Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lavar Ball - ingrate
Even though we all know that Trump is racist and just got those three idiots who shop lifted off just to look like a hero in the press , Lavar Ball should still be grateful for what Trump did as that whole incident could of turned out real bad.
Trump just got played like a fiddle by Lavar f***ing Ball.

Our president ladies and gentlemen.
Lavar Bell is living his 15 minutes of fame and POTUS continues to go beneath his station with these tweets. But as much as there is a population that detests his tweets; there's another equal population that applauds them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-20-2017, 07:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lavar Bell is living his 15 minutes of fame and POTUS continues to go beneath his station with these tweets. But as much as there is a population that detests his tweets; there's another equal population that applauds them

I've always viewed Lavar Ball as a dbag... Which he is. He's right this time though. Why does the president even respond to, or address him? It's makes him look so small. It's not the first action that has made him appear that way, and there seems to be nothing that is beneath him. Taking to Twitter after the thieves had been released, and wondering if they would thank him was as petty as opening a door for an old lady, and immediately saying "You're welcome".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Only in America, can the President, who likely saved 3 young men from a likely 5-10 year prison sentence, be seen as the Villon.  A simple "thank you" would have sufficed, as Trump saved not only their asses from likely prison, but also salvaged their ability to play basketball, a game that they may or may not have a career in.

Had Obama gotten these criminals off the hook, they would have thrown a parade for him in downtown LA.  This double standard bullshit has run it's course.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-20-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Only in America, can the President, who likely saved 3 young men from a likely 5-10 year prison sentence, be seen as the Villon.  A simple "thank you" would have sufficed, as Trump saved not only their asses from likely prison, but also salvaged their ability to play basketball, a game that they may or may not have a career in.

Had Obama gotten these criminals off the hook, they would have thrown a parade for him in downtown LA.  This double standard bullshit has run it's course.

I've not heard anyone villify the president over getting these morons released. It was the asking for a thank you on social media that set some off. The thing of it is, he really didn't care about a thank you. He just wanted to interject himself further into this saga. The very same reason he does anything on Twitter.

There is no double standard when I comes to things like this. Few other adults behave in that manner. If you can show me an example of Obama stirring the pot on social media after doing something like that, I'll say you have a point. Until then, it's just people who "support" (whatever that means) the president whining that not as many people laughed at or shook their heads at the previous administration... On a weekly or even daily basis.

Personally, I think he should have left those chumps over there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-20-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Had Obama gotten these criminals off the hook, they would have thrown a parade for him in downtown LA.  This double standard bullshit has run it's course.

As lame as Trump's response to Ball is, I have to agree with this.  Trouble is, the extremists on the left won't see it.  Hard to see anything with your head up your own ass I suppose.
(11-20-2017, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: I've not heard anyone villify the president over getting these morons released. It was the asking for a thank you on social media that set some off. The thing of it is, he really didn't care about a thank you. He just wanted to interject himself further into this saga. The very same reason he does anything on Twitter.

There is no double standard when I comes to things like this. Few other adults behave in that manner. If you can show me an example of Obama stirring the pot on social media after doing something like that, I'll say you have a point. Until then, it's just people who "support" (whatever that means) the president whining that not as many people laughed at or shook their heads at the previous administration... On a weekly or even daily basis.

I'm with you on that, for sure.  I'm just a bit disappointed that bozos like Lavar Ball refuse to acknowledge the nice move of diplomacy that Trump pulled, to save these guys from suffering.  While stealing some sunglasses might seem petty to many in the US, Eastern Nations take that stuff seriously.  I've not read much about Chinese prisons, but I can't imagine it being a pleasant experience.

On another note, why do privileged American kids think it's OK to do stupid stuff in Eastern Nations?  Remember Michael Faye?  The kid that got caned in (I forget the exact location), for vandalizing cars.  What the heck??  Do they feel like they are somehow above the laws in other Nations?  Kind of makes me think that America has gotten so soft that we excuse so much, and dismiss it as "petty", that we have a youth that truly feels like they can do whatever they want, without fear of retribution.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-20-2017, 08:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm with you on that, for sure.  I'm just a bit disappointed that bozos like Lavar Ball refuse to acknowledge the nice move of diplomacy that Trump pulled, to save these guys from suffering.  While stealing some sunglasses might seem petty to many in the US, Eastern Nations take that stuff seriously.  I've not read much about Chinese prisons, but I can't imagine it being a pleasant experience.

On another note, why do privileged American kids think it's OK to do stupid stuff in Eastern Nations?  Remember Michael Faye?  The kid that got caned in (I forget the exact location), for vandalizing cars.  What the heck??  Do they feel like they are somehow above the laws in other Nations?  Kind of makes me think that America has gotten so soft that we excuse so much, and dismiss it as "petty", that we have a youth that truly feels like they can do whatever they want, without fear of retribution.

Oh yeah... I remember Michael Faye. He and I were from the same neck of the woods in Ohio. I was only 19 or so, and a freshman at OSU at the time. I really thought he should have gotten cained. I'm personally against corporal punishment, but Singapore wasn't. Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. If I recall correctly he got in trouble again after he returned to the States.

Lavar Ball is a shameless self promoter. His response to the president was as predictable as Trump's response to him was. Donald Trump has no business arguing with that asshat.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Trump and Ball are such kindred spirits.
(11-20-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Had Obama gotten these criminals off the hook, they would have thrown a parade for him in downtown LA.  This double standard bullshit has run it's course.

The double standard more so with Ball himself...no way he reacts to Obama the same way he reacted to Trump.

He'd be singing Obamas praises.
(11-20-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Only in America, can the President, who likely saved 3 young men from a likely 5-10 year prison sentence, be seen as the Villon.  A simple "thank you" would have sufficed, as Trump saved not only their asses from likely prison, but also salvaged their ability to play basketball, a game that they may or may not have a career in.

Had they not been thankful, Obama would not have tweeted a word about it, being busy with the real business of the nation.
(11-20-2017, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: There is no double standard when I comes to things like this. Few other adults behave in that manner. If you can show me an example of Obama stirring the pot on social media after doing something like that, I'll say you have a point. Until then, it's just people who "support" (whatever that means) the president whining that not as many people laughed at or shook their heads at the previous administration... On a weekly or even daily basis.

Well said, this "double standard" crap is tiring. Jeezus you'd think Trump killed Osama bin Laden or secured a nuke deal with Iran.

The people who run around claiming "double standard" are in fact the ones who create and uphold them. Cf. the buzz round Obama's vacations and golfing. Not to mention the "unfair" coverage of the largest crowds ever at Trump's inauguration.
(11-20-2017, 11:36 PM)Dill Wrote: Had they not been thankful, Obama would not have tweeted a word about, being busy with the real business of the nation.

Yes Dill but that avoids the Whataboutism used to defend Trump.  Clearly there would have been a country wide celebration for Obama while poor Trump barely gets a mention let alone a single bit of gratitude from the citizens he personally saved.

Which is NO way is the same as the "extremists on the left".   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-20-2017, 11:36 PM)Dill Wrote: Had they not been thankful, Obama would not have tweeted a word about, being busy with the real business of the nation.

True, but it hardly detracts from the point.  Trump is more petty than Obama, by far.  No one disputes this.  But that, again, doesn't change the point of the thread.
(11-20-2017, 11:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump barely gets a mention let alone a single bit of gratitude from the citizens he personally saved.

How patriotic of you to notice.  Thanks for your support!  ThumbsUp

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Does it really have to be explained to you why Trump tweets?
I know what you're going to say but that's not it.

Obama never would of had to tweet...after all the fawning and adoration he would have received from the media tweeting would have been highly redundant.
Is everyone forgetting that the three ADULTS (all are over 18) that he helped did in fact thank him?
(11-21-2017, 08:22 AM)Vlad Wrote: Does it really have to be explained to you why Trump tweets?
I know what you're going to say but that's not it.

Obama never would of had to tweet...after all the  fawning and adoration he would have received from the media tweeting would have been highly redundant.

Mommy and Daddy didn't love him enough so he's always looking for validation?

Or, given your next sentence, more Obama envy?
(11-21-2017, 09:32 AM)Au165 Wrote: Is everyone forgetting that the three ADULTS (all are over 18) that he helped did in fact thank him?

Yes, yes...but not EVERYONE did.  And, worse, someone said they didn't care.

Trump needs that love!