

Just don't want to draft Coleman if we have a player who can step in to fill the scheme.

Reply/Quote
The rookie that impressed me the most last year was definately Shaw but that was not the poll question.

Shaw i think will make an impact and i think he could actually unseat Kirkpatrick with how bad he has been playing lately.
But i doubt he can unseat Dennard if he is healthy who i have big hopes for.

I voted for Alford who i think will be our Returner and do very well. Bigger impact.
Reply/Quote