Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Round Flyers
Who are your late rounds favorites this year. I dont have many. There are usually quite a few that i think if we grab late would be awesome picks.

Recently saw this guy
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000923837/article/massive-rugby-player-jordan-mailata-impresses-scouts-at-pro-day

Jordan Mailata. 6'8" 346lbs rugby player. 35" vert. 5.1 40. Hell of an athlete for his size. His rugby highlights are down right entertaining.

In a big mans game you can do a heck of a lot worse on a late flyer.
Reply/Quote
Leon Jacobs | 6'3 | 230 | OLB | Wisconsin - Jacobs sports a jacked up physique and is easily one of the most athletically gifted players in the draft. He has all the tools to be great. However, his athleticism didn't always translate onto the field. He needs to improve his play recognition and react quicker to plays overall.

Jacobs tested really well at the combine. As an OLB/Edge type he ran a 4.48 and put up 26 reps.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/leon-jacobs?id=2559936
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joel Lanning- Iowa State's Iron Man.  Played QB and LB for the Cyclones his senior year.  Coach Matt Campbell asked Lanning to change positions before his senior year, but still needed to find a place on the field for his best athlete to play, so they moved him to the other side of the ball to play LB.  He also played their Wildcat QB. He was their team leader, a high class guy. We could do a whole lot worse in the 6th or 7th rounds drafting a guy like Joel.   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Taron Johnson CB from Weber small school kid with big time potential could add quality depth this year and push for real snaps next season. With Pac-Man gone and Dennard’s contract almost up we could be looking for more CB’s this year.

Marcell Frazier DE Mizzou played DE at a place like Missouri is always a good place to start with the pass rushers they’ve been pumping out lately. Hard worker who could be a solid backup DE.
Reply/Quote
Hootie Jones Safety Alabama 6'2 215.

Jones was the tides rotational safety he came in when they dropped Fitzpatrick down to nickle corner. In 2016 he led all draft eligible safeties allowing only 35.3% completion percentage when targeting him (limited snaps). In 2017 he had 31 solo tackles and 2 interceptions.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:49 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Joel Lanning- Iowa State's Iron Man.  Played QB and LB for the Cyclones his senior year.  Coach Matt Campbell asked Lanning to change positions before his senior year, but still needed to find a place on the field for his best athlete to play, so they moved him to the other side of the ball to play LB.  He also played their Wildcat QB. He was their team leader, a high class guy. We could do a whole lot worse in the 6th or 7th rounds drafting a guy like Joel.   

They say that MLB is the QB of the defense.  In this guy's situation, it's literally the case.  LOL

Seriously though, that is a real team player.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:49 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Joel Lanning- Iowa State's Iron Man.  Played QB and LB for the Cyclones his senior year.  Coach Matt Campbell asked Lanning to change positions before his senior year, but still needed to find a place on the field for his best athlete to play, so they moved him to the other side of the ball to play LB.  He also played their Wildcat QB. He was their team leader, a high class guy. We could do a whole lot worse in the 6th or 7th rounds drafting a guy like Joel.   

When i watched the Cyclones last year the RB and this guy were the two guys that really stood out to me in a good way.

All for Lanning late.
Reply/Quote
Here's one guy's list of ten sleepers:

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/11/2018-nfl-draft-10-offensive-sleeper-prospects-to-know/10/

A couple are no secret.  Even I have heard of them.  But worth a look anyway.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jeremy Reaves from South Alabama for me. Versatility at the CB/S. Doesn't really wow, but could be valuable depth and step in if someone goes down.
Reply/Quote
Robert Foster WR Alabama - Hes a late rounder that has a chance to be much more than a role player. Has great size and speed. Seemed like every time he was about to break out at Alabama he was either derailed by an injury or an opportunity for playing time due to all the great athlete's that Alabama had. He has wow athleticism, and is well worth a late round flyer.
Reply/Quote
Greg Stroman - Cornerback Virginia Tech

Speedy dude who will fall because he may be too thin to tackle effectively all the time. That said, he's excellent in coverage (6 foot, 4.48 40 time, 34 inch vert) and could be decent in rotation to start and optimally could even replace Dre K when his contract is up. Also can return punts and has 4 punt return TDs to his name.

Reply/Quote