Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawson' Interview
I agree with Lawson, it was a BS call. AD never gets a call like that, never.

What do you think of this and other QB calls for roughing versus calls for roughing against others? I am still trying to figure out why #34 Poole for Atlanta was not ejected for targeting against Walton???

DEFENSIVE LINEMAN CARL LAWSON
On the roughing the passer penalty:

“It’s really messed up because that’s taking stats off the board and plays out of the game. It’s really dirty for real. That’s a sack they took away from me. I don’t know man, I am really upset. I don’t know what we are supposed to do in the league. I didn’t put my full body weight on him, and I didn’t hit him low. They said I hit him high, but I can’t hit him high if I go to hit the ball. I don’t know what to tell you, and I don’t know what to do. You don’t know how hard it is to keep rushing and rushing and rushing and rushing and rushing and rushing and then they call a bull crap penalty even when you are trying to do the right thing. I think the league really has to do something about this. It probably won’t be groundbreaking coming from me because I’m not really known that much but they got to do something about this because it is ridiculous. It is ridiculous. I went high for the ball. I don’t know what to do.”
On his thought process prior to being penalized:
“I actually thought about it in my thought process. You know what – let me not. I rolled to the side. And then that is how guys get hurt. I think William Hayes got hurt from Miami trying to do that.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Look at the point totals scored so far across the league.

Coincidence or are these rules padding the offenses and taking away from the defenses?
Reply/Quote
I agree with him. The sack is one of the best plays in football and it’s being destroyed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I agree with him. The sack is one of the best plays in football and it’s being destroyed.

Yep. The NFL is so oblivious to what the fans want and they cater to the fantasy crowd so much, they've taken one of the most exciting plays in football away. I'm not sure how much I will remain invested in the NFL if the games are all 35-31 with 900 yards passing and multiple subjective calls that chmge the game and decide the winner .

The only way a flag should be thrown for 15 yards is if the play was deemed unnecessarily violent. Did the player attempt to injure the other opposing player ot hit him after the play. The Dunlap sack, the Lawson sack and the WJIII call on the TD have been 3 awful flags
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I agree with him. The sack is one of the best plays in football and it’s being destroyed.

Truth...
Reply/Quote
Before we blame the league, aren't rule changes voted on by the owners? 

Reply/Quote
As someone who is a huge fan of defense, I'm definitely not liking the direction the NFL is trending. I really don't want to be watching Arena League type games every week.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As someone who is a huge fan of defense, I'm definitely not liking the direction the NFL is trending. I really don't want to be watching Arena League type games every week.  Whatever

x100. Seriously I've been seeing the major impact of the way the NFL is trending since week 1, and its not good from my perspective, but I love defense.

No kids are going to want to grow up to play defense anymore lol. They are literally ruining this awesome sport by doing all this in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
I'm at wit's end with this. Honestly, I was screaming at the television. Just went from 0 to 60 instantly.

**** it. If we are going to continue pussifying the QB position because of a few overpaid crybabies, remove sacks completely and rule a QB down by contact with two-hand touch. At least then it will take away the confidence these guys having knowing that they can stand back in the pocket all day and be gifted 15 yards at the merest hint of a tackle.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I agree with him too.
Reply/Quote
I agree as well

And there's a ton of screaming all around ! I can't believe the NFL isn't going to have to clean this up before it's over.
Reply/Quote
It's horrible, it lets the small weak quarterbacks (sized like steph curry, patrick mahomes) get advantageous over fatter QBs like fat ben. It's like NBA where you can't hack players going down the lane anymore, qB will sit there with no fear. We need 1990s Defense to come back, but it's long gone.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
*comment removed

Reply/Quote
Don't worry, Burfict will get expelled before he even steps on the field because the QB will report him that he's giving him nightamres and head umpire will say leave now and never ...come back (gollum, gollumn)
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The new Sack rule is dumb and I don't know how anyone can defend it. With that being said I think people are exaggerating the impact it is having on the offensive explosion were seeing around the league.

There are 18 teams on Pace to have 40 or more sacks this season up from 13 last year.

I Also think the NFL is being Nieve if they think this rule is going to help QBs stay healthy in the future because it will encourage teams to throw the ball more which in turn allow QB to take more hits which will lead to more injuries.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
AGREED! Moved on here.
Reply/Quote
Please stay on topic.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Before we blame the league, aren't rule changes voted on by the owners? 

The owners ARE the league. Rule changes probably ought to be voted on by both ownership and labor (the players). It's something that the players union could demand and even strike over if necessary . Of course there would always be some who would just dismiss players as self entitled, but they're the guys who have to suffer through the injuries, not the owners. You'll never see Mike Brown getting tackled by Geno Adkins although most of us would gladly pay super bowl ticket prices to watch it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As someone who is a huge fan of defense, I'm definitely not liking the direction the NFL is trending. I really don't want to be watching Arena League type games every week.  Whatever

This is exactly why I cannot watch college, nothing against it but its just boring watching Alabama beat up on some crappy team 70-3.  I think there are so many fans of the NFL now who are more stat fans than football fans.
Reply/Quote

I agree, the refs are inconsistent calling the penalty and we have seen some like the Clay Mathews, Dunlap and Lawson roughing calls are not only horrible calls, they are game changing.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote