Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lavana Bell is a diva, shouldn’t be paid
It’s true, Pittsburgh Steelers football has become the land of divas, with Lavana Bell leading the charge. Should she be paid? This guy from the sporting news certainly doesn’t think so and I tend to agree considering any RB could run behind a line that is allowed to stretch cloth week in and week out. Anyways, here is the article, enjoy!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/return-super-bowl-steelers-run-234457366.html

Reply/Quote
Personally, I'm not sure that many other teams would give him what he perceives as his worth. (yeah, I know that there's always one team that needs a big name to fill some seats) The author has a pretty good point, about his lack of explosive plays. Since recovering from the last injury, he seems to play cautious, safe, reserved.

Pittsburgh has an OL that just about any bum could get 1K yards behind. Why would you let one prima donna hold your franchise hostage? The only reason that I can come up with is that perhaps the "Steeler way" has gone by the wayside, and is now only hollow words? I mean, wasn't it just a couple years back when Ben accepted a contract restructuring, so that the team could put better talent around him?

Bell doesn't seem like much of a team player, to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As much as I hate the Steelers and the know that "Steelers Way" seems to be a thing of the past, I don't think they cave just because (1) James Conner didn't look horrible in his limited opportunities, (2) their line opens holes and allows him to just wait for the play to develop, (3) Bell gets injured when the wind blows hard, (4) I don't think they'll have the salary cap space to pay him what he wants, and (5) I don't think any other team would give him a deal as big as he wants (#1 back and #2 receiver).
Reply/Quote
Not sure I care, but hope they give him an unsigned check and let him break their bank.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bell is really good, so I hope the Steelers let him walk for our sake. Some team with a bunch of cap space will pay him (49ers perhaps) and he'll be out of the division.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 08:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I'm not sure that many other teams would give him what he perceives as his worth.  (yeah, I know that there's always one team that needs a big name to fill some seats)  The author has a pretty good point, about his lack of explosive plays.  Since recovering from the last injury, he seems to play cautious, safe, reserved.

Pittsburgh has an OL that just about any bum could get 1K yards behind.  Why would you let one prima donna hold your franchise hostage?  The only reason that I can come up with is that perhaps the "Steeler way" has gone by the wayside, and is now only hollow words?  I mean, wasn't it just a couple years back when Ben accepted a contract restructuring, so that the team could put better talent around him?

Bell doesn't seem like much of a team player, to me.

Totally agree. I hope they let him walk because I think that overpaying for him can hinder them long term. Look at what has happened to the Ravens for giving Flucco too much money. Not to mention that he's not a team guy. Missing the walk through before the playoff game? Unacceptable. Bill Belichick would NEVER have this guy back after all of the shennanigans that he's pulled throughout his career. He's a great player, but too big of a distraction. 

(01-22-2018, 09:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As much as I hate the Steelers and the know that "Steelers Way" seems to be a thing of the past, I don't think they cave just because (1) James Conner didn't look horrible in his limited opportunities, (2) their line opens holes and allows him to just wait for the play to develop, (3) Bell gets injured when the wind blows hard, (4) I don't think they'll have the salary cap space to pay him what he wants, and (5) I don't think any other team would give him a deal as big as he wants (#1 back and #2 receiver).

Did someone hijack Brads account? This is two threads now where he's given a well thought out and reasonable opinion and didn't bring up the word "rape" in it. Im stunned. 
Reply/Quote
I say give him a fat contract, all incentive based but really easy milestones, and then bench his ass for the life of the contract. **** his crybaby antics.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 12:55 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Did someone hijack Brads account? This is two threads now where he's given a well thought out and reasonable opinion and didn't bring up the word "rape" in it. Im stunned. 

[Image: really-i-am-a-rocket-scientist.jpg]
Reply/Quote
While he is a great player both WR and RB, but a locker room cancer!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: really-i-am-a-rocket-scientist.jpg]

A rocket scientist would probably be educated enough to not capitalize the term ‘rocket scientist’ in that sentence.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 10:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure I care, but hope they give him an unsigned check and let him break their bank.

I’m good with this. Specially when he’s guaranteed to miss a few games every year.

Reply/Quote