Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Rankings
(10-20-2020, 09:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 14

Broke 21 points 4 times, just wow !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:21 PM)Destro Wrote: Not saying you're wrong, but are other teams just doing much worse?  Ranking are one thing, I'd be interested in the hard numbers. Let's say last year it was 1200 pass yards allowed and this year it is 1300 yards allowed, but that ranks better than one additional team.

Regardless, team still sucks.

I'm not going to try to parse all that for you, but here is the average points per game and yards per game for offense and defense:

2019        2020
Points For         17.43       21.5
Yards Gained     323.06     343.33

Points Against    26.25       26.167
Yards Allowed    393.68      394.67

So the Bengals have improved their PPG by 4, yards by 20.
For defense, they are basically the same.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not much of an improvement. Surely has not made a difference in wins and division standings.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 08:39 PM)Benton Wrote: Soooo... we aren't the worst?

HECK YEAH!!!!!!

That's called trending in the right direction.. Yea??
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 08:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Interesting stat on the TO differential, Zac Turner is 1-12-1 when winning the turnover battle.

When his teams have a 3-21-1 record, no matter how you slice and dice the stats he'll still have a dismal losing record.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For comparison to 2019:

2019 -> 2020
Offense - 30th      26th
OffYds -  26th       25th
PaYds -   19th      18th
PaTDs -   28th      27th
RuYds -   25th      24th
RuTDs -   26th      17th

Defense - 25th      17th
DefYds -   29th      25th
PaYds -    21st       22nd
PaTDs -    17th      14th
RuYds -    32nd      27th
RuTDs -    27th      17th

So in nearly every category, the Bengals have improved. That's a good thing. The problem is their improvement hasn't been a big enough improvement. At this rate, they won't be Top 10 for at least another couple years.

Or ten.....
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:21 PM)Destro Wrote: Not saying you're wrong, but are other teams just doing much worse?  Ranking are one thing, I'd be interested in the hard numbers. Let's say last year it was 1200 pass yards allowed and this year it is 1300 yards allowed, but that ranks better than one additional team.

Regardless, team still sucks.

This is why I don't like using league rankings to compare teams from one year to another. I think looking at "per game" stats from one year to another is the way to go.

Like you said, a team could get WORSE in a stat but they're ranking could IMPROVE if other teams got really bad. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 08:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Interesting stat about the run D...going back to mid-2018, the Bengals are 0-17-1 when allowing 100 yards rushing.  Mellow

And this pretty much sums up why they can't beat the Ratbirds, steelers, or now....the Browns.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He seems to have been out best run defender thus far, but I don't know that he has been that much of an improvement.  We brought in a guy to help stop the run from a team that couldn't stop the run.  Kinda makes you think...

Still, would of helped to have him out there. Actually Covington and Xavier Williams have played okay at times.

With the Colts, Rivers was just on fire and Lashaun Sims got burnt and we had a couple of miscommunications that killed us.

I think this D could be middle of the road if they could just slow down the run cause they do cover well for the most part and are
tackling better than last season even if that is not saying much. I really like Wilson and ADG for the future at LB.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And this pretty much sums up why they can't beat the Ratbirds, steelers, or now....the Browns.  

While I agree with your comment, I will go on a limb. Bengals will beat Browns soundly Sunday. I see us winning 31-17. I know, call me crazy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: While I agree with your comment, I will go on a limb. Bengals will beat Browns soundly Sunday. I see us winning 31-17. I know, call me crazy.

Could see it happening, our OL is playing a little better than the last time we met and Burrow has seen them and played well the
last time. He will study up and could have a great game and Mixon is running decent. Jonah had some great blocks last game,
especially the Mixon TD run, that was just domination. The D isn't good but they can cover and Bates has been a stud for the 
most part, loved his pick on Rivers.

Wilson and ADG getting more experience sure helps at LB. Just hope we can get some semblance of a pass rush. Lawson is about
the only guy getting pressure out there, saw a bit from Kareem but we need to get much better in this department. If we can slow
down the run we could win this game easily.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: While I agree with your comment, I will go on a limb. Bengals will beat Browns soundly Sunday. I see us winning 31-17. I know, call me crazy.

You're crazy, but I hope you're crazy and right...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For comparison to 2019:

2019 -> 2020
Offense - 30th      26th
OffYds -  26th       25th
PaYds -   19th      18th
PaTDs -   28th      27th
RuYds -   25th      24th
RuTDs -   26th      17th

Defense - 25th      17th
DefYds -   29th      25th
PaYds -    21st       22nd
PaTDs -    17th      14th
RuYds -    32nd      27th
RuTDs -    27th      17th

So in nearly every category, the Bengals have improved. That's a good thing. The problem is their improvement hasn't been a big enough improvement. At this rate, they won't be Top 10 for at least another couple years.

Nice work, Ocho, but let's not forget...If you compared the rankings through six games this year and six games last year, I doubt it would even be close.  The Bengals didn't become even respectable until the last 8 games where they starting running the ball effectively.  The defense seemed to improve a lot because Dunlap picked up his game tremendously and Pratt ascended while Preston Brown was sent packing.  

That is why it is so damn frustrating to lose those SD and Indy games and to tie Philly.  The NFC East is coming up and they are horrible.  All they had to do was stay close and maybe they could have made a run.  Kind of pointless now....only hurts the draft pick.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still, would of helped to have him out there. Actually Covington and Xavier Williams have played okay at times.

With the Colts, Rivers was just on fire and Lashaun Sims got burnt and we had a couple of miscommunications that killed us.

I think this D could be middle of the road if they could just slow down the run cause they do cover well for the most part and are
tackling better than last season even if that is not saying much. I really like Wilson and ADG for the future at LB.

Or if the offense could effectively run the ball with consistency and help put the opposing offense on notice that they can't sit back and run the ball.

I think we have a keeper in Wilson, but we will have to see what kind of growth he shows over the next 2 seasons to be sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 08:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Interesting stat on the TO differential, Zac Turner is 1-12-1 when winning the turnover battle.

Bengals have only won the turnover battle 4 times since the beginning of last year. 

They are 1-2-1. 0-1-1 this year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals have only won the turnover battle 4 times since the beginning of last year. 

They are 1-2-1. 0-1-1 this year.

Hmm, I was going off what I heard on a podcast a couple weeks ago, I wonder if they meant not losing the turnover battle, so maybe that record is when they are +turnovers and break even.
Reply/Quote

well im half crazy then.. i also have them winning but by seven.. 24 to 17.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 08:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's 5 teams worse than us on rush D Shocked

I'ma go on a limb, and say the team we ran all over is one of them... Jacksonville. Probably the Jets and Giants as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 08:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Or if the offense could effectively run the ball with consistency and help put the opposing offense on notice that they can't sit back and run the ball.

I think we have a keeper in Wilson, but we will have to see what kind of growth he shows over the next 2 seasons to be sure.

Yes, we need to block better in both the running game and in pass protection to keep the Defense off the field and fresh.

Logan Wilson just is a sure tackler and he is good in coverage. That Doyle TD wasn't all his fault, he caught up and tried to 
knock the ball free. Wilson is solid and something we have needed at LB for years, he might not jump off the screen but he 
just goes to work and does his job. Great addition to the LB core.

ADG is more of the flashy talent but he is very raw. But I like both these guys a lot.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hmm, I was going off what I heard on a podcast a couple weeks ago, I wonder if they meant not losing the turnover battle, so maybe that record is when they are +turnovers and break even.

EDIT: When they win or tie the t/o battle, they are 3/9/1
When they lose or tie the t/o battle, they are 2/15

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote