Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest on Deshaun Watson: From Local Talk Radio and Ian Rappaport
I started a new thread on this because there were several that were just bits and pieces, so in this plan to share the facts of where they are, and what the local sports guys think of what each team can and will offer.

#1 - Deshaun has met with Carolina and New Orleans
#2 - Both Carolina and New Orleans have tendered offers that are 3 1st rounds + offers
#3 - The Browns are in the air as I write this and on the way to Houston to meet with Deshaun this evening
#4 - Atlanta will meet with Deshaun tomorrow early.

Opinion + facts:
Carolina (6th) and Atlanta (8th with two 2nd round picks + also what they would get in return for trading Matt Ryan) by far have the best draft capitol
Cleveland trails slightly behind with (13th) and 4 picks in the top 100
New Orleans trails significantly in draft capitol AND would future picks would likely have the least value since the saints are the most "win ready"

Players as pieces:
The guys on the radio basically ranked "available young players to add as pieces of the deal" in this order(and it should be noted they did not include who they consider untouchable players such as Kyle Pitts of Atlanta):
Carolina
Browns
Atlanta
New Orleans

So mixing fact with opinion, from the TEXANS standpoint it would be Carolina, Atlanta, Browns, New Orleans
From Deshaun's standpoint: No one has made public how the meetings went.

Other thoughts:
#1 - Remember Deshaun must wave his no trade clause for one of these teams, which logically would be New Orleans first at face value of "win now".
#2 - Also if they trade Deshaun before the league year starts at pm tomorrow, the Texans save 20 million dollars.
#3 - Ian Rappaport is the source for most of this information and has reported that New Orleans seems to be in the drivers seat, which is odd all things considered above. One has to question the bias of his source.

Final Note: I said in an earlier thread that the Browns do not have the draft capitol to make this deal and I was wrong. They don't have the best situation, but with 4 picks in the top 100 and some good young pieces to throw in and future draft picks, they could make a realistic offer......but I can't believe Deshaun would want to play for that shyt show. Additionally, the Texans preference is to send Deshaun to the NFC, which should be Deshaun's preference as well as he wouldn't want to face the cavalcade of young QBs in the AFC for the next decade, but only Brady and Rogers for the next couple years.

There you have it. Mostly facts with some opinion of where it stands at the moment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 07:47 PM)Stewy Wrote: I started a new thread on this because there were several that were just bits and pieces, so in this plan to share the facts of where they are, and what the local sports guys think of what each team can and will offer.

#1 - Deshaun has met with Carolina and New Orleans
#2 - Both Carolina and New Orleans have tendered offers that are 3 1st rounds + offers
#3 - The Browns are in the air as I write this and on the way to Houston to meet with Deshaun this evening
#4 - Atlanta will meet with Deshaun tomorrow early.

Opinion + facts:
Carolina (6th) and Atlanta (8th with two 2nd round picks + also what they would get in return for trading Matt Ryan) by far have the best draft capitol
Cleveland trails slightly behind with (13th) and 4 picks in the top 100
New Orleans trails significantly in draft capitol AND would future picks would likely have the least value since the saints are the most "win ready"

Players as pieces:
The guys on the radio basically ranked "available young players to add as pieces of the deal" in this order(and it should be noted they did not include who they consider untouchable players such as Kyle Pitts of Atlanta):
Carolina
Browns
Atlanta
New Orleans

So mixing fact with opinion, from the TEXANS standpoint it would be Carolina, Atlanta, Browns, New Orleans
From Deshaun's standpoint:  No one has made public how the meetings went.

Other thoughts:
#1 - Remember Deshaun must wave his no trade clause for one of these teams, which logically would be New Orleans first at face value of "win now".
#2 - Also if they trade Deshaun before the league year starts at pm tomorrow, the Texans save 20 million dollars.
#3 - Ian Rappaport is the source for most of this information and has reported that New Orleans seems to be in the drivers seat, which is odd all things considered above.  One has to question the bias of his source.

Final Note:  I said in an earlier thread that the Browns do not have the draft capitol to make this deal and I was wrong.  They don't have the best situation, but with 4 picks in the top 100 and some good young pieces to throw in and future draft picks, they could make a realistic offer......but I can't believe Deshaun would want to play for that shyt show.  Additionally, the Texans preference is to send Deshaun to the NFC, which should be Deshaun's preference as well as he wouldn't want to face the cavalcade of young QBs in the AFC for the next decade, but only Brady and Rogers for the next couple years.

There you have it.  Mostly facts with some opinion of where it stands at the moment.

IDK they have a pretty good roster overall in Cleveland.    but besides the trade offer... Who can offer Him the biggest Contract?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: IDK they have a pretty good roster overall in Cleveland.    but besides the trade offer... Who can offer Him the biggest Contract?

Even if he is traded and the Texans take his signing bonus hit, he still has 4yr/$136m in cash coming on his deal. I don't think anyone is offering a contract right now because his is still a top one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wonder, if Baker's "thank you Cleveland/good-bye" statement last night means he was told he is part of the trade offer for Watson

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: I wonder, if Baker's "thank you Cleveland/good-bye" statement last night means he was told he is part of the trade offer for Watson

Morning show here with Lance Zirelien (sp) had Mary K from the Cleveland Planedealer on this am, and she said it was just more of BMs melodrama and over reaction.  He'll be the last one to know if he is part of a trade.  Additionally, the Texans won't want him.  They're optimistic about Mills and only want good players in the trade and no one here considers BM anything beyond mediocre.

Bottom line - BM is over reacting.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:07 PM)Stewy Wrote: Morning show here with Lance Zirelien (sp) had Mary K from the Cleveland Planedealer on this am, and she said it was just more of BMs melodrama and over reaction.  He'll be the last one to know if he is part of a trade.  Additionally, the Texans won't want him.  They're optimistic about Mills and only want good players in the trade and no one here considers BM anything beyond mediocre.

Bottom line - BM is over reacting.

any time your job brings in a potential replacement for you you probly have the right to over react it happens every single time a team does this at QB
Reply/Quote
Watson was seen eating a Big Mac at a McDs close to NRG Stadium with HC Arthur Smith, and owner Arthur Blank, who was enjoying a happy meal. The conversation went south when Blank realized a toy didn't come with his meal. Watson was not amused.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 04:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: any time your job brings in a potential replacement for you you probly have the right to over react it happens every single time a team does this at QB

Did you happen to actually read what BM wrote?

One can bow out with grace and genuine appreciation.....or whine and cry and look for sympathy in a seemingly heartfelt way.  With that said, he had no reason to "bow out".  It was totally pre-mature, especially as the Browns are likely bottom of the list.  Additionally, the latest reports are that the Browns have had enough and BM and he will be moved regardless of what happens with Deshaun as they "Want an Adult as their Quarterback."  And yes that is a quote.  On a side note, i find it really rich that the Browns want an adult as their QB, when they're trying to trade for a guy who can't figure out how to get a massage without tripping into sexual inappropriateness.

On a side note, could someone link me Andy Dalton's public crying and drama created by being benched for practice squad quality QB's in Zac's first year?  I'd like to read it.
Reply/Quote