Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late night ramble, this one hurt
Theres quite a few things i can talk about , i just figured id make a post and share my opinions.

This game hurt today because it was a reality check that we arent going to do anything with this coaching staff or even this group of players. Maybe they could if they played the right guys and maybe signed a free agent out there somewhere. Or fired a certain coach lol but lazor isnt going nowhere this year. The players dont know hues scheme. But i dont trust the coaching staff to even play our best players to be able to win. And i dont even trust their play calling. I thought we might of had something with lazor, but im really not liking his offense since eifert went down. Last year he actually got the running game going at the very end. We used Hewitt at fullback and mixon was rushing for 100 yard games
He also used the backs more in passing it seemed. This year he threw that back out the window. I feel he needs to go.

I feel like this whole coaching staff wont get it done ever. Its every year i feel theres certain players getting playing time over other guys who should be getting it. And when we are out of it thats when they finally get time and then they show they should of been playing. Like redmond and westerman last year when our o line was horrendous.

Not only do we have the obstacle of our own coaching staff. Its been evident to me that we play the refs vs good teams. I seen several occasions our wide out got mugged and there was no call. I havnt seen it but they said even cody core was mugged. I believe it. These no calls do count. Just think before half when baltimore scored another 3 before half. And that was the difference in the game. Plus another coaching mistake,we never have a kicker whos good from 50+. I wanted to go with brown the kicker but nope they go with the journeyman. Anyways every game vs good teams. The refs got it out for us.

Another topic i think you need elite coaching or an elite qb or both to go far in this league. I like dalton half the time but i know hes not the most talented of qbs. And after having palmer i was dissapointed when i saw dalton play at first. 8 years later we could benefit from a more talented qb. At some points of the game today i thought just put in driskel. Atleast he can run. I know the o line wasnt good today. So... if we got a new coach maybe wed get a different qb sometime soon. Dalton isnt going nowhere under marvin and probably not hue either.  Yeah we might could win with dalton,but youd have to have a stacked offense and a good defense . Pretty much the whole team needs to be good. We also need a coach that believes in having a backup that might be called upon. Like the eagles last year. Or even baltimore this year. Edited in- on the last play who failed, the coaching staff or dalton or both? I mean you are the qb you should know where your not going with it. He doesnt look for ross but he looked for cody core on that play? Can we get a leader smart qb that takes control and can change plays if he wants and has talent? Thats what we need. I dont care if cody core was open, you should know by now hes a bad option, dont even look his way on 4th.

Like other guys said on here im up for a firesale on some guys and some kind of rebuild i dont think this current group is going to see any glory. I thought we would at first before eifert and green went down. But then our offense took a nose dive like always.

This fanbase is so beaten ,everyone is just tired of losing and not winning playoff games and we want to see a superbowl. If any one deserves it its us, well maybe browns do too theyve been through hell also. Im ready for change. I dont even feel good about the browns because i think our coaches are incompetant.

Oh i wanted to edit this one in, we need a coaching staff that will go crazy on some refs. I was watching some micd up mike tomlin from this year,and they barely hit big ben when he slid,and mike tomlin and the bench cleared and was yelling what the hell was that. When you are over dramatic you get the refs attention. Atleast tomlin does. I even heard bill bellicheck yell at refs , i doubt marvin or any coach on this staff is fighting for calls and their players.

Still love the team though but man its sad being a bengals fan. Its like a bad marriage that she cheats in you. So would you guys want big changes here? I see a ton of fans on fb saying they are not renewing tickets and not watching anymore. People are just done with losing. Will there be any changes this offseason? Do you really think this coaching staff can turn things around?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:03 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Theres quite a few things i can talk about , i just figured id make a post and share my opinions.

This game hurt today because it was a reality check that we arent going to do anything with this coaching staff or even this group of players. Maybe they could if they played the right guys and maybe signed a free agent out there somewhere. Or fired a certain coach lol but lazor isnt going nowhere this year. The players dont know hues scheme. But i dont trust the coaching staff to even play our best players to be able to win. And i dont even trust their play calling. I thought we might of had something with lazor, but im really not liking his offense since eifert went down. Last year he actually got the running game going at the very end. We used Hewitt at fullback and mixon was rushing for 100 yard games
He also used the backs more in passing it seemed. This year he threw that back out the window. I feel he needs to go.

I feel like this whole coaching staff wont get it done ever. Its every year i feel theres certain players getting playing time over other guys who should be getting it. And when we are out of it thats when they finally get time and then they show they should of been playing. Like redmond and westerman last year when our o line was horrendous.

Not only do we have the obstacle of our own coaching staff. Its been evident to me that we play the refs vs good teams. I seen several occasions our wide out got mugged and there was no call. I havnt seen it but they said even cody core was mugged. I believe it. These no calls do count. Just think before half when baltimore scored another 3 before half. And that was the difference in the game. Plus another coaching mistake,we never have a kicker whos good from 50+. I wanted to go with brown the kicker but nope they go with the journeyman. Anyways every game vs good teams. The refs got it out for us.

Another topic i think you need elite coaching or an elite qb or both to go far in this league. I like dalton half the time but i know hes not the most talented of qbs. And after having palmer i was dissapointed when i saw dalton play at first. 8 years later we could benefit from a more talented qb. At some points of the game today i thought just put in driskel. Atleast he can run. I know the o line wasnt good today. So... if we got a new coach maybe wed get a different qb sometime soon. Dalton isnt going nowhere under marvin and probably not hue either.  Yeah we might could win with dalton,but youd have to have a stacked offense and a good defense . Pretty much the whole team needs to be good. We also need a coach that believes in having a backup that might be called upon. Like the eagles last year. Or even baltimore this year. Edited in- on the last play who failed, the coaching staff or dalton or both? I mean you are the qb you should know where your not going with it. He doesnt look for ross but he looked for cody core on that play? Can we get a leader smart qb that takes control and can change plays if he wants and has talent? Thats what we need. I dont care if cody core was open, you should know by now hes a bad option, dont even look his way on 4th.

Like other guys said on here im up for a firesale on some guys and some kind of rebuild i dont think this current group is going to see any glory. I thought we would at first before eifert and green went down. But then our offense took a nose dive like always.

This fanbase is so beaten ,everyone is just tired of losing and not winning playoff games and we want to see a superbowl. If any one deserves it its us, well maybe browns do too theyve been through hell also. Im ready for change. I dont even feel good about the browns because i think our coaches are incompetant.

Oh i wanted to edit this one in, we need a coaching staff that will go crazy on some refs. I was watching some micd up mike tomlin from this year,and they barely hit big ben when he slid,and mike tomlin and the bench cleared and was yelling what the hell was that. When you are over dramatic you get the refs attention. Atleast tomlin does. I even heard bill bellicheck yell at refs , i doubt marvin or any coach on this staff is fighting for calls and their players.

Still love the team though but man its sad being a bengals fan. Its like a bad marriage that she cheats in you. So would you guys want big changes here? I see a ton of fans on fb saying they are not renewing tickets and not watching anymore. People are just done with losing. Will there be any changes this offseason? Do you really think this coaching staff can turn things around?

Yep, for years many fans threatened the non-renewal of tickets and time (the off season) seemed to heal the wounds.  Now it appears the fans are finally starting to give in.  Took a while but this franchise has lost generations of new fans.  As the older fans give up there is nothing left to fill the void.  And make no mistake, older fans are finally starting to throw in the towel.  It seems they've come to realize the Bengals are an organization that lacks vision and the ability to change with the changing NFL.

It's really sad, I have 4 children and not one of them is interested in the Bengals.  I've taken them to games like my parents took me.  The difference is they are not proud of their team like I was growing up.  Now they are young adults getting ready to start their own families and have zero interest in their hometown team.  In fact, when I put on my jersey for Sunday games they will ask why I waste my time when I know what the eventual outcome will be - e.g. losing in the playoffs, if we get there.  And you know what, they don't know anything different because they haven't seen anything different in their lifetime.  My oldest is 29 and my youngest 19.  Very sad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:03 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Theres quite a few things i can talk about , i just figured id make a post and share my opinions.

I just recently moved out of Ohio, so practically no Bengals games get televised locally here. I am giving it through this year, but I may resort to just watching whatever games are locally televised rather than try to go to a place with NFL Sunday Ticket and drop money on food/drinks if the Bengals don't do something in the offseason that excites me. I did similar with the Reds after a couple continual losing seasons (stopped caring to watch every game on FS Ohio) and I don't regret it.

I don't get enjoyment from watching a sports team not make good moves to improve the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years in a league where most teams have won 5 over that span. And every year we think it's our year.

Sadly we're closer to rebuilding than to winning a SB.
Reply/Quote
Living Nowhere near Ohio does help. I don’t pay for the Sun ticket like I used to and I rarely have to watch them. When I do see them it’s usually a prime time game so you know how those usually end up. They still make me mad but I just don’t care as much because it’s pointless. Sometimes I wish they would just abolish the franchise and then I could just enjoy watching football without caring so much about who wins. That says a lot about Mike Brown and his family (including his son Marvin) doesn’t it?
Reply/Quote