Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laughably Bad Post Draft Ranking
(05-01-2017, 04:39 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'm not a fan of the O-line situation. The fact that the coaching staff has faith in them, surprising to me.

That being said, You (in general, not you specifically) have to look at the fact that we have Green coming back healthy, Eifert hopefully by season's end and the young talent drafted. We let go of some bums (Maualuga) and picked up some decent players (Minter). SURE, we did lose our best linemen (that does hurt).

I still don't see how that puts us 28th...So we lose two linemen and all of a sudden we are 5 spots worse than last year!? Don't get it.

remember it was a weak OL draft.... 

and teams that did draft OL guys will most likely be cutting some with experience in the league..

Next year will be beef up the OL time.

we did get a guy that can play RT and C the 2 spots of the biggest potential need.

Maybe we go find another LT for depth as I don't remember whos behind Obg
Reply/Quote
Writers who don't don't know WTF they're talking about need to STFU. Seriously.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 02:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: "The secondary lacks young talent" is also completely wrong.

That comment also baffled me.

Lots of good young CBs who need to step up this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 11:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: NFL Draft grades: Browns, 49ers top class; Raiders, Bengals get schooled
from The Sporting News

Cincinnati Bengals D-

Draft picks: Washington WR John Ross, Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon, Kansas State DE Jordan Willis, Auburn DE Carl Lawson, Tennessee WR Josh Malone, Michigan DT Ryan Glasgow, Memphis K Jake Elliott, Utah C J.J. Dielman, Oklahoma LB Jordan Evans, Houston CB/RB Brandon Wilson, Buffalo TE Mason Schreck

The best thing to say about the rebuilding Bengals is that Glasgow is a good value ... out of 11 picks. Ross was a reach, and Lawson was a free-faller. Both come in with durability issues. Willis is better suited to be a 3-4 edge rusher. They didn’t need a second wideout in Malone, either, and Elliott was taken too early.

About Mixon: For a non-glaring need because of Jeremy Hill and a recovering Giovani Bernard, he’s not worth that kind of backfield risk in the second round. The backlash is bound to make that pick backfire. Between Mixon, Adam Jones and Vontaze Burfict, the Bengals are unrelenting in ignoring controversy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2017-grades-results-winners-losers-best-worst-browns-49ers-raiders-bears/18hqayqs3zll51g21an59nw2g5
I think this might be the dumbest thing I have read???? 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 12:13 PM)bengals67 Wrote: That comment also baffled me.

It's definitely baffling...

Plus a guy like Lattimore was a 1 year wonder. I doubt there was any 2nd Round CB that we could draft that would step in and be a starter.

Conversely, Ross and Mixon will get playing time and potentially start.

From a value perspective of these guys will play...it was 2 good picks. Same with our 3rd Round pick.

After that I'm not so sure guys will play outside of special teams. (I like the Lawson pick...but I think he's more an OLB than a DE. If we move him to DE I think he may get lost in the shuffle.)
Reply/Quote
The Bleacher Report dude also talked about the "increasingly tough AFCN" all while ranking 3 of the 4 teams in the bottom 3rd of the league

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:39 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'm not a fan of the O-line situation. The fact that the coaching staff has faith in them, surprising to me.

That being said, You (in general, not you specifically) have to look at the fact that we have Green coming back healthy, Eifert hopefully by season's end and the young talent drafted. We let go of some bums (Maualuga) and picked up some decent players (Minter). SURE, we did lose our best linemen (that does hurt).

I still don't see how that puts us 28th...So we lose two linemen and all of a sudden we are 5 spots worse than last year!? Don't get it.

Green, Eifert, Ross, Mixon, Boyd, all these weapons are great and yes they made some improvements on the defensive side of the ball but none of that matters if you can't block. 

Bodine was getting pushed back into Dalton a lot, blind side pressure without Whit is going to be really bad. It doesn't do us any good to have tons of weapons, we teams can get pressure with a 4 man front and there is no push in the running game. 

This entire season depends on the play of the line, all the weapons in the world are useless if your QB is running for his life or laying on his back. And unless Mixon is Barry Sanders, the line letting people meet him in the backfield is going to be a problem.

That's why we dropped, at this point the Browns may actually win more games than the Bengals. I know...that's crazy talk, but they are adding solid young talent and have a badass line on offense and defense. If they can get decent and consistent QB play, they'll be an 8 win team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: remember it was a weak OL draft.... 

and teams that did draft OL guys will most likely be cutting some with experience in the league..

Next year will be beef up the OL time.

we did get a guy that can play RT and C the 2 spots of the biggest potential need.

Maybe we go find another LT for depth as I don't remember whos behind Obg

Which makes it even more insane that this team let Whit and Z walk. Everyone knew it was a weak class, and still they let it happen.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This writer obviously doesn't know much about how the Bengals coaches work.

Willis and Lawson may be better fits for a 3-4, but the reality is that the Bengals rotate their defensive lineman a lot. That being said, these guys are pure edge rushers who should immediately help the pass rush.

Ross and Malone make the WR corps instantly much faster. Anyone who watched this team last year knows that there was a significant lack of speed. We also lacked a field stretching WR.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:12 AM)Joelist Wrote: Typical bleacherreport trash.

They instantly destroyed their credibility when they labeled Ross one dimensional, as it shows their usual lack of ac tually researching players and teams. Also claiming that Ross and Mixon did not address needs shows they did not watch any games last season, or they would have seen the lack of speed on offense.

And while it was okay to note the OL losses plus the lack of doing anything in Free Agency to address them, to fault us for not going heavy OL in what was pretty universally regarded as the weakest OL draft in over a decade seems silly.

That and saying we basically didn't need another RB with Gio coming off injury and Hill be nothing special proves they're just putting out trash for clicks.

People enabled it so they continue to do it  ThumbsUp
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
They complain about reaching for Ross, but complain we didn't make massive reaches for oline

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 02:58 AM)jeremydc Wrote: And that is another point. It was clear this draft was week @ oline yet we let 2 of our best walk.

Wrong, we made offer to Whit.. he went elsewhere.. besides we drafted two tackles.. time to let them see what they have
Reply/Quote
Yeah our Offensive Line is terrible but other than that we have a good roster. Our front 7 has 3 DPOY candidates alone, we have a borderline top 10 QB, arguably the best WR in the NFL, and a top 5 TE. I don't think this team can a championship because of the offensive line and lack of pass rushers but were a decent playoff caliber team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Wrong, we made offer to Whit.. he went elsewhere.. besides we drafted two tackles.. time to let them see what they have

It basically points up the main error we made this offseason - we should have tagged Whit, eaten the money hit for that one year and gone over our self-imposed budget. We still could have done everything we did and would have the OL depth we currently lack. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 09:49 PM)Storer50 Wrote: They complain about reaching for Ross, but complain we didn't make massive reaches for oline

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

This. This draft was terrible for offensive lineman. I'm not sure why they said Ross was a reach, it was a guarantee he was gone in the first round at some point. I didn't see a single lineman worth taking in the first round. So, irony there.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Wrong, we made offer to Whit.. he went elsewhere.. besides we drafted two tackles.. time to let them see what they have

Good point.

Reply/Quote
I think 28th seems a bit harsh as well, but remember that we finished at #23 last year.

Teams behind us did get better. Carolina was behind us one spot at #24 and they definitely got better. San Diego was two spots behind us at #25 and they upgraded their interior line and got better as well.

Cleveland, San Fran and Chicago are so far down that they need multiple years to catch up.

Fixing the kicker problem might end up being the thing that has the biggest impact, at least where close games are concerned. LOL

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Wrong, we made offer to Whit.. he went elsewhere.. besides we drafted two tackles.. time to let them see what they have

We low balled Whit. He said it was go somewhere else or take what he could get from the Bengals.

We've already seen what we have in Ogbuehi. It's up to him to fix how he plays.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 12:13 PM)bengals67 Wrote: That comment also baffled me.

Well, until they do....

Reply/Quote
What's the difference between our opinions and a Sports Journalist? I mean anybody can have an uneducated opinion.
Reply/Quote