Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latham does not remind me of Ogbuehi
I must have watched the wrong film.
Reply/Quote
Ohbuehi: premium athlete, "typewriter feet", 24th percentile weight, narrow base, functional strength was a concern, played pillow soft

Latham: passable athlete for his size, plodding feet, 95th percentile weight, wide base, strong as an ox, aggressive/tough demeanor

About the only things that they have in common are that they both played OT and have very long arms. If you're going to nitpick Latham's game sure have at it. He had penalties and struggles with fast inside moves...But comparing him to the "typewriter feet" failed tackles of yesteryear? I don't see the similarities at all.
Reply/Quote
I don't see the comparison at all. Ced was "soft". Latham is a bull.

Guyton remind me of Ced.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 10:35 PM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: I said this in another thread - he is the consensus no.1 tackle because of his size. But I'm not really sure that he is a good football player.

OT Cedric Ogbuehi - 6 foot 5 & 1/4  306 pounds                (All Combine weights)

OT JC Latham - 6 foot 5 & 3/4  342 pounds

OT Orlando Brown Jr - 6 foot 7 & 7/8  345 pounds

Guard Quenton Nelson (Colts) - 6 foot 5  325 pounds  (3 Time All Pro - 6 Time Pro Bowler)

*I think that JC Latham will do just fine at Right Tackle & I would even do a small 3 to 4 pick Trade up to make sure I get him

if I finally decided to go OT in round 1. (I would also do a small Trade up for Fuaga)

**If Latham did do poorly at Right Tackle (which I doubt would happen) then he could be kicked inside to Guard 

and maybe become a Pro Bowl Caliber Guard at his size.   (same with Fuaga)
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 11:14 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Ohbuehi: premium athlete, "typewriter feet", 24th percentile weight, narrow base, functional strength was a concern, played pillow soft

Latham: passable athlete for his size, plodding feet, 95th percentile weight, wide base, strong as an ox, aggressive/tough demeanor

About the only things that they have in common are that they both played OT and have very long arms. If you're going to nitpick Latham's game sure have at it. He had penalties and struggles with fast inside moves...But comparing him to the "typewriter feet" failed tackles of yesteryear? I don't see the similarities at all.

Uh, yeah, nothing alike. I could see JC Latham being like Andre Smith if we want to compare him to a former Bengals pick, but not Og.

(04-11-2024, 10:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see the comparison at all. Ced was "soft". Latham is a bull.

Guyton remind me of Ced.

Exactly who Guyton reminds me of and why I am scared of Guyton.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 10:35 PM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: I said this in another thread - he is the consensus no.1 tackle because of his size. But I'm not really sure that he is a good football player.

Not sure anyone considers Latham the number 1 tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not sure anyone considers Latham the number 1 tackle.

I would say that it is definitely Joe Alt.

The Bengals could end all of the concerns about the other Options & make a Bold Trade up for Joe Alt maybe at pick #7 if still there.

Would be a costly Trade up, so it is unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not sure anyone considers Latham the number 1 tackle.

(04-11-2024, 02:27 PM)depthchart Wrote: I would say that it is definitely Joe Alt.

The Bengals could end all of the concerns about the other Options & make a Bold Trade up for Joe Alt maybe at pick #7 if still there.

Would be a costly Trade up, so it is unlikely.

#1 tackle and 9th overall rated player on https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks/
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 08:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: #1 tackle and 9th overall rated player on https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks/

He's also the only Olineman attending the draft in person. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Some think Latham would be a better guard too.
Reply/Quote
I made the comparison to get people talking, just seems like high bust potential. I don’t like his game.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 08:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: #1 tackle and 9th overall rated player on https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks/

Alt gets a lot of Love from Analysts & Mock Drafters but you have provided an example of some Love for Latham.

I don't see much criticism of Alt but to some Posters, it seems they feel that Latham will bust to the point of spending

the last 2 years of his rookie deal standing on the sidelines watching the Offense and clapping for them in shame.

I think that Latham would solve the Bengals RT problem. 

Draft him and move on but I doubt he gets to Bengals pick #18 which will make many Bengal Fans happy for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 10:31 AM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: I made the comparison to get people talking, just seems like high bust potential. I don’t like his game.

Specifics please?
Many have Latham listed as a pretty safe prospect.
He's been Alabama's RT for the past two seasons. This past year, Latham was 2nd-team All-American and 1st-team SEC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 10:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see the comparison at all. Ced was "soft". Latham is a bull.

Guyton remind me of Ced.

Agreed, I see nothing to compare to and Latham is just way bigger then Ogblewie
The small base from Ogblewie was the 1st thing I noticed from him..how is it that fulltime NFL scouts for Bengals didnt see that on top of the fact he CAME IN INJURED!!! 
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Agreed, I see nothing to compare to and Latham is just way bigger then Ogblewie
The small base from Ogblewie was the 1st thing I noticed from him..how is it that fulltime NFL scouts for Bengals didnt see that on top of the fact he CAME IN INJURED!!! 

Ironically the only similarity between Og and Latham is injury and this must be the reason Latham skipped workouts.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 12:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Specifics please?
Many have Latham listed as a pretty safe prospect.
He's been Alabama's RT for the past two seasons. This past year, Latham was 2nd-team All-American and 1st-team SEC.

The big thing about JC Latham is that HE is worried about his foot speed which makes me worried about his foot speed. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ironically the only similarity between Og and Latham is injury and this must be the reason Latham skipped workouts.

I don't think Latham has any lingering injury issues but he did get a high ankle sprain on the last play against Michigan

on January 8th.

Taking time to recover from that injury to then train to Test was probably a tight time line and I think that he just decided to

let his game tape speak for him.

When testing can only hurt you then I am not sure that I would push as hard as he would of had to in order to be Testing ready.

It is probably harder for a man his size to get ready to Test and what if he were to get injured while getting ready or he thought he was

100% back when he really wasn't resulting in a less than optimum Test.

Orlando Brown Jr had a poor Combine & dropped in the Draft, yet he turned out well as a Pro.

I think that I would have done what Latham did.  Watch my Tape & if you want me, you want me.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: I don't think Latham has any lingering injury issues but he did get a high ankle sprain on the last play against Michigan

on January 8th.

Taking time to recover from that injury to then train to Test was probably a tight time line and I think that he just decided to

let his game tape speak for him.

When testing can only hurt you then I am not sure that I would push as hard as he would of had to in order to be Testing ready.

It is probably harder for a man his size to get ready to Test and what if he were to get injured while getting ready or he thought he was

100% back when he really wasn't resulting in a less than optimum Test.

Orlando Brown Jr had a poor Combine & dropped in the Draft, yet he turned out well as a Pro.

I think that I would have done what Latham did.  Watch my Tape & if you want me, you want me.

Probably right, thankfully it was just a high ankle sprain even if those hurt like a sumbitch, no surgery needed.

I would still take Latham at 18, if Mims is not there who I like a touch better with his balance, athleticism and upside.

But Latham would be a good pick and can understand the coaches if they take Latham over Mims with the snap difference.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right, thankfully it was just a high ankle sprain even if those hurt like a sumbitch, no surgery needed.

I would still take Latham at 18, if Mims is not there who I like a touch better with his balance, athleticism and upside.

But Latham would be a good pick and can understand the coaches if they take Latham over Mims with the snap difference.

Both are 21 years old.

Mim's game videos look Great. He moves very well and balanced.

If they did take Mims then he would be the guy I would want to be the first one off the Bus at games.

6 foot 7 and 3/4 inches tall and 340 pounds.

You are the one that got me liking Mims more than I used to. 

He would be fun to watch develop due to his sheer size & the way he moves.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 03:21 PM)depthchart Wrote: Both are 21 years old.

Mim's game videos look Great. He moves very well and balanced.

If they did take Mims then he would be the guy I would want to be the first one off the Bus at games.

6 foot 7 and 3/4 inches tall and 340 pounds.

You are the one that got me liking Mims more than I used to. 

He would be fun to watch develop due to his sheer size & the way he moves.

Amazing how young these guy's are with that size lol

Mims could pull for us so well, Volson is okay at pulling but nothing like Mims could be. The main reason I want Mims is because of his
smarts on top of his balance, size and athleticism, he can play all across the line. Down with whoever it is if we take an OT at 18 and it 
is between Latham and Mims.

I think Latham will break the bad streak of Bama OL sucking coming out of the first round whoever takes him.
Reply/Quote