Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Latino voters 'not buying' Democrat messaging
The title says it all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/latino-voters-scoff-at-cbs-news-reporter-asking-if-trump-s-a-threat-to-democracy-don-t-buy-that-argument/ar-BB1kjzP8?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=91a60d3bd2d647558e04f79c17ece831&ei=289

Quote:Latino voters rejected the accusation that former President Trump is a "threat to democracy" in a recent interview with CBS News, telling network reporter Weijia Jiang they’re "not buying" the line that "democracy is on the ballot in 2024."

Three Hispanic Arizona residents spoke to Jiang for a segment that aired on CBS Evening News on Wednesday, telling her they don't believe the Trump "threat" a bit and think the media and Democratic Party are "using it to death."

The notable moment came when Jiang said to the three voters, "President Biden has called Trump a threat to democracy and made it a central part of his campaign. Is democracy on the ballot in 2024?"

All three smiled as soon as the question was asked, and one even began laughing at it.

Republican business owner Steve Macias, replied, "I don’t buy that argument."

The one who was laughing, independent voter Raquel Glowden, chimed in, saying, "I don’t either."

Macias continued: "I mean, to me now, that’s just another talking point. Every time I hear it, I just kind of tune it out."

"I know," Glowden added.

Ripping the talking point even further, Macias said, "It’s something that, you know, some focus group came up with, and now they're just using it to death."

Glowden accused the media and the Democratic Party of not even understanding what democracy means. She said, "I really don't think they understand what democracy is when they say that. You know, the fact that there is a ballot is democracy."

Earlier in the segment, Jiang asked the Latino voters whether they believe Biden has done enough during his term to maintain his support from the Latino community.

Macias declared, "I think his Latino numbers will go down," while Glowden trashed Vice President Harris' performance as border czar.

"He put his vice president in charge of the border czar, and then what happened? She just disappeared. So does he really care about it?" she asked.

New polls have shown that former President Trump has made major inroads with Latino voters since the 2020 election, when Biden won by over 20 points in that demographic.

Now Trump is leading, with 46% of Hispanics saying they would vote for him compared to 40% going for Biden.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think many minority voters will turn their backs on the Dems. Flooding the country with illegals in hopes of turning them into Dem voters was not going to go unnoticed in the big cities where minorities have suffered time and time again from the false promises of the Democratic party, (who seem only to care about minorities during election season). Only to watch illegals living rent free in grand hotels, no bills, eating 3 meals a day, while the minority voter struggles to live day to day. I mean, I would be pretty pissed off if it was happening to me. But, living in a tiny town in Indiana prevents me from getting the big F.U. shoved in my face everyday when I walk out the door and seeing criminals living a kings life.

As for the part of the article referring to the VP? She is a laughing stock. It hurts my brain to even think of that woman.

Reply/Quote
Definitely agree that three Latinos (including "Republican business owner Steve Macias") probably marks the end of Latino support for Biden.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 09:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Definitely agree that three Latinos (including "Republican business owner Steve Macias") probably marks the end of Latino support for Biden.  Mellow

Notice there is no discussion in the excerpt above about why Dems say democracy on the line. 

So "The fact that there is a ballot is democracy." 

Ok, so then why isn't a guy who showed complete contempt for rule of law while in office,
and tried to over throw a valid election, and promises vengeance if re-elected, a threat to democracy? 

What will ballots mean if elections and electors can ultimately be decided by Republican state legislatures?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:24 AM)Dill Wrote: Notice there is no discussion in the excerpt above about why Dems say democracy on the line. 

Ok, so then why isn't a guy who showed complete contempt for rule of law while in office,
and tried to over throw a valid election, and promises vengeance if re-elected, a threat to democracy? 

They "tune it out".  It's "just politics".

More and more I realize people don't vote for what is best for them but for the guy who tell them they are best of them no matter what they really do.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:24 AM)Dill Wrote: Notice there is no discussion in the excerpt above about why Dems say democracy on the line. 

What will ballots mean if elections and electors can ultimately be decided by Republican state legislatures?

Isn't it sad when a party screws up the country so badly in just 3 short years that people want this guy in office? Cray cray.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Isn't it sad when a party screws up the country so badly in just 3 short years that people want this guy in office? Cray cray.

Yeah, never happens that some people want the current President out of office.  Really weird.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
This is far from the first time this point has been brought up. The usual suspects are plugging their ears and shouting to avoid hearing it. I certainly don't think that Trump is going to have overwhelming support from the Hispanic population, but he's got far more than most lefties would like to admit. We've discussed this before, but Hispanics are more socially conservative as a whole. Plus immigration is not the hot button issue with many of them that the modern left seems to believe.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Isn't it sad when a party screws up the country so badly in just 3 short years that people want this guy in office? Cray cray.

How parties define "screwing up the country" could be changing in ways that don't favor democracy.

That's the scary part. 

[Image: capitolinsurrection3.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:38 PM)Dill Wrote: How parties define "screwing up the country" could be changing in ways that don't favor democracy.

That's the scary part. 

[Image: capitolinsurrection3.jpeg]

First, congrats on learning how to post a picture.  Secondly, it's interesting your posting this in a thread about people not buying the message you're trying to sell here.  I deplore what happened on 01/06.  I do not see it as a serious danger to our democracy, nor do I see the GOP, or the Dems, as a serious threat to our democracy.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I deplore what happened on 01/06.  I do not see it as a serious danger to our democracy, nor do I see the GOP, or the Dems, as a serious threat to our democracy.

It’s possible to believe those things at the same time??

[Image: larry-david-faints.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 02:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s possible to believe those things at the same time??

[Image: larry-david-faints.gif]

It would shock some to realize this, to be sure.

Perfect gif, btw.  I love that show so much, but I get such intense second hand embarrassment from it I have a hard time watching it.

Reply/Quote
Bengals have cried Wolf with Trump over and over again. Democrats say Trump is a threat to democracy as they attempt to place a former POTUS and the 2024 GOP nominee in jail and strip him of all of his wealth.

Everything is in full focus to all to see. Democrats open border policies are hurting our country's safety, economy, schools and wage growth.

They also have a record of Biden's accomplishments or lack of them against Trump's. They remember low gas prices, affordable housing, affordable car loans, low grocery prices and stability in the rest of the world. They remember a secure border. Biden's border policy created an invasion and created the mess in the entire US.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 03:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals have cried Wolf with Trump over and over again. 

What?

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 04:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What?

Freudian slip. Luvnit secretly is actually a fan of the Democrats Ninja
Reply/Quote