Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawson out for year
I recall the national media NFL guys actually criticizing the Bengals,
For not resigning Lawson.
Where are they at now?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:27 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I recall the national media NFL guys actually criticizing the Bengals,
For not resigning Lawson.
Where are they at now?

well no one has a working crystal ball....
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 11:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm not really sad for anyone in this situation.  Carl got his money and doesn't really have to play for it.  I can't feel sorry for the Jets, because Jets.  Carl my be done, but he's still rich.

I also want to say that I am glad we aren't seeing any sour grapes on either side of the Carl signing argument.  The way i saw it, those of us who didn't want to sign him were universally worried about his injury prone history, whereas, those who were upset we didn't sign him basically dismissed it or ignored it (looking back at the threads on the subject).

So good to see everyone's keeping it classy (seriously) and not throwing food at each other in the cafeteria in regard to I told you so's or whatever, unlike the Chase/Sewell debates that simmers in the background like Limburger being heated for fondue and forgotten overnight on the stove.

Yeah, there was nothing to dislike about Lawson except his injury history. He was due another injury looking at his past, which is why I was happy we let him go instead of signing him to a huge contract and went with Hendrickson. But wish nothing but the best for the guy. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well no one has a working crystal ball....

Yes but he had a history that the national media ignored due to ignorance or to produce click bait from bashing on the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Too bad for Carl, wish him the best. This is what I was afraid of if we extended him over getting Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 01:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: Yes but he had a history that the national media ignored due to ignorance or to produce click bait from bashing on the Bengals.

also true but being hurt in the past doesnt always lead to it in the future.   Some guys just have no luck
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: also true but being hurt in the past doesnt always lead to it in the future.   Some guys just have no luck

Yeah this really sucks to see, Lawson seems like a good guy and I hate to see him going down for the year. 

Lawson certainly doesn't have any luck at all, but unfortunately each injury just takes a little more from a person and tends to lead to the next injurry being easier to have. Hate to see it for Lawson.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe that most injuries are just bad luck.  BUt clearly there are some guys like Eifert and Lawson whose bodies just can't take football.  This current injury means Lawson will have only had 3 healthy seasons ('16, '17, '20) in 8 years ('14-'21), and two of those years he missed an entire season ('14, '21)

I take it you are including his college years here?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: also true but being hurt in the past doesnt always lead to it in the future.   Some guys just have no luck

You call it bad luck.  I call it a pattern of susceptibility due to the frequency.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 03:51 PM)Stewy Wrote: You call it bad luck.  I call it a pattern of susceptibility due to the frequency.

has it been the same type of injury?    just curious...  or has it been random freak things like poor Eifert.
Reply/Quote
Hate it for him. Just can't stay on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 03:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: has it been the same type of injury?    just curious...  or has it been random freak things like poor Eifert.

Eifert was random freak things; the only thing that was recurring, was the back, otherwise:

- Arm snapped; freak accident.
- Broken ankle: freak accident.
- Concussion; not a freak accident, but dirty play by the Stoolers.

The back took out half of the '16 season and all but 2 games of the '17 season.

Lawson has had:

- 2 ACL tears
- Torn Achilles
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well no one has a working crystal ball....

Didn’t need a crystal ball…
Reply/Quote